SportsWrath

2009 Opponents

Nesta

New York Giants

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Atlanta, Carolina, Arizona, Oakland, San Diego

Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Denver, Kansas City

Much easier than '08 anyway.

WHY DO WE PLAY MINNESOTA EVERY YEAR?!?!?!?!?! AND WE HAVE TO PLAY THEM AWAY AGAIN? THAT'S 2 YEARS IN A ROW!!!!

No that was Jim Fassels crowning achievement and apparently he was the only one who wore the ring they got that day...... :ph34r:

That is because his bestus friend in the whole wide world....Brian Bellick had it monogramed with his initials inside it. :LMAO:

although it is way too soon to speculate, the dog doesn't see this as all that easy...

the division games in the NFC east will amount to anything from a 2-4 record to a 4-2 record.

Atlanta could very well have that let down year after making such strides as often happens (especially at the QB position), but with the ground game they are competetive. Carolina will be tough again. Arizona depends on the QB situation. Oakland, as bad as they are, played a lot of tough games this year (solid improving defense and young talent on offense). San Diego is good, and will only get better.

New Orleans will be back in the mix and most likely a playoff team, possible super bowl contender. Tampa is annoying to play, and are always tough. Minnesota always seems to have the giants number, and they are good anyway. Denver will be much improved (this year they played with 7 different starting running backs and for a four game stretch played with 5 rookies starting on defense due to injuries), and KC improved greatly despite the record over the final stretch of the season...

Again, way too soon to speculate, but in this league, you can either rise or drop very quickly...

I'm not saying it's easy necessarily dog, just easier than '08 in my opinion. I think that last 10 game stretch is what killed us in the end. It was tough.

In '09 at least we're facing the weakest AFC division (we were 3-1 vs one of the toughest afc divisions last year, the one loss the fluke Cleve game). We are facing a tougher nfc division this year, but I like the way we match up to those teams.

I'm also confident against Arizon (Minny despite the recent losses to them.)

I'm not saying it's easy necessarily dog, just easier than '08 in my opinion. I think that last 10 game stretch is what killed us in the end. It was tough.In '09 at least we're facing the weakest AFC division (we were 3-1 vs one of the toughest afc divisions last year, the one loss the fluke Cleve game). We are facing a tougher nfc division this year, but I like the way we match up to those teams.

I'm also confident against Arizon (Minny despite the recent losses to them.)

this is what is so entertaining about the NFL these days. going into the season, the dog isn't sure too many people would have thought teams like the falcons, cardinals, and titans would be little more than a blip on the radar...and that teams like the panthers and ravens would be tough, but not as successful as they have been...it will be interesting to see which teams make the jump next season, and which teams fall...

the afc west will be much improved and more competetive next season.