SportsWrath

STRAHAN DID NOT COME OUT OF RETIREMENT BECAUSE

BadEgg

I was indeed talking about Italian HotDog. I've been strictly lurking for quite a while. I like to mostly read and only post occasionally. Being here for the limited time I have and seeing multiple posts from Mr Hotdog, it's quite easy to pick up on his schtick.

I started lurking here after another poster (martin I believe) recommended this one on another Giants board that was getting shut down. I heard about that site from a poster on NYYfans who posted it in the Giants Thread on that site. My user name on NYYfans is LongLiveBernie51! if any of you are members on that site as well.

I've been enjoying the board and the quality posts by the informative posters that frequent this site.

once again the dog is extremely flattered that someone would take the time to join and monitor the dog's actions. you are already an intriguing fellow for sure...

once again the dog is extremely flattered that someone would take the time to join and monitor the dog's actions. you are already an intriguing fellow for sure...

Dont flatter yourself dog, he says it right there in his post, that you cant help but notice your "schtick"

You're like stubborn little kid who has to get the last word in, shut the hell up already. He notices you like everyone else does, we cant help it, you're on here and we have no choice but to read your schtick.

the dog thinks you have a choice...and your temper is escalating quickly...please try and relax, it is a long season afterall...

Jeez...

1. When did Tiki say anything negative about the fans?

2. The only ppl Tiki criticized in the New York Giants organization were Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning. The comments he made about Coughlin were 100% true at the time (Some of us were saying much worse, myself included). The comments about Manning were, as previously posted, ONLY about the first time he took over as the team leader. Other than that he's had nothing but positive remarks.

Bottom line is that ppl need to grow up... especially those who can't let events that happened during the 2006 season rest. Don't like him as a person? Fine, but don't sit there and act like Tiki didn't leave every ounce of himself out there on the field every time he stepped on it.

DISCLAIMER: This entire post isn't directed at you Nas.

I only speak for myself... he being a team player should've kept his mouth shut. He was part of the problem.. as he should've been part of the solution. Saying your coach was "out-coached" for the world to hear was rather pathetic and self serving.... To say he he left every ounce of his body on the field.. well he got paid rather handsomely.. I'm sure each and every one of us would do the same.. no cookies for doing you're supposed to do.

On the field he was remarkable... on the microphone, he needed to keep his trap shut and be a team player.. he didn't.. and I don't buy that his retirement was "leaked"... it leaked out of his mouth first and foremost.. that's how I see it.

Having said that.. I don't "hate" Tiki... as a fan I was disappointed in him.. I'll leave it at that.

I only speak for myself... he being a team player should've kept his mouth shut. He was part of the problem.. as he should've been part of the solution. Saying your coach was "out-coached" for the world to hear was rather pathetic and self serving.... To say he he left every ounce of his body on the field.. well he got paid rather handsomely.. I'm sure each and every one of us would do the same.. no cookies for doing you're supposed to do.

On the field he was remarkable... on the microphone, he needed to keep his trap shut and be a team player.. he didn't.. and I don't buy that his retirement was "leaked"... it leaked out of his mouth first and foremost.. that's how I see it.

Having said that.. I don't "hate" Tiki... as a fan I was disappointed in him.. I'll leave it at that.

I believe that was Shockey.

I cannot take anymore of this devotion to Tiki Barber and revisionist history. Was he a great player? Yes. Was he a great Giant? Debateable. Was he a complete self serving player. No doubt and here is why.

When Coughlin got here Tiki was already entrenched in his post football career aspirations. He had hosted radio shows on WFAN and 1050 and he was a REGULAR weekly host on the YES networks This week in football. His TWIB duties requied him DURING THE SEASON to travel to Connecticut once a week for taping and show preparation. Now was there anything wrong with this? Probably not. but lets not forget this was 2002 and 2003, when Tiki was fumbling and not mentioned in the same context as the great backs in the league.

Now Coughlin gets there in 2004. He teaches Tiki(along with RB coach Jerald Ingram) a new ball carrying technique and to Tiki's credit he learned it and mastered it and became a RB who was mentioned among the league's best. Another thing that Coughlin did(along with the front offices blessing) was put the kibash on Tiki and his media obligations during the season. That meant, no more WFAN shows, no more 1050 stuff and no more TWIF, which the front office, particularly Coughlin felt took away from the tasks at hand in season. I cannot say I blame coach Coughlin for this as he wanted his players to focus on the team, instead of going on TV and talking about the team and commenting on the rest of the league. IF the results are what one looks at, they were right, if Tiki was more focused he certainly showed it on the field with his results.

Tiki privately hated that Coughlin put this lid on his moonlighting as a media member gig. No doubt he played his ass off every game, but he was bitter and he took every chance he could to kill Coughlin to his media "friends". From the comments after the Carolina loss in 05 to the Monday nighter in JAX in 06 he did all he could to rip the man at every corner. Some may dispute that he was the unamned player, I am not one and will guarantee it was him. Notice that nonsense left in 2007. No coinicidence IMO. Gary Myers was constantly quoting unnamed sources inb his NY Daily News colums. What type of relationship did Tiki and Myers have? They were collegues as hosts on This week in football? Amazingly Myers had no more unnamed quotes in 07, coincidence? Not likely.

As for Tiki's other acts. Remember him calling out Strahan in 2002 over his contract? This was a topic that had nothing to do with Tiki Barber, but see Barber was about himself and in his mind every issue was about him. Rumors are that Strahan to this day never forgave or forgot what Tiki did to him in the summer of 2002.

Some say Tiki was rooting for the Giants in 2007? I listened religously to that silly show he and Ronde did on Sirius and when it came to the Giants it was Tiki's good cop to Rondes bad cop when it came to the Giants. Ronde was the mouthpiece saying things like "these losers in NY boo you now" and Tiki playing the role of it does not matter, which anyone that knows Tiki over his years here knows damn well it bothered him. The week leading up to Tampa game Ronde talked all kinds of shit and Tiki played the good cop, all the while laughing as Ronde took constant jabs at ELI with his "he can be had" remarks. In the end Ronde was not only had, but had tire tracks on his back from being run over.

Tiki was a great player, but I can honestly say that his self serving ways would have hindered the team in 2007 and IMO this team would not be world champions if he were there last year.

Golfin' yes, I will try to remember. I've been criticized for this before and have made a forthright effort to use paragraphs, but sometimes I still don't think about it. Sorry.

I usually always read what you post, but can you please try to separate them. I'd really appreciate it.

I cannot take anymore of this devotion to Tiki Barber and revisionist history. Was he a great player? Yes. Was he a great Giant? Debateable. Was he a complete self serving player. No doubt and here is why.

When Coughlin got here Tiki was already entrenched in his post football career aspirations. He had hosted radio shows on WFAN and 1050 and he was a REGULAR weekly host on the YES networks This week in football. His TWIB duties requied him DURING THE SEASON to travel to Connecticut once a week for taping and show preparation. Now was there anything wrong with this? Probably not. but lets not forget this was 2002 and 2003, when Tiki was fumbling and not mentioned in the same context as the great backs in the league. True.

Now Coughlin gets there in 2004. He teaches Tiki(along with RB coach Jerald Ingram) a new ball carrying technique and to Tiki's credit he learned it and mastered it and became a RB who was mentioned among the league's best. Another thing that Coughlin did(along with the front offices blessing) was put the kibash on Tiki and his media obligations during the season. That meant, no more WFAN shows, no more 1050 stuff and no more TWIF, which the front office, particularly Coughlin felt took away from the tasks at hand in season. I cannot say I blame coach Coughlin for this as he wanted his players to focus on the team, instead of going on TV and talking about the team and commenting on the rest of the league. IF the results are what one looks at, they were right, if Tiki was more focused he certainly showed it on the field with his results. A 3 year old could've told him to hold the ball closer to his body, and Tiki credited Coughlin with helping him become one of the top backs in the league during his final 3 seasons.

Tiki privately hated that Coughlin put this lid on his moonlighting as a media member gig. No doubt he played his ass off every game, but he was bitter and he took every chance he could to kill Coughlin to his media "friends". From the comments after the Carolina loss in 05 to the Monday nighter in JAX in 06 he did all he could to rip the man at every corner. Some may dispute that he was the unamned player, I am not one and will guarantee it was him. Notice that nonsense left in 2007. No coinicidence IMO. Gary Myers was constantly quoting unnamed sources inb his NY Daily News colums. What type of relationship did Tiki and Myers have? They were collegues as hosts on This week in football? Amazingly Myers had no more unnamed quotes in 07, coincidence? Not likely. Nothing that Tiki said was untrue, at the time. Was it needed when we were in the middle of a season? Hell no, but it's not like he's running around like a schoolgirl spreading rumors. We got outcoached in a lot of games before Coughlin changed his ways. Remember, Coughlin was the one that came out and said "We should be keeping issues in-house. Don't spread them to the media." after Tiki's comments about the Jags game (which, if you look at the stats, were valid)... then one week later Coughlin threw his QB under the bus after we blew a 21 point 4th qtr lead to the Titans... a game that when our running game was dominant, Coughlin and his (at that time) OC decided to go away from it and let the Titans come back.

As for Tiki's other acts. Remember him calling out Strahan in 2002 over his contract? This was a topic that had nothing to do with Tiki Barber, but see Barber was about himself and in his mind every issue was about him. Rumors are that Strahan to this day never forgave or forgot what Tiki did to him in the summer of 2002. So when do we start ripping Shaun O'Hara for doing the same thing to Burress?

Some say Tiki was rooting for the Giants in 2007? I listened religously to that silly show he and Ronde did on Sirius and when it came to the Giants it was Tiki's good cop to Rondes bad cop when it came to the Giants. Ronde was the mouthpiece saying things like "these losers in NY boo you now" and Tiki playing the role of it does not matter, which anyone that knows Tiki over his years here knows damn well it bothered him. The week leading up to Tampa game Ronde talked all kinds of shit and Tiki played the good cop, all the while laughing as Ronde took constant jabs at ELI with his "he can be had" remarks. In the end Ronde was not only had, but had tire tracks on his back from being run over. Can't comment on that... After I talked to Tiki on the show (before the Bears game in 06) I never had a chance to listen to it again.

Tiki was a great player, but I can honestly say that his self serving ways would have hindered the team in 2007 and IMO this team would not be world champions if he were there last year. Would we be World Champions if Tiki was a Giant in 07? No... but it wouldn't be because of any personality defects. Coughlin changed from General Tom into Coach Coughlin before the 07-08 season and IMO Tiki would've toned down and gone along with it. However, what would've done us in was the reliance on Tiki as the #1 option. W/O Tiki, Eli was truly able to become the leader of the offense and we finally gained the balance that was lacking when 137% of our offense was going through Barber. In 07 there was no 1 person that the defense could key in on to stop our offense. Had Barber been on the team in 07 it's a different story.

Bottom line... as I said before people need to let it go. It was 2 years ago for God's sake.

Something tells me that you don't like the amount of money athletes get paid. :ph34r:

As far as "Out coached" goes: It was out of line, but then why isn't it an issue when Coughlin threw Eli under the bus after the Titans game? He basically blamed the entire loss on 1 interception.

Couldn't care less how his retirement came out. He could've ran down the street in that terrible dragon costume screaming "I'M RETIRING AT THE END OF THE SEASON!!!!!" and it wouldn't phase me. IIRC we ALL knew that Tiki was going to retire soon. It had been going around for years prior to the 06 season.

When Coughlin got here Tiki was already entrenched in his post football career aspirations. He had hosted radio shows on WFAN and 1050 and he was a REGULAR weekly host on the YES networks This week in football. His TWIB duties requied him DURING THE SEASON to travel to Connecticut once a week for taping and show preparation. Now was there anything wrong with this? Probably not. but lets not forget this was 2002 and 2003, when Tiki was fumbling and not mentioned in the same context as the great backs in the league.

Now Coughlin gets there in 2004. He teaches Tiki(along with RB coach Jerald Ingram) a new ball carrying technique and to Tiki's credit he learned it and mastered it and became a RB who was mentioned among the league's best. Another thing that Coughlin did(along with the front offices blessing) was put the kibash on Tiki and his media obligations during the season. That meant, no more WFAN shows, no more 1050 stuff and no more TWIF, which the front office, particularly Coughlin felt took away from the tasks at hand in season. I cannot say I blame coach Coughlin for this as he wanted his players to focus on the team, instead of going on TV and talking about the team and commenting on the rest of the league. IF the results are what one looks at, they were right, if Tiki was more focused he certainly showed it on the field with his results.

Tiki privately hated that Coughlin put this lid on his moonlighting as a media member gig. No doubt he played his ass off every game, but he was bitter and he took every chance he could to kill Coughlin to his media "friends". From the comments after the Carolina loss in 05 to the Monday nighter in JAX in 06 he did all he could to rip the man at every corner. Some may dispute that he was the unamned player, I am not one and will guarantee it was him. Notice that nonsense left in 2007. No coinicidence IMO. Gary Myers was constantly quoting unnamed sources inb his NY Daily News colums. What type of relationship did Tiki and Myers have? They were collegues as hosts on This week in football? Amazingly Myers had no more unnamed quotes in 07, coincidence? Not likely.

As for Tiki's other acts. Remember him calling out Strahan in 2002 over his contract? This was a topic that had nothing to do with Tiki Barber, but see Barber was about himself and in his mind every issue was about him. Rumors are that Strahan to this day never forgave or forgot what Tiki did to him in the summer of 2002.

Some say Tiki was rooting for the Giants in 2007? I listened religously to that silly show he and Ronde did on Sirius and when it came to the Giants it was Tiki's good cop to Rondes bad cop when it came to the Giants. Ronde was the mouthpiece saying things like "these losers in NY boo you now" and Tiki playing the role of it does not matter, which anyone that knows Tiki over his years here knows damn well it bothered him. The week leading up to Tampa game Ronde talked all kinds of shit and Tiki played the good cop, all the while laughing as Ronde took constant jabs at ELI with his "he can be had" remarks. In the end Ronde was not only had, but had tire tracks on his back from being run over.

Tiki was a great player, but I can honestly say that his self serving ways would have hindered the team in 2007 and IMO this team would not be world champions if he were there last year.

Amen to that.

Something tells me that you don't like the amount of money athletes get paid. :ph34r:

As far as "Out coached" goes: It was out of line, but then why isn't it an issue when Coughlin threw Eli under the bus after the Titans game? He basically blamed the entire loss on 1 interception.

Couldn't care less how his retirement came out. He could've ran down the street in that terrible dragon costume screaming "I'M RETIRING AT THE END OF THE SEASON!!!!!" and it wouldn't phase me. IIRC we ALL knew that Tiki was going to retire soon. It had been going around for years prior to the 06 season.

This has nothing to do with money.. but to say the guy played his ass off.. of course he would.. stats.. lead to more moeny... name recognition.. etc. If I was running that football, do you think I wouldn't run as fast I as I possibly can? come one now.. this reminds of Chris Rock talking about "A brother will say.. I take care of my kids.. what do you want a cookie? Your'e supposed to take care of your kids. A brother will brag about how "I never been to jial".. nigga u not supposed to go to jail".. etc.

Besides, Tiki was only good in the latter years when Coughlin tought him how to hold the ball.. before that he was Tiki Fumblitus.

This has nothing to do with money.. but to say the guy played his ass off.. of course he would.. stats.. lead to more moeny... name recognition.. etc. If I was running that football, do you think I wouldn't run as fast I as I possibly can? come one now.. this reminds of Chris Rock talking about "A brother will say.. I take care of my kids.. what do you want a cookie? Your'e supposed to take care of your kids. A brother will brag about how "I never been to jial".. nigga u not supposed to go to jail".. etc.

Besides, Tiki was only good in the latter years when Coughlin tought him how to hold the ball.. before that he was Tiki Fumblitus.

As far as the money comment goes... you were ranting about money in this instance just like you did with Burress. That's why I made that comment. It seems like you don't like the amount of money athletes get paid. Another topic for another time.

As far as him playing his ass off, I said that because ppl don't know how to separate the man from the player. Hate what he said, but don't try to diminish how he played because of what he said.

As I said in response to 212542, Tiki has credited Coughlin for fixing his fumbling issue on multiple occasions, but anyone who had ever seen Tiki pre-2004 could've told him that he needed to hold the ball closer to his body.

Like I've said, and will continue to say, It was 2 years ago. This is a different Giants team. This is a different Tom Coughlin. Those who hold grudges over this need to let it go. We're supposed to be adults.