SportsWrath

Earth Wind & Fire

UK-Giantsfan

We have a fucking incredible 3 headed monster of a running game !

At the moment BJ and Ward will be both lost to FA in March

The O line are amazing ....and are all locked up for ages ..........

Do we pay big money to keep Earth Wind and Fire ......or could anybody put up great numbers behind our exceptional O line ?

I am a big fan of Bradshaw .......but what do you guys think we should do ?

Jacobs, Manning and Pierce are going to be the 3 toughest contracts. my guess is Jacobs will be odd man out.

I thought Manning was signed through, like, 2035?

B-Jac is awesome and is having a career year... I hope we keep him, but it's starting to look already like some tread is coming off the tires, and he's gonna want a 5-6 year deal most likely. Ward is getting older too and this is his first healthy season... he's likely gone as well... though didn't he sign a one-year deal just to stay here this season?

I sincerely hope we can keep at least one if not both of them, but if they want big contracts they'll probably both walk... we'll go with Bradshaw, Ware, and some big back we'll get with one of those picks from the Saints.

Are our running backs that good, or is our full back and o-line that good?

Id like to say both, but seriously, does anyone see ward putting up big numbers on a team with a shitty o-line? I think almost any rb in the nfl would have success with the giants o-line. Jacobs is just a freak and has to be re-signed, there isnt anyone like him in the game. even when he isnt getting big gains, he is punishing the defenses like no other back in the league can

Hope we don't become cocky like the Patriots, where we think we can put anybody behind our line or Eli can throw to any reciever. Even though JR does have a habit of letting guys go, Brandon Jacobs definently stays i think, i am not sure but maybe we can restructure Plex's contract, i know he just signed but i believe there is some type of behavioral clause where we can restructure and save. We have money we need Jacobs, #1 overall i think Philadelphia is a team he could go too if he hits the market, We have Pierce and Eli as well who will get restructed deals. Then go out and get a corner Ashomouga(bad spelling) maybe D. Hall just needed out of Oakland and will impress with Washington one of those two.

I thought Manning was signed through, like, 2035?

B-Jac is awesome and is having a career year... I hope we keep him, but it's starting to look already like some tread is coming off the tires, and he's gonna want a 5-6 year deal most likely. Ward is getting older too and this is his first healthy season... he's likely gone as well... though didn't he sign a one-year deal just to stay here this season?

I sincerely hope we can keep at least one if not both of them, but if they want big contracts they'll probably both walk... we'll go with Bradshaw, Ware, and some big back we'll get with one of those picks from the Saints.

I could be wrong but I think Manning's deal is up at the end of '09.

Jacobs is great but a 5 / 6 year deal would be foolish for us. It puts me in mind of when we let Rodney leave for San Fran. I was pissed at the time but he went downhill really fast.

Jacobs is great but a 5 / 6 year deal would be foolish for us. It puts me in mind of when we let Rodney leave for San Fran. I was pissed at the time but he went downhill really fast.

Yep at the end of 09 he becomes a free agent. Weren't the team working on a new deal with Eli during the off season to make him a Giant for life? I am confident that a deal will get done before 2010 Free Agency starts.

Probably a 3-4 year deal would be ideal for Jacobs. He is a leading voice in the locker room. It will be a big loss if he leaves.

Are our running backs that good, or is our full back and o-line that good?

Id like to say both, but seriously, does anyone see ward putting up big numbers on a team with a shitty o-line? I think almost any rb in the nfl would have success with the giants o-line. Jacobs is just a freak and has to be re-signed, there isnt anyone like him in the game. even when he isnt getting big gains, he is punishing the defenses like no other back in the league can

Yes our O-line opens up huge hole and hedgegcock is awsome... however Ward can be a starter on a few teams... I feel we can keep all 3 for years to come. The upside of having this 3-some is they get to say fresh for the post season as opposed to having on RB carry the load and by the time we get to the post=season, he's too beat up and the back is too rusty.

I think Ward staying with this Dynasty is a win-win.

Hope we don't become cocky like the Patriots, where we think we can put anybody behind our line or Eli can throw to any reciever. Even though JR does have a habit of letting guys go, Brandon Jacobs definently stays i think, i am not sure but maybe we can restructure Plex's contract, i know he just signed but i believe there is some type of behavioral clause where we can restructure and save. We have money we need Jacobs, #1 overall i think Philadelphia is a team he could go too if he hits the market, We have Pierce and Eli as well who will get restructed deals. Then go out and get a corner Ashomouga(bad spelling) maybe D. Hall just needed out of Oakland and will impress with Washington one of those two.

The jury is still out on Plax. Reese did cut Luke P and Traded Shockey... it's not too hard to find a stud WR out there especially with all the draft pix we got.. not to mention Manningham and Hixon are already on the team and are just waiting their time to shine.

I don't know how the Giants will not sign Jacobs. He changes the offense completely and it looks so much different without him on the field. In my opinion, Ward will be the one who is not resigned next year.

Yea I don't see the Giants letting Jacobs go, I see Ward being the odd man out in this situation. He's played well but Bradshaw is younger and is the man, so he stays.

You had to bring that up didn't you? :cwy:

I'm going to be a douche and just copy what I just wrote on another topic.

What I am hoping is the Giants can convince Jacobs AND Ward that they would be better served by staying with the Giants where they won't be worn down by a FULL time starter role. They will stay healthier by taking a lower contract but with it lower carries. There are certainly some teams out there that would take either, especially Jacobs, and try and plug them in as a 30+ carry guy but recent history shows that is only going to break their bodies.

I'm going to be a douche and just copy what I just wrote on another topic.

Yes our O-line opens up huge hole and hedgegcock is awsome... however Ward can be a starter on a few teams... I feel we can keep all 3 for years to come. The upside of having this 3-some is they get to say fresh for the post season as opposed to having on RB carry the load and by the time we get to the post=season, he's too beat up and the back is too rusty.

I think Ward staying with this Dynasty is a win-win.

:D

I've said before, I just don't think we let BJ walk. Maybe Ward has some loyalty toward us since we practically made him, and we've had a great run with him. It would be nice if ego's in the nfl were smaller and players had more loyalty to a team. We'll see.

I can't envision any scenario where we let Jacobs walk. He's too good and too endemic to our team identity. His market value will likely be commensurate with Marion Barber III's contract extension, and that's a survivable price for such a valuable player. And as long as we continue to deploy a mutli-back timeshare, whether it's Ward or Bradshaw or Ware sharing carries, we'll be able to preserve Jacobs for a long time.