SportsWrath

STRAHAN DID NOT COME OUT OF RETIREMENT BECAUSE

BadEgg

Nobody said it was easy. But if you are truly the best, then you would win the ultiamte prize. I think the problem here, is that everyone is trying to determine who the best team is, and you cant do that until the season is over and a champ is crowned.

even the best teams lose games...the dog could point out that if you truely believe the giants were the best team, then why is it they lose to the lions...the vikings...etc...last year? upsets happen. if it should happen in the super bowl, then that is a great thing for the NFL and for fans, as it generates the excitement and keeps the league wide-open...doesn't mean the best team always wins...

I like Eggy.

We could win the next 10 SBs in a row and he would still come up with some lame ass excuse about how the wins mean nothing because they are the Giants.

Easy...I would never say that winning a Superbowl means nothing. It means everything.

The Giants accomplished what all teams set out to do last season. But as they say, "last year is last year," and that statement has never taken on as much meaning as it has this season.

Rarely do you see a Superbowl winner's run being decribed as "magical" and "improbable."

And then the team is basically written off after 1 week the next season (after beating a division rival), by almost all of the major media outlets and by one of it's more knowledgable former players who could have played for them again. Old news indeed.

Here is my prediction: When the Cowboys with the Superbowl this season, nobody will describe it as "magical" or "improbable." The talk will be about "repeat" and "dynasty."

There there are two words you never hear mentioned in the same sentence as the Giants. Or, even the same article. Go figure.

Easy...I would never say that winning a Superbowl means nothing. It means everything.

The Giants accomplished what all teams set out to do last season. But as they say, "last year is last year," and that statement has never taken on as much meaning as it has this season.

Rarely do you see a Superbowl winner's run being decribed as "magical" and "improbable."

And then the team is basically written off after 1 week the next season (after beating a division rival), by almost all of the major media outlets and by one of it's more knowledgable former players who could have played for them again. Old news indeed.

Here is my prediction: When the Cowboys with the Superbowl this season, nobody will describe it as "magical" or "improbable." The talk will be about "repeat" and "dynasty."

There there are two words you never hear mentioned in the same sentence as the Giants. Or, even the same article. Go figure.

Easy cowboy, win a playoff game first.

even the best teams lose games...the dog could point out that if you truely believe the giants were the best team, then why is it they lose to the lions...the vikings...etc...last year? upsets happen. if it should happen in the super bowl, then that is a great thing for the NFL and for fans, as it generates the excitement and keeps the league wide-open...doesn't mean the best team always wins...

We didnt lose to the Lions.

the dog can only guess that you are being a tad sarcastic...and yet, what the dog finds fascinating is that you continue to read the dog's posts and commenting...you must be quite taken with the dog. it happens. again and again.

I read every one of them just to see if you'll ever slip into the first person. Your discipline is very impressive.

C. Wagon

We didnt lose to the Lions.

good point...but just imagine that they did, and if not for a tipped interception, well who knows...

anyhow, the dog would say plug in any of the teams they lost to: vikings, redskins...etc...your rationale was that the best team should win...not always the case...

as in..... "Last time the Cowboys won a playoff game, we were still watching repeats of Dynasty"

good point...but just imagine that they did, and if not for a tipped interception, well who knows...

anyhow, the dog would say plug in any of the teams they lost to: vikings, redskins...etc...your rationale was that the best team should win...not always the case...

Ahh, but the Blue did not say that the best team always wins. The Blue said the best team always wins the big prize. ;)

HE KNOWS...

Strahan: Cowboys look Super

Posted: Monday September 08, 2008 05:03AM ET

What a traitor! Legendary New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan picked the archrival Dallas Cowboys Sunday to win the Super Bowl this season. Strahan, 36, retired in June after winning his first Super Bowl ring after 15 years with the Giants. On his first day as a television commentator, Strahan was asked who he thought would win the championship. " Dallas Cowboys, right now, the best team in the league. So I have to go with the Dallas Cowboys."

New York Daily News

Was that quote before or after the dismantling...

Nevermind...I'm bored already... :yikes:

Egg, I don't care if the pope has an affair with Madonna.. I don't care if the Giants never win a game again... we have XLII to be proud of... we beat you in your own house.. we beat the packers in arctic.. and we beat the then-undefeated Patriots... and we gave America and the world a Super Bowl for the ages. Not just did we play lights out, even our uniforms look great.. the way I see it, we're the world's champs.. hands down.. no ifs ands or buts about it.

Egg, I don't care if the pope has an affair with Madonna.. I don't care if the Giants never win a game again... we have XLII to be proud of... we beat you in your own house.. we beat the packers in arctic.. and we beat the then-undefeated Patriots... and we gave America and the world a Super Bowl for the ages. Not just did we play lights out, even our uniforms look great.. the way I see it, we're the world's champs.. hands down.. no ifs ands or buts about it.

I would've liked to have seen this same loyalty that you guys are giving to Strahan (an alltime Giant great), in light of these comments given his job as an NFL analyst, that the same loyalty would be given to another alltime Giant great in light of his comments (while also working as an NFL analyst), who was not afforded such leeway amongst Giants fans. This other alltime Giant great remains a Giant through and through, and will always bleed blue just like the rest of us.

The story is a non-issue as well. Analysts are paid to pick the best team on paper, basically, they are not paid to be homers.

The only bowl that the cowturds can/will win is the toilet bowl. History has shown that they play like shit when they are trying to win the super bowl, so that is what they get. :LMAO:

I would've liked to have seen this same loyalty that you guys are giving to Strahan (an alltime Giant great), in light of these comments given his job as an NFL analyst, that the same loyalty would be given to another alltime Giant great in light of his comments (while also working as an NFL analyst), who was not afforded such leeway amongst Giants fans. This other alltime Giant great remains a Giant through and through, and will always bleed blue just like the rest of us.

The story is a non-issue as well. Analysts are paid to pick the best team on paper, basically, they are not paid to be homers.

Unless your an ex-Cowboy. It makes me sick that guys like Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith are paid

to spew their bullshit. I was watching something Sunday morning on Outside the Lines on ESPN and they

had a writer on who wrote the book "Boys will be Boys" (Jeff Pearlman is the writer, he also wrote "The Bad

Guys Won about the '86 Mets) and he and Emmitt had different opinions on the Cowboys dynasty of the early

90's. At the end of the segment Emmitt says in a sarcastic tone "I hope you keep selling books."

Seriously Emmitt, go fuck yourself. You were lucky to be behind that offense line that opened up holes

bigger than Saddam Houssein's ditch and you were lucky that Barry Sanders retired or else you'd never

even come close to being the all time leading rusher in NFL History. Oh and your "expert" analysis blows, it

consists of "Cowboys are the best, your team sucks" and incoherent babbling follows.

Well, Strahan, an ex-Giant in the event you were wondering, could have very easily picked the Giants. Correct?

There will be no magic this year, Bigblue. The Giants will have to fall back on their talent pool. And that most likely means 8-8. You heard it here first...

no not really that's been going around already

Ahh, but the Blue did not say that the best team always wins. The Blue said the best team always wins the big prize. ;)

and the dog said, and you agreed, that this is not always the case in the NFL, since there are no 7 game series in the playoffs, and that any team that is able to get in the playoffs has the realistic opportunity to make a run...look, again, the dog takes nothing away from what the giants did, and they certainly earned the super bowl ring in the end, but the dog is merely suggesting that the best team does not always win the super bowl...

Guest StrahansGap

Can you imagine what the media would've said if Strahan picked the Giants to win the Super Bowl again? He IS the media and it's his job to stay impartial. Sorry.

I'm sorry but to say that Strahan and Barber should be afforded the same treatment is a bit misguided in my opinion. Strahan waited till after the season to announce his retirement.. while... well we all know the fucking circus...

Unless your an ex-Cowboy. It makes me sick that guys like Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith are paid

to spew their bullshit. I was watching something Sunday morning on Outside the Lines on ESPN and they

had a writer on who wrote the book "Boys will be Boys" (Jeff Pearlman is the writer, he also wrote "The Bad

Guys Won about the '86 Mets) and he and Emmitt had different opinions on the Cowboys dynasty of the early

90's. At the end of the segment Emmitt says in a sarcastic tone "I hope you keep selling books."

Seriously Emmitt, go fuck yourself. You were lucky to be behind that offense line that opened up holes

bigger than Saddam Houssein's ditch and you were lucky that Barry Sanders retired or else you'd never

even come close to being the all time leading rusher in NFL History. Oh and your "expert" analysis blows, it

consists of "Cowboys are the best, your team sucks" and incoherent babbling follows.

Man I don't think I was ever more devastated about a player leaving the game like when Barry did.

are you talking about tiki the bitter today show host?

I'm sorry but to say that Strahan and Barber should be afforded the same treatment is a bit misguided in my opinion. Strahan waited till after the season to announce his retirement.. while... well we all know the fucking circus...

His retirement was leaked. It was never Tiki's intention to have his retirement plans slip prior to the end of the season.

Seriously, NY media is the fucking circus. Tiki was and is an alltime great Giant, and should be recognized as such. I'm not surprised that you still don't get it.

are you talking about tiki the bitter today show host?

And NFL analyst on NBC's Sunday Night Football, and oh yeah, the alltime greatest RB in Giants history, that would be the one. Tiki was unbelievable to watch, as a Giants fan, watching him play was truly special. I still have, and wear proudly, a #21 Barber jersey.