SportsWrath

Osi taken off the field with a knee injury

BronxRik

It didn't look that bad though.

No, it didn't. Looked like he planted his foot, and his body turned but his foot didn't. At first they said 'helped off the field", and when it came back from commercial, he was on the cart.

I hate effing pre-season. We do not need Osi to get hurt. I really hope it is nothing serious. But if he can't put any weight on it right now, it's hard to believe he will be ready in less than 2 weeks to go against the Redskins. You never know with a knee, as gateb said. Just goes to show you how fragile success in the NFL really is. Our defense is not nearly as good without Osi.

I hate effing pre-season. We do not need Osi to get hurt. I really hope it is nothing serious. But if he can't put any weight on it right now, it's hard to believe he will be ready in less than 2 weeks to go against the Redskins. You never know with a knee, as gateb said. Just goes to show you how fragile success in the NFL really is. Our defense is not nearly as good without Osi.

I'm not criticizing Strahan for retiring at all...but man if Osi got hurt and had to miss a few games and we still had Strahan and Tuck, I wouldn't be all that upset. I hope he's good for the season opener.

And the Jets always play these bullshit games like its bigger than the SuperBowl. :brooding:

according to greg buttle it was :rolleyes:

here's something from ralph v.

There is likely to be no clear answer to what’s wrong with Osi Umenyiora’s knee until he has his MRI tomorrow. All we know for sure at the moment is that his left knee “locked up”.

And while I’ll caution you that no one has said anything more than that, here is a link that seems to indicate that a “locked up” knee could be the sign of a torn meniscus. And here is another link that suggests a torn meniscus can cause a knee to lock up if the tear is large enough.

If that is indeed the case – and again, absolutely no one has said that it is – a torn meniscus could result in only a 2-3 week absence. But if the tear is large enough and surgery is necessary, 6-8 weeks is more likely.

The signing of Wynn and the fact Tolfelson(sp) has shown he can play does bring the mind to abit of rest. In the end though I would HATE to see Osi out for the regular season.......any chance we could lure Strah back for acouple games?

I haven't seen much out of the 2nd and 3rd string defense. I'm worried about our defense without Osi.

I can answer the Strahan question for you. Absolutely not. The guy is not coming out of retirement at this point. And it would send the wrong message to the rest of the D-line and reserves if we did (try to lure him back). I think if Osi does miss time, and the Giants don't have confidence that Tollefson or Wynn can do the job effectively enough, they will move Kiwanuka back to end. We have much more quality depth at OLB than at DE. Either way, I'm through with panic mode. If we lose Osi, it's a huge loss, but not a loss we can't overcome thanks to Spags and the leadership on that defense. I know guys will step up, and Tuck, Robbins, and crew will play like men possessed.

I can answer the Strahan question for you. Absolutely not. The guy is not coming out of retirement at this point. And it would send the wrong message to the rest of the D-line and reserves if we did (try to lure him back). I think if Osi does miss time, and the Giants don't have confidence that Tollefson or Wynn can do the job effectively enough, they will move Kiwanuka back to end. We have much more quality depth at OLB than at DE. Either way, I'm through with panic mode. If we lose Osi, it's a huge loss, but not a loss we can't overcome thanks to Spags and the leadership on that defense. I know guys will step up, and Tuck, Robbins, and crew will play like men possessed.

Yeah, I think it says to the reserves, "we can get a future hall of famer that has helped get to two and win one superbowl. Shut the fuck up and go have a sammich while waiting your turn."

That's what I think it says.

And the Jets always play these bullshit games like its bigger than the SuperBowl. :brooding:

Yeah what the fuck is up with that FUCK that Herm too that Laying hats on people a few years ago still is kinda stuck in my craw. seems Herm left an impression with the NY BRETS before he left.

oh and I linked some jet hype Here if you wanna read it

Yeah Lug....I remember that bullshit fight the Jets started at a walk through scrimmage to prove how tough (really stupid) they were. When someone like Shockey was trying to be the voice of reason and logic during the skirmishes you know shit is fucked up. :lol:

Out for the year

Giants DE Osi Umenyiora suffered serious ligament damage last night against the Jets and will be forced to undergo surgery, which will probably knock him out for the entire season.

Much more on this to come.

2:23 p.m. UPDATE From what I gather, there was some talk about whether to do the short-term rehab or the surgery. In the end, they opted for surgery to make sure Umenyiora will be better off in the long run.

MG

fuck me :brooding: