SportsWrath

Giving Thanks as a Giant fan

xxi-xxv

I am thankful that the Giants are the defending SB champions. I am also thankful for the great product our terrific front office has placed on the field and most of all I am thankful for Tom Coughlin, with so many bad coaches littering the league nowadays I am grateful to have such a tremendous coach.

So much to be thankful for as Giant's fans.

Jerry Reese, Coughlin (thank god they didn't take my suggestions and fire him 2 years ago)

our supreme running game

the depth

the oline

10-1

The fact we're even better than last year

Kiwi and Tuck

3 Superbowl wins.

etc...

Eli.

I watch teams now a days with QBs who will only be on their roster for 4 years tops, or see controversy like with McNabb(even though he doesnt deserve it) and I think to myself "What a pickup in the draft this kid is"

When we drafted Eli I knew he would be our franchise QB, I mean I didnt know what he could do but I knew the FO was going to stick with him. I watched him progress and regress in some games but one thing remained...he stayed "Easy E" Most QBs would of cracked under the pressure of helping to restore a great franchise but Eli just kept going out game after game and trying his best.

As alot of posters know I was hard on the kid last year, I gave him the benefit of the doubt his first couple years but last year I was really critical of him. However he proved me wrong, he showed me he could come out for 16 complete games a season and play at a good level of QB play even a great level when he needs to.

Hearing all this stuff about how Eagles fans are pinning all this blame on McNabb after all this time and then looking at our own situation. The Eagles have/had(when he leaves next year) who played on their team threw thick and thin and did nothing but try to win games for them, but in the end they can't look past the fact their team is shit and blame it on him. Then I look at the Giant's and Eli...we have a QB who is going to be our QB until the day he retires, well probably anyways. He is going to be with us threw the good times and the bad going out game after game trying to do the best he can to win games..and thats all we can ask of Eli.

So I'm thankful we have a QB in Eli and at one time a GM who decided "Hey..he might look like Forest Gump...but he's our guy"

So much to be thankful for as Giant's fans.

Jerry Reese, Coughlin (thank god they didn't take my suggestions and fire him 2 years ago)

our supreme running game

the depth

the oline

10-1

The fact we're even better than last year

Kiwi and Tuck

3 Superbowl wins.

etc...

Remember I wanted Lord Foul himself the Prince of Darkness (Belichek) to come back an exile Cheerleader to the outer reaches. I am not ashamed to admit that I was wrong and that he is the right coach for this team. Especially once he toned down just a tick his puritanical work ethic and started accepting input from the team as a whole. I am grateful to the Giants for showing that a class organization can win big in this day of free agency and bloated egos.

Evidently there's a lot to be thankful for..

I would've started naming players but didn't want to risk skipping some. I'm thankful for the chemistry this team has. I'm thankful we're a classy organization that puts value on character. And let's face it, being Giants fans are what brings us all here.. like a family.. and for that I'm also thankful.

wow...the dog actually finds this thread embarrassing...in the same way that you feel when you turn on "Saved by the Bell" embarrassing...so much to be thankful for...in a day and age where thousands are losing jobs, war is in full force in multiple nations, and many have since lost their homes to foreclosures...it nice to give thanks to a man who coaches an nfl team, makes player trades for an nfl team, or is the QB for an nfl team...bravo giant's fans...bravo...

wow...the dog actually finds this thread embarrassing...in the same way that you feel when you turn on "Saved by the Bell" embarrassing...so much to be thankful for...in a day and age where thousands are losing jobs, war is in full force in multiple nations, and many have since lost their homes to foreclosures...it nice to give thanks to a man who coaches an nfl team, makes player trades for an nfl team, or is the QB for an nfl team...bravo giant's fans...bravo...

So we can't feel good about our favorite football team?

Thanks.

Had the thread title gone something like "It's Thanksgiving...what are you thankful for", I could probably see your point. Seeing as the 'giving thanks' part was followed by 'as a Giants fan' and specifically asked 'what are you thatnkful to the Giants for', your point (while noble) is moot in this thread. Try some of the other 'thankful' threads on the board in, say, GD or better yet, P&R. I'm sure those guys would have more than 2 cents to throw in. Happy Thanksgiving.

The thread was started in the Giants section. Nothing wrong with Giants nation discussing what we're thankful for in regards to our team on Thanksgiving. Stop sipping the haterade man.

And to get back on topic, there's too much to be thankful for about this team. We aren't perfect, but it's classic Giants football. Who doesn't love seeing Earth, Wind and Fire and our o-line wear down a defense? Eli has cut down on the mistakes and our defense, who everyone thought was done after the losses of Stra and Osi basically said "FUCK THAT" and might be better than it was last year. John Carney, WOW is all I have to say. I loved the signing. He's now tied for the league lead in scoring.

Hopefully we can keep this up, some tough match-ups remaining and we haven't won anything yet but it's been fun watching this team so far this season. GO GIANTS!

The thread was started in the Giants section. Nothing wrong with Giants nation discussing what we're thankful for in regards to our team on Thanksgiving. Stop sipping the haterade man.

And to get back on topic, there's too much to be thankful for about this team. We aren't perfect, but it's classic Giants football. Who doesn't love seeing Earth, Wind and Fire and our o-line wear down a defense? Eli has cut down on the mistakes and our defense, who everyone thought was done after the losses of Stra and Osi basically said "FUCK THAT" and might be better than it was last year. John Carney, WOW is all I have to say. I loved the signing. He's now tied for the league lead in scoring.

Hopefully we can keep this up, some tough match-ups remaining and we haven't won anything yet but it's been fun watching this team so far this season. GO GIANTS!

Save your breath Taylor, there's no use in trying to explain this to an idiotic douchebag.

Wow the Dog is really stretching to get under our skin with this one huh? Guess we are not allowed in the GIANTS SECTION where we talk about football to be thankful for our team. I will go right over to the GD or P &R section and start a thread immidiately where I will ask all posters what they are thankful for in real life, not football(because you know this is usually where football topics and such originate). I am thankful that I do not need to follow BB01 from thread to thread and comment on EVERYTHING he says.

Wow the Dog is really stretching to get under our skin with this one huh? Guess we are not allowed in the GIANTS SECTION where we talk about football to be thankful for our team. I will go right over to the GD or P &R section and start a thread immidiately where I will ask all posters what they are thankful for in real life, not football(because you know this is usually where football topics and such originate). I am thankful that I do not need to follow BB01 from thread to thread and comment on EVERYTHING he says.

Although if you did, I would appreciate your words and take your advice. Unlike the douchedog, you are a good, bright poster with something to contribute.

xOTB-Party-Pooper.jpg

:TD:

It seems the Dog missed the point. The creator of this thread clearly stated being thankful as it relates to being a GIANT'S fan and it was created on the Giants' section of this MB. The Dog is way off.

Wow is right, this is the furthest reach you've ever made. Perhaps, and this is just me thinking out loud, but perhaps people are capable of being thankful for more than 1 thing? maybe we can at the same time thankful for our health, families, and all that, but also thankful for our team/s?

Maybe, just maybe, I AM one of those thousands of people out of work, and maybe yesterday at my parents house i pulled them aside individually and let them know how much i appreciate them and all they have done for me and my siblings? Maybe i can be those things, but also appreciate my team?

Or am I limited to being thankful for only 1 thing per year? Or maybe, you're so jealous and spiteful that you saw this thread and thought it was your opportunity to take another swipe at Giants fans? All the while being to chicken shit to reveal your own team.

boy, you really got us. :mellow:

Me thinks this is personal based on calling this guy out for his constant follow ups to EVERYTHING that BB01 posts. Its one thing to fuck with the guy here in the Giants section, but when you start to follow his every word to the GD section it becomes obsessive, downright SAD if you ask me.

Speaking of sad, I would interpret that as being someone who comes on a message board on THANKSGIVING day to throw cold water towards the fans of a team in really what was meant to be a light hearted thread about the GIANTS on a day in which we give thanks for things. Now had I started the thread with "WHO GIVES A RATS ASS ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE IN TROUBLE THIS THANKSGIVING THE GIANTS ARE FUCKING GOOD AND THATS ALL I CARE ABOUT AND AM THANKFUL FOR" well then maybe the Dog would have been correct in his assesment of this thread. Well facts are facts, thats not what was said and in true,sad obsessive form, the dog is wrong.

Unlike EGG this guy has yet again been proven to be a troll and for my two cents should just be banned at this point, he brings nothing to the table. Sadly he ruined this thread, which I had hoped would be fun for all and light hearted.

Me thinks this is personal based on calling this guy out for his constant follow ups to EVERYTHING that BB01 posts. Its one thing to fuck with the guy here in the Giants section, but when you start to follow his every word to the GD section it becomes obsessive, downright SAD if you ask me.

Speaking of sad, I would interpret that as being someone who comes on a message board on THANKSGIVING day to throw cold water towards the fans of a team in really what was meant to be a light hearted thread about the GIANTS on a day in which we give thanks for things. Now had I started the thread with "WHO GIVES A RATS ASS ABOUT ALL THE PEOPLE IN TROUBLE THIS THANKSGIVING THE GIANTS ARE FUCKING GOOD AND THATS ALL I CARE ABOUT AND AM THANKFUL FOR" well then maybe the Dog would have been correct in his assesment of this thread. Well facts are facts, thats not what was said and in true,sad obsessive form, the dog is wrong.

Unlike EGG this guy has yet again been proven to be a troll and for my two cents should just be banned at this point, he brings nothing to the table. Sadly he ruined this thread, which I had hoped would be fun for all and light hearted.

:clap:

Well said, and I totally agree on the banning part.