SportsWrath

Giants cut J-LOAD

fringe

On Monday, the Giants released QB Jared Lorenzen, along with WR Todd Lowber, LS Nick Leeson, DT Brian Soi, and OL Jacob Hobbs.

-----------------------------------------

Someone told me Plax signed a new deal. can't find any news though- anyone?

Sorry to see him go.

Not me. He seemed like a nice enuff guy, and Im glad he was so down to be a Giant while holding a clipboard. But that guy was horrible IMO. Not alot to go by obviously, but I didnt see the benefit of having him other than for QB Sneaks for the 1st.

Ah well he had to wake up from that dream. He was a great gimmick while it lasted for short yardage. He sure did have a long windup for his throws when he finally made a decision with the ball.

Wright supplanted Lorezen as our 2ns string QB last year, so it's no surprise that Jared was deemed more expendable.

I think Wright outlasts Carr, as well.

Really? I guess if that happens Carr may as well retire. I doubt too many teams are going to be clamouring for a guy that lost his job to Wright. No disrespect to Wright but Carr should be able to beat him for the spot.

Really? I guess if that happens Carr may as well retire. I doubt too many teams are going to be clamouring for a guy that lost his job to Wright. No disrespect to Wright but Carr should be able to beat him for the spot.

Carr couldn't beat out Vinny Testaverde and undrafted rookie Matt Moore last year. He's a shell of his former self, and he was a lousy QB to begin with...

Carr couldn't beat out Vinny Testaverde and undrafted rookie Matt Moore last year. He's a shell of his former self, and he was a lousy QB to begin with...

IF carr doesnt make the team than its a battle between

Woodson and Wright for 2nd QB.

At this point Wright does not impress me at all and

Woodson has 0 experience.

Not a great senario behind Eli.

Excellent point but he did beat them in pre-season and was the backup. Carr should have done better but those two hardly did anything either. I think letting Carr ride pine for a year or two will do him a world of good. Help sort his shell shock out and I think he'd be a good backup. Actually getting sacked 262 times I am surprised he isn't retarded, or maybe that's his problem now.

On Monday, the Giants released QB Jared Lorenzen, along with WR Todd Lowber, LS Nick Leeson, DT Brian Soi, and OL Jacob Hobbs.

-----------------------------------------

Someone told me Plax signed a new deal. can't find any news though- anyone?

:(

Well also take into consideration, the line in front of him in Carolina faired slightly better. He was still getting hammered and simply went back to being a deer in the headlights.

I think he needs to spend two or three years holding a clipboard. Just don't see him as a starter from this point forward in his career.

He got the better deal out of it, was a pure gimmick on those 3&1 QB sneaks and nothing else. Got paid to stand around and look at a clip board and he got a ring out of it. Really brought nothing to the team and I would rather have Carr for the experiance and Woodson to develop as trade bait.