SportsWrath

STRAHAN DID NOT COME OUT OF RETIREMENT BECAUSE

BadEgg

His retirement was leaked. It was never Tiki's intention to have his retirement plans slip prior to the end of the season.

Seriously, NY media is the fucking circus. Tiki was and is an alltime great Giant, and should be recognized as such. I'm not surprised that you still don't get it.

Leaked? If he didn't want it leaked, he would've kept his trap shut. The Giants made him what he is.. not the other way around... and trust that "unnamed person" inside that locker room vanished when he retired. Respect is a two way street and he didn't respect us or the organization.

Unless your an ex-Cowboy. It makes me sick that guys like Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith are paid

to spew their bullshit. I was watching something Sunday morning on Outside the Lines on ESPN and they

had a writer on who wrote the book "Boys will be Boys" (Jeff Pearlman is the writer, he also wrote "The Bad

Guys Won about the '86 Mets) and he and Emmitt had different opinions on the Cowboys dynasty of the early

90's. At the end of the segment Emmitt says in a sarcastic tone "I hope you keep selling books."

Seriously Emmitt, go fuck yourself. You were lucky to be behind that offense line that opened up holes

bigger than Saddam Houssein's ditch and you were lucky that Barry Sanders retired or else you'd never

even come close to being the all time leading rusher in NFL History. Oh and your "expert" analysis blows, it

consists of "Cowboys are the best, your team sucks" and incoherent babbling follows.

God, I don't know how many times I've said that exact paragraph. Totally agreed golfin. ;)

You noticed how the unnamed source quotes became quite rare last year.

You are making 2 assumptions here. The first is that "unnamed sources" giving quotes all of a sudden vanished, and the 2nd is that Tiki was an unnamed source for any or all of some quotes that you probably can't even quote and don't know why they would be a negative to the team. Both assumptions are foolhardy. Even if those unnamed sources stopped, Tiki wasn't the only player to leave the team after the 2006 season. There is quite a bit of turnover. I never saw a time that Tiki was afraid to be quoted.

Leaked? If he didn't want it leaked, he would've kept his trap shut. The Giants made him what he is.. not the other way around... and trust that "unnamed person" inside that locker room vanished when he retired. Respect is a two way street and he didn't respect us or the organization.

That's a pretty asinine statement, but I expect nothing less. Perhaps the person who leaked his retirement plans was your unnamed source. Perhaps not. Either way, it wasn't that big of a deal anyway. Something like that has no bearing on what takes place on the field on Sundays. I think it's reasonable to expect that you might entrust information like that to people in the organization so that they know as soon as possible how to move forward, being that Tiki was an integral part of the team. You really think Coughlin and/or Accorsi/Mara/Tisch didn't know Tiki was going to retire before it came out n the media?

Tiki has great respect for the Giants. I think it's pretty evident in that he showed that by the effort he put into his game every weekend. The guy worked his tail off and got the most out of his talents, and did so many times playing through injury. Without Tiki we would've had much higher draft picks for 2006 and 2007, I can tell you that. The Giants made Tiki? You can lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink. You also can't make a player like Tiki was. The talent has to be there, coupled with the work ethic, coupled with mental toughness and commitment. I think Tiki absorbed some great coaching, and he used that to maximize his ability, to his credit. That is a much fairer and truer statement than "The Giants made him what he is..." You needed to make him a pariah to make you feel better about his retiring when he was still at the top of his game. Pretty sad.

Can you imagine what the media would've said if Strahan picked the Giants to win the Super Bowl again? He IS the media and it's his job to stay impartial. Sorry.

What would the media say? Would they gag him? Would they kick him off the set?

Yes, he has to be impartial. But they also want him to be honest.

It's difficult, I know. :( Especially after he was pumping the Superbowl trophy before they beat the Skins.

But not even Michael Strahan believes in the Giants right now. :unsure:

What would the media say? Would they gag him? Would they kick him off the set?

Yes, he has to be impartial. But they also want him to be honest.

It's difficult, I know. :( Especially after he was pumping the Superbowl trophy before they beat the Skins.

But not even Michael Strahan believes in the Giants right now. :unsure:

Right, and Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin are/were both honest. Give me a break.

How Emmitt got into television I have no idea. He makes Keyshawn Johnson look like

a fucking sage out there.

Right, and Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin are/were both honest. Give me a break.

How Emmitt got into television I have no idea. He makes Keyshawn Johnson look like

Yeah Smith might have been a good RB but god dam he's one of the dumbest fucking sports casters I've ever seen. How he was able to grasp an NFL playbook is beyond reasoning...maybe they just told him to go out there and run.

Yeah Smith might have been a good RB but god dam he's one of the dumbest fucking sports casters I've ever seen. How he was able to grasp an NFL playbook is beyond reasoning...maybe they just told him to go out there and run.

Dumb and overrated. ;)

HE KNOWS...

Strahan: Cowboys look Super

Posted: Monday September 08, 2008 05:03AM ET

What a traitor! Legendary New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan picked the archrival Dallas Cowboys Sunday to win the Super Bowl this season. Strahan, 36, retired in June after winning his first Super Bowl ring after 15 years with the Giants. On his first day as a television commentator, Strahan was asked who he thought would win the championship. " Dallas Cowboys, right now, the best team in the league. So I have to go with the Dallas Cowboys."

New York Daily News

Was that quote before or after the dismantling...

Nevermind...I'm bored already... :yikes:

Good to have you back. We all missed you.

Michael Irvine too.. horrific.

He's definately slipped. Check out posts #3 and #22 in the giving eli a pass thread.

Who are you again???? I forget.........

11 post's, joined in march of 08

Eggy was gone on Hiatus before the end of Febuary

but he was true to form hmmmmmm how would you know what his form was?

Who are you again???? I forget.........

11 post's, joined in march of 08

Eggy was gone on Hiatus before the end of Febuary

but he was true to form hmmmmmm how would you know what his form was?

he's talking about shitdog, lug. and aren't sectional mods supposed to be nice to new members?

Giants response to Strahan's pick

Strahan's pick gets Giants attention

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Even in retirement, Michael Strahan is motivating the New York Giants.

The gap-toothed, seven-time Pro Bowler raised eyebrows in his former locker room Monday for his prediction the Dallas Cowboys would end the Giants' reign as Super Bowl champions.

It marks the second straight year a former Giants star moved from retirement to a nationally televised football show and took a shot at the team. Last year, Giants all-time leading rusher Tiki Barber created a bigger stir when he characterized quarterback Eli Manning's attempts to become a team leader as "comical."

Strahan got noticed by picking the Giants to win the NFC East during the Fox Sports pregame show Sunday, and then choosing the Cowboys to win it all.

"I have to be realistic and I have to be objective here," Strahan said in justifying his pick. "The Dallas Cowboys are the best team in the league."

Teammates smiled a lot when asked for comment on the prediction.

"I haven't talked to him, but as soon as I do I am going to give him some grief," said receiver and longtime Strahan teammate Amani Toomer after the Giants finished a brief workout Monday. "One year, it's Tiki. The next year, it's Strahan. I don't know. We'll see."

Justin Tuck, who replaced Strahan at left end, said he suspects Strahan was trying to motivate his former teammates, who are considered a long shot to repeat.

"Do I really think he thinks that Dallas is going to win the Super Bowl?" Tuck asked. "No, and even if he did think that, if he really thought it, I don't think he would say it on national TV. He is a Giant at heart and he hates the Cowboys just as much as anybody else in this locker room, so for him to say that I think it has some underlying motives."

The key pieces missing this year are Strahan and Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora, who was lost in the preseason with a knee injury.

Middle linebacker Antonio Pierce said No. 92 was just being entertaining as the new analyst on the pregame show.

"That's why they hired him, to do things that are outrageous and out of the norm," Pierce said. "Mike did a good job. Hey, if I was an analyst, I would have picked the Cowboys, too."

Still, Pierce acknowledged sending Strahan a text message or two over his prediction.

Plaxico Burress, who caught the winning touchdown that allowed Strahan to end his 15-year career with a Super Bowl ring, said he would not have expected anything less from him.

"He kind of has that about him; he says things that kind of get you fired up a little bit," said Burress, who had 10 catches in the Giants' season-opening 16-7 win over the Washington Redskins on Thursday. "But he knows as well as we know that he is a New York Giant forever. Everybody has a job to do. If he feels that way, I don't have a problem with it."

Quarterback Eli Manning had a hard time not grinning as he spoke about Strahan.

"He is media now, so you know what happens, you go to the dark side," Manning said.

David Tyree, whose remarkable catch on the final drive also helped Strahan earn his "10-table ring," said Strahan didn't rip a teammate like Barber did.

"You have to be careful, you don't want to lose the city like Tiki," Tyree said.

Offensive tackle David Diehl said Strahan has a right to his opinion.

"He is loyal," Diehl said. "He is a New York Giant for the rest of his life, but he has to say what he thinks. You can't cut him for what he thinks. It doesn't affect us. It doesn't affect anything we're trying to do."

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Giants response to Strahan's pick

Strahan's pick gets Giants attention

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Even in retirement, Michael Strahan is motivating the New York Giants.

The gap-toothed, seven-time Pro Bowler raised eyebrows in his former locker room Monday for his prediction the Dallas Cowboys would end the Giants' reign as Super Bowl champions.

It marks the second straight year a former Giants star moved from retirement to a nationally televised football show and took a shot at the team. Last year, Giants all-time leading rusher Tiki Barber created a bigger stir when he characterized quarterback Eli Manning's attempts to become a team leader as "comical."

Strahan got noticed by picking the Giants to win the NFC East during the Fox Sports pregame show Sunday, and then choosing the Cowboys to win it all.

"I have to be realistic and I have to be objective here," Strahan said in justifying his pick. "The Dallas Cowboys are the best team in the league."

Teammates smiled a lot when asked for comment on the prediction.

"I haven't talked to him, but as soon as I do I am going to give him some grief," said receiver and longtime Strahan teammate Amani Toomer after the Giants finished a brief workout Monday. "One year, it's Tiki. The next year, it's Strahan. I don't know. We'll see."

Justin Tuck, who replaced Strahan at left end, said he suspects Strahan was trying to motivate his former teammates, who are considered a long shot to repeat.

"Do I really think he thinks that Dallas is going to win the Super Bowl?" Tuck asked. "No, and even if he did think that, if he really thought it, I don't think he would say it on national TV. He is a Giant at heart and he hates the Cowboys just as much as anybody else in this locker room, so for him to say that I think it has some underlying motives."

The key pieces missing this year are Strahan and Pro Bowl defensive end Osi Umenyiora, who was lost in the preseason with a knee injury.

Middle linebacker Antonio Pierce said No. 92 was just being entertaining as the new analyst on the pregame show.

"That's why they hired him, to do things that are outrageous and out of the norm," Pierce said. "Mike did a good job. Hey, if I was an analyst, I would have picked the Cowboys, too."

Still, Pierce acknowledged sending Strahan a text message or two over his prediction.

Plaxico Burress, who caught the winning touchdown that allowed Strahan to end his 15-year career with a Super Bowl ring, said he would not have expected anything less from him.

"He kind of has that about him; he says things that kind of get you fired up a little bit," said Burress, who had 10 catches in the Giants' season-opening 16-7 win over the Washington Redskins on Thursday. "But he knows as well as we know that he is a New York Giant forever. Everybody has a job to do. If he feels that way, I don't have a problem with it."

Quarterback Eli Manning had a hard time not grinning as he spoke about Strahan.

"He is media now, so you know what happens, you go to the dark side," Manning said.

David Tyree, whose remarkable catch on the final drive also helped Strahan earn his "10-table ring," said Strahan didn't rip a teammate like Barber did.

"You have to be careful, you don't want to lose the city like Tiki," Tyree said.

Offensive tackle David Diehl said Strahan has a right to his opinion.

"He is loyal," Diehl said. "He is a New York Giant for the rest of his life, but he has to say what he thinks. You can't cut him for what he thinks. It doesn't affect us. It doesn't affect anything we're trying to do."

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Diehl has got in right. Strahan may be a Giant fan at heart -- there is nothing wrong with that -- but he has to say what he thinks.

And, in the end, he will be vindicated. Print it in three inch headlines...

Diehl has got in right. Strahan may be a Giant fan at heart -- there is nothing wrong with that -- but he has to say what he thinks.

He already was, the $15mill Alimony decision was reversed in his favor

Why do I have the feeling of a De Ja Vu right now??

:rolleyes: