SportsWrath

STRAHAN DID NOT COME OUT OF RETIREMENT BECAUSE

BadEgg

He already was, the $15mill Alimony decision was reversed in his favor

Well Strahan now needs to be handcuffed to the first lawyer that walks by him on how to write a pre-nuptial agreement before his love stupidity gets in the way...lol. The ex-Mrs. Murphy might also be upset with the ruling: "SHIT....I coulda run this motherfucker for two-thirds of his shit...FUCK!!!

I love Mike.

I just think it's hilarious how we rip Tiki for saying something, but Mike says something and he's just doing what his job calls for. :rolleyes:

The context was completely different. Strahan was hamming it up for the other Cowboy lovers on the panel. He'd even picked the Giants to win the NFC again a few minutes earlier (making the Cowboys pick non-sensical). Tiki was being spiteful and venomous in attempt to further his career. Strahan didn't critisise the Giants in the least.

The context was completely different. Strahan was hamming it up for the other Cowboy lovers on the panel. He'd even picked the Giants to win the NFC again a few minutes earlier (making the Cowboys pick non-sensical). Tiki was being spiteful and venomous in attempt to further his career. Strahan didn't critisise the Giants in the least.

Neither did Tiki. He was asked how Eli was doing as far as becoming the leader. And he answered honsetly. He didnt mean that Eli is a dork and that team sucks now that he isnt there. It was kinda comical looking when he started taking the reins, cause that Eli's demeanor, goofy. You dont recall Tiki at the SB giving, and GETTING props?

What makes this funny, is how ironic it is. Tiki becomes the media and says something honestly that he gets paid for and gets bashed. Mike does the same and is honored.

Neither did Tiki. He was asked how Eli was doing as far as becoming the leader. And he answered honsetly. He didnt mean that Eli is a dork and that team sucks now that he isnt there. It was kinda comical looking when he started taking the reins, cause that Eli's demeanor, goofy. You dont recall Tiki at the SB giving, and GETTING props?

What makes this funny, is how ironic it is. Tiki becomes the media and says something honestly that he gets paid for and gets bashed. Mike does the same and is honored.

Tiki flat out said Eli didn't have the leadership necessary to succeed. It was a calculated move to create controversy and get attention...and it backfired big time.

Regardless of the intent, it was still a very different event to Strahan's goofy Cowboys pick.

Tiki flat out said Eli didn't have the leadership necessary to succeed. It was a calculated move to create controversy and get attention...and it backfired big time.

Regardless of the intent, it was still a very different event to Strahan's goofy Cowboys pick.

If you can show me where he said those exact words, I'll eat crow. He said his first attempt was comical. Thats it.

If you can show me where he said those exact words, I'll eat crow. He said his first attempt was comical. Thats it.

It's not a quote but that was the substance of his comments. Completley different to Strahan who didn't say anything negative about the Giants at all.

It's not a quote but that was the substance of his comments. Completley different to Strahan who didn't say anything negative about the Giants at all.

You say tomato, I say Tomaato. I knew it wasnt a quote, but nothing more than a way one hears it. Its the same thing no matter how you slice it. I dont want to start hating on Stra, I'm just wondering why Tiki was bashed for it.

You are making 2 assumptions here. The first is that "unnamed sources" giving quotes all of a sudden vanished, and the 2nd is that Tiki was an unnamed source for any or all of some quotes that you probably can't even quote and don't know why they would be a negative to the team. Both assumptions are foolhardy. Even if those unnamed sources stopped, Tiki wasn't the only player to leave the team after the 2006 season. There is quite a bit of turnover. I never saw a time that Tiki was afraid to be quoted.

That's a pretty asinine statement, but I expect nothing less. Perhaps the person who leaked his retirement plans was your unnamed source. Perhaps not. Either way, it wasn't that big of a deal anyway. Something like that has no bearing on what takes place on the field on Sundays. I think it's reasonable to expect that you might entrust information like that to people in the organization so that they know as soon as possible how to move forward, being that Tiki was an integral part of the team. You really think Coughlin and/or Accorsi/Mara/Tisch didn't know Tiki was going to retire before it came out n the media?

Tiki has great respect for the Giants. I think it's pretty evident in that he showed that by the effort he put into his game every weekend. The guy worked his tail off and got the most out of his talents, and did so many times playing through injury. Without Tiki we would've had much higher draft picks for 2006 and 2007, I can tell you that. The Giants made Tiki? You can lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink. You also can't make a player like Tiki was. The talent has to be there, coupled with the work ethic, coupled with mental toughness and commitment. I think Tiki absorbed some great coaching, and he used that to maximize his ability, to his credit. That is a much fairer and truer statement than "The Giants made him what he is..." You needed to make him a pariah to make you feel better about his retiring when he was still at the top of his game. Pretty sad.

:clap:

Wasn't it a reporter that Tiki accidentally slipped up saying he was thinking about retiring who then printed it as fact? So Tiki just went with it because he was seriously considering it. Hell he still played really well that year so it wasn't a distraction for him that's for sure. It could have been a lot worse and he could have went about it like The Brett. At least the Giants didn't have to barricade the door shut, take crap loads of undeserved criticism just to get him to retire. Tiki was class act and if he thought Eli wasn't a great leader than to each their own.

You say tomato, I say Tomaato. I knew it wasnt a quote, but nothing more than a way one hears it. Its the same thing no matter how you slice it. I dont want to start hating on Stra, I'm just wondering why Tiki was bashed for it.

At the risk of repeating myself three times it's because STRAHAN DIDN'T CRITISISE THE GIANTS.

At the risk of repeating myself three times it's because STRAHAN DIDN'T CRITISISE THE GIANTS.

NEITHER DID TIKI. He criticized Eli's first attempt at leadership. Thats it. He has been giving him and the Giants props ever since. No one on the team was mad when he talked to them at the SB, why are we?

Who are you again???? I forget.........

11 post's, joined in march of 08

Eggy was gone on Hiatus before the end of Febuary

but he was true to form hmmmmmm how would you know what his form was?

I was indeed talking about Italian HotDog. I've been strictly lurking for quite a while. I like to mostly read and only post occasionally. Being here for the limited time I have and seeing multiple posts from Mr Hotdog, it's quite easy to pick up on his schtick.

I started lurking here after another poster (martin I believe) recommended this one on another Giants board that was getting shut down. I heard about that site from a poster on NYYfans who posted it in the Giants Thread on that site. My user name on NYYfans is LongLiveBernie51! if any of you are members on that site as well.

I've been enjoying the board and the quality posts by the informative posters that frequent this site.

Don't be shy about posting Intlgrounding...just jump right in. This isn't the main board where someone will treat you crap because you only have 5 posts next to your name. Be welcome and join in when you can.

Well, besides Lug. :P

Oh, and maybe Rik. Speaking of Bronx, where the hell is he? :huh:

OK ...yeah....but at least he will do it in a way that will garner a laugh or two. A lot of those Jack a napes over on the main board don't know jack shit...but think that they do. One of the worst combinations known to humanity....ignorance joined with arrogance. :lol:

I love Mike.

I just think it's hilarious how we rip Tiki for saying something, but Mike says something and he's just doing what his job calls for. :rolleyes:

Because we love, Mike... I don't think many of us appreciated what Tiki on his way out... Had he stuck around and was a team player.. appreciated the organization that drafted him and the fans who cheered him on.. maybe.. just maybe he would've been a GIANT icon.

Because we love, Mike... I don't think many of us appreciated what Tiki on his way out... Had he stuck around and was a team player.. appreciated the organization that drafted him and the fans who cheered him on.. maybe.. just maybe he would've been a GIANT icon.

Jeez...

1. When did Tiki say anything negative about the fans?

2. The only ppl Tiki criticized in the New York Giants organization were Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning. The comments he made about Coughlin were 100% true at the time (Some of us were saying much worse, myself included). The comments about Manning were, as previously posted, ONLY about the first time he took over as the team leader. Other than that he's had nothing but positive remarks.

Bottom line is that ppl need to grow up... especially those who can't let events that happened during the 2006 season rest. Don't like him as a person? Fine, but don't sit there and act like Tiki didn't leave every ounce of himself out there on the field every time he stepped on it.

DISCLAIMER: This entire post isn't directed at you Nas.

BigBlue and Dragon, you are spot on. One of the reasons I am such a voracious Tiki defender is because I watched Tiki on NBC that night he made the "comical" comments. I saw the full context of those comments. They were not said in a disparaging or disrespectful manner. He was asked about Eli's leadership. He spoke about how after he announced his retirement, he gave the 'rah-rah' stuff to Eli... you know how the offense gets in their pre-game huddle and gets motivated, jumping up and down together, that kind of stuff. He said that when he gave it to Eli, at first it was comical. If you can tell Eli's personality, you could easily imagine what that might look like, with Eli giving that pre-game, get you pumped schtick. Afterwards, Tiki went on to say that he thought that Eli very well could become the leader of the team, a quote conveniently left out by ESPN and the NY media. They only focused on the "comical" part, and that's where they had their story. Completely leaving out the positives that Tiki said of Eli. Basically Tiki was saying was, "Eli has some work to do but I'm confident he will become the unquestioned leader of the team." If Tiki put it just like that, there's no story. But because he used a personal anecdote, the media pounced, took him out of context, and created a firestorm that has followed him since. I've heard Tiki numerous times since say nothing but positives about the Giants, from his Sirius show, etc. He was pulling for the Giants during that whole playoff run, and was happy that the Giants won the Superbowl. Tiki is a great Giant, I have nothing but respect for him.

BigBlue and Dragon, you are spot on. One of the reasons I am such a voracious Tiki defender is because I watched Tiki on NBC that night he made the "comical" comments. I saw the full context of those comments. They were not said in a disparaging or disrespectful manner. He was asked about Eli's leadership. He spoke about how after he announced his retirement, he gave the 'rah-rah' stuff to Eli... you know how the offense gets in their pre-game huddle and gets motivated, jumping up and down together, that kind of stuff. He said that when he gave it to Eli, at first it was comical. If you can tell Eli's personality, you could easily imagine what that might look like, with Eli giving that pre-game, get you pumped schtick. Afterwards, Tiki went on to say that he thought that Eli very well could become the leader of the team, a quote conveniently left out by ESPN and the NY media. They only focused on the "comical" part, and that's where they had their story. Completely leaving out the positives that Tiki said of Eli. Basically Tiki was saying was, "Eli has some work to do but I'm confident he will become the unquestioned leader of the team." If Tiki put it just like that, there's no story. But because he used a personal anecdote, the media pounced, took him out of context, and created a firestorm that has followed him since. I've heard Tiki numerous times since say nothing but positives about the Giants, from his Sirius show, etc. He was pulling for the Giants during that whole playoff run, and was happy that the Giants won the Superbowl. Tiki is a great Giant, I have nothing but respect for him.

Well put Jim, and those are my thoughts exactly. I'm only sad that he retired one year too soon, he deserves a ring like Mike and Amani.