SportsWrath

Strahan gainfully employed

Lubeck

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/foot....fox/index.html

Strahan to join Fox's NFL studio show

By Richard Deitsch

SI.com has learned that Michael Strahan, the garrulous just-retired Giants defensive end, has been signed by Fox Sports as an NFL studio analyst. A press conference is expected Tuesday in New York City to formally announce the hiring.

Strahan will join host Curt Menefee, and analysts Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long and Jimmy Johnson on the set of FOX NFL Sunday. He is the second high-profile Giant (Tiki Barber) in as many years to land a plum job on a network pregame show. Strahan's agent, Maury Gostfrand, told USA Today last week that his client is interested in calling games as well as studio work. As a long-term play, Strahan said he could see himself appearing in sitcoms or hosting a late-night talk show. He has a home in Hermosa Beach, Calif., which puts him close to Fox's Los Angeles studios.

Strahan, 36, played 15 seasons with the Giants -- he had three tackles, one sack and two quarterback hits in the Giants' 17-14 win in Super Bowl XLII last February -- and is franchise leader in games played (216) and career sacks (141 ½). He set the NFL single season sack record with 22 ½ sacks in 2001 and was named to the Pro Bowl seven times.

Good move, thats definently the pregame i watch now. ESPN has a ridiculous pregame, Emmitt Smith is barely speaking english at times, and Keyshawn just looks around like he said something wrong, Then theres boomer going whoop,whoop,whoop ,whoop. Tom Jackson and Ditka are o.k, But then theres Mort who's about has credible as a two year old. So bye bye ESPN.

I was hoping he'd replace Collinsworth and Aikman. Those two are easily the worst thing about watching the game on fox.

Collinsworth stinks. But as much as I hate to admit it, Aikmans pretty good.

Right on Stra, I wish you the best!

I just don't see Strahan calling games. Pre-game goofiness and 15 sec analysis, sure, but not play-by-play.

I'd think the most he could get is colour commentary. He should be good though on one those pre-game shows because he kind of is a funny/goofy guy. I wonder if he'll want to get braces now that he will be in front of the camera all the time.

Collinsworth stinks. But as much as I hate to admit it, Aikmans pretty good.

Right on Stra, I wish you the best!

Agreed, Collinsworth blows. I didn't like Aikman when he first started out, but I think he became a pretty good announcer.

Strahan should be a very good addition to the fox pregame show.

GREAt... now i don't have to hear those monkeys jumping on the wagon when Giants play cowgirls, eagles, and deadskins... those clowns pick every team that giants played in our superbowl run. and finally terry pick us in the superbowl... he was the only one allow to interview the Giants when we go the trophy...

Strahan will never get the gap taken care of. It is his trademark. As soon as you see that goofy smile you know who it is.

Aikmen will once or twice a game annoy me with his bias but 95% of the time he is a good commentator. He does highlight here and there some things that I might miss.

GREAt... now i don't have to hear those monkeys jumping on the wagon when Giants play cowgirls, eagles, and deadskins... those clowns pick every team that giants played in our superbowl run. and finally terry pick us in the superbowl... he was the only one allow to interview the Giants when we go the trophy...

That's actually FOX's broadcast plan. Terry interviews the winning team. He did so for both the NFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl. He's done it in previous years as well. It has absolutely nothing to do with the pre-game picks...

Aikman and Collinsworth don't bother me.

Joe Buck does.

...and he has to do Football and Baseball. It's obvious he hates any New York team.

The only thing that could have made the superbowl better if it wasn't on FOX.

I actually quite like Collinsworth as a colour commentator. He's got his moments of insight into the game, especially the receivers.

Collisnworth will forever be part of the Giants... Eli.. stays on his feet... :rolleyes:

Ooops.. I meant Joe Buck