SportsWrath

STRAHAN DID NOT COME OUT OF RETIREMENT BECAUSE

BadEgg

HE KNOWS...

Strahan: Cowboys look Super

Posted: Monday September 08, 2008 05:03AM ET

What a traitor! Legendary New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan picked the archrival Dallas Cowboys Sunday to win the Super Bowl this season. Strahan, 36, retired in June after winning his first Super Bowl ring after 15 years with the Giants. On his first day as a television commentator, Strahan was asked who he thought would win the championship. " Dallas Cowboys, right now, the best team in the league. So I have to go with the Dallas Cowboys."

New York Daily News

Was that quote before or after the dismantling...

Nevermind...I'm bored already... :yikes:

Actually, I'm pretty sure he didn't come out of retirement because he came out on top.

Something not many big time players can say.

I thought you vowed never to come back here again after the Giants won the Superbowl?

You actually thought he would stick to his word?

I love it!!

We all have a SB Championship to be proud of, and all eggy and his fellow cowgirl fans have is why someone picked the the girls to win it all! LMAO!!

eggy: "Hey, look at me! Im a proud cowboy fan!! We are the predicted SB CHAMPS!!!"

normal person: "Have you won one lately?"

eggy: " No, why? We are PREDICTED to win it all. Every yr we are, so that must mean we are something special!!!"

normal person: :rolleyes:

He's a analyst now so he has to pick who he feels is the best in the NFC. The Giants are still the SB champions and the Boys still need to win before they can get smug. Hell how many years have the Cardinals or Bengals supposed to have turn the corner? Shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up faster. All us Giants fans wishes just came true so trash talk all you want but it means nothing until you actually even win a playoff game.

I love it!!

We all have a SB Championship to be proud of, and all eggy and his fellow cowgirl fans have is why someone picked the the girls to win it all! LMAO!!

eggy: "Hey, look at me! Im a proud cowboy fan!! We are the predicted SB CHAMPS!!!"

normal person: "Have you won one lately?"

eggy: " No, why? We are PREDICTED to win it all. Every yr we are, so that must mean we are something special!!!"

normal person: :rolleyes:

Well, Strahan, an ex-Giant in the event you were wondering, could have very easily picked the Giants. Correct?

There will be no magic this year, Bigblue. The Giants will have to fall back on their talent pool. And that most likely means 8-8. You heard it here first...

Well, Strahan, an ex-Giant in the event you were wondering, could have very easily picked the Giants. Correct?

There will be no magic this year, Bigblue. The Giants will have to fall back on their talent pool. And that most likely means 8-8. You heard it here first...

Whatever makes you feel better.

The Giants have made the playoffs 3 years in a row with a "substandard" group

of players and they won the Superbowl last year. My question to you is this: Why should

I not expect the Giants to make the playoffs?

Whatever makes you feel better.

It doesn't really make me feel one way or the other. I just read it, yawned, and moved on.

Strahan went out on top last year. Hat's off (this is a figure of speech, Bigblue. I am not wearing a hat).

Strahan knew he could not go out on top this year.

Hats off again.

Question for the "best team" fans.

If a team fails to win when it matters, and another team plays well enough to enter the postseason, and then wins when it DOES matter, wouldnt the latter team be considered the BEST team, seeing as thats the ultimate goal in football? :huh: I mean, seriously, all this, the actual "best team" stuff is getting ridiculous. The BEST team is the one that gets to the ultimate prize. Not one that looks so flashy when it dont count, then choke when it does.

It doesn't really make me feel one way or the other. I just read it, yawned, and moved on.

Strahan went out on top last year. Hat's off (this is a figure of speech, Bigblue. I am not wearing a hat).

Hats off again.

I'm pretty sure Strahan felt there was no chance the Giants could win the Superbowl last year.

Hell, I believe he even said it during the version of "America's Game" he did for NFL Network.

What's up with Roy Williams number change? Will the 8 on his side make him aerodynamically

faster and be able to cover Kevin Boss?

I'm pretty sure Strahan felt there was no chance the Giants could win the Superbowl last year.

Hell, I believe he even said it during the version of "America's Game" he did for NFL Network.

What's up with Roy Williams number change? Will the 8 on his side make him aerodynamically

faster and be able to cover Kevin Boss?

HA HA HA...I wish. They should not have publicized the number change so much. Maybe they could have hidden him for a series or two yesterday...

Hats off again.

Oh, man, thanks egg. I was just thinking to myself..."NO! Keep your hat on!!"

:rolleyes:

Question for the "best team" fans.

If a team fails to win when it matters, and another team plays well enough to enter the postseason, and then wins when it DOES matter, wouldnt the latter team be considered the BEST team, seeing as thats the ultimate goal in football? :huh: I mean, seriously, all this, the actual "best team" stuff is getting ridiculous. The BEST team is the one that gets to the ultimate prize. Not one that looks so flashy when it dont count, then choke when it does.

the beauty of the nfl and the ncaa tournament is that the best team does not necessarily win it all every year...the dog thinks that is what makes the NFL better then any other professional sport...you can squeeze into or back into the playoffs, and so long as you pull it all together, you can make a legitimate run...

the beauty of the nfl and the ncaa tournament is that the best team does not necessarily win it all every year...the dog thinks that is what makes the NFL better then any other professional sport...you can squeeze into or back into the playoffs, and so long as you pull it all together, you can make a legitimate run...

Thats why I love the sport as well. But if these teams really are the BEST, then they would put those talents to use and win what they set out for. People can say all they want, that there are more "talented" teams out there. I'd rather have SB rings than the most "talented'" squads out there.

it's this kind of wisdom that makes us hang on your every word, poopie.

it's this kind of wisdom that makes us hang on your every word, poopie.

the dog can only guess that you are being a tad sarcastic...and yet, what the dog finds fascinating is that you continue to read the dog's posts and commenting...you must be quite taken with the dog. it happens. again and again.

the dog can only guess that you are being a tad sarcastic...and yet, what the dog finds fascinating is that you continue to read the dog's posts and commenting...you must be quite taken with the dog. it happens. again and again.

The Blue could say the same about the dog. :rolleyes:

Thats why I love the sport as well. But if these teams really are the BEST, then they would put those talents to use and win what they set out for. People can say all they want, that there are more "talented" teams out there. I'd rather have SB rings than the most "talented'" squads out there.

ummm, if it were that easy, then the dog would suggest that there would be no reason to play games...

yes, i'm smitten with you- wanna hang out and eat oreos?

ummm, if it were that easy, then the dog would suggest that there would be no reason to play games...

Nobody said it was easy. But if you are truly the best, then you would win the ultiamte prize. I think the problem here, is that everyone is trying to determine who the best team is, and you cant do that until the season is over and a champ is crowned.