SportsWrath

Bring back Strahan thread #1

jranieli

Honestly I was completely confident in Tuck but with Osi out and Wynn lining up on the other side look for Tuck to be doubled. Our pass rush is going to suffer big time

Of course it is. Believe me, if those of us on a message board can figure that out, so can opposing offensive coordinators. Thank God Reese got Spags back. He'll figure a scheme out, just watch.

Good Lord.....you've been trolling the GMB, haven't you?

Ok this is the first thread I read today.. my friend just called me and said Osi is out for the season... I know he wasn't kidding. The first that came to mind was Bring Strahan back NOW!!!

Ernie isnt our GM anymore buddy...............Its Jerry and STrahan is under contract with FOX theres no WAY he is coming back we are fucked :cwy:

I was listening to the news tonight on the radio and those close to Strahan say he's really itching to play another year. He won't say "no", but it would take like 10 million to get him to suit up. Apparantly, he never stopped lifting weights and has had a real hard time staying away from the game as it's getting ready for the season.

As far as his contract with Fox goes, he can opt out and according to the news guy on the radio, he'd be able to pick up the same gig or even go for a bigger gig.

Anyway.......I'd say it's 50:50 that he'll return for one more season. With Osi out, it'd be nice. I imagine Kiwinuka will be getting a lot of prep time on the D-line until the team knows exactly what's it's going to do.

We almost had Jason Taylor in the Shockey deal now he is hurt as well but not a season ending deal, but Strahan could be an option maybe we strike a deal for Julius Peppers, he doesn't want to be in Carolina and is in a contract year maybe Spags brings some life back into Peppers career

I was listening to the news tonight on the radio and those close to Strahan say he's really itching to play another year. He won't say "no", but it would take like 10 million to get him to suit up. Apparantly, he never stopped lifting weights and has had a real hard time staying away from the game as it's getting ready for the season.

As far as his contract with Fox goes, he can opt out and according to the news guy on the radio, he'd be able to pick up the same gig or even go for a bigger gig.

Anyway.......I'd say it's 50:50 that he'll return for one more season. With Osi out, it'd be nice. I imagine Kiwinuka will be getting a lot of prep time on the D-line until the team knows exactly what's it's going to do.

Call me crazy but my gut feeling tells me Strahan can and will come back to play for us.. $10M? so be it.. he's worth every penny. He saw how much spotlight Favre got and I'm sure he deserves his...

I would love Strahan back but what's our cap situation like? We haven't even reached a deal with Plax yet.

Plax can wait. The fucker got 3 years remaining on his contract. Or if the FO office makes a deal with him, pay him less in the first year and more thereafter.. not that I agree, I think the fucktard should honor his existing contract or he can go fuck himself.

here's a clip from NFL Network about it:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80a3fd7e

Remember how bummed we all were when the Giants drafted Kiwanuka with a first round draft pick back in 2006? We were all saying, "WTF????", since we were loaded for bear in DE's with Strahan, Osi, and Tuck. I remember Accorsi (it was his last draft) saying, "there's no such thing as too many pass rushing DE's".

I guess he was right!

It is possible that he would come back despite what some think. The contract thing doesn't mean anything. Remember when Deion was going to make a comeback when he was an announcer? There are ways around the whole contract thing. So if he wants to come back he will be back.

Well he gets to miss pre-season and training camp with no fines so he should be happy to return. :P

Remember how bummed we all were when the Giants drafted Kiwanuka with a first round draft pick back in 2006? We were all saying, "WTF????", since we were loaded for bear in DE's with Strahan, Osi, and Tuck. I remember Accorsi (it was his last draft) saying, "there's no such thing as too many pass rushing DE's".

I guess he was right!

Smartest thing EA has ever said and the 10 table ring proves it. I've written this many times that shutdown corners are over rated and it all starts at the line; on both sides of the ball really.