This team looks like its going on a run

osi724dasack

we got a young winning QB

3 very good RB's that are all young

many WR's for years of use ahead

a young all pro TE...and a good backup in Boss

a nice young OL

the best DL in football

A good LB core with a shitload of young talent at that spot.

a gamer in Phillips

a future allpro FS in Terrell Thomas if spags and TC realize thats where he belongs at

and 3 young good CB's in Ross, Webster, and Dockery

While I'm not trying to rain on the parade here, and we do have a nice young talented team, there are still question marks.

Is playoff Eli for real?

Can BJ stay healthy, and can Bradshaw carry a significant load for an entire season?

Plax is the man, Smith is a solid if not very very good second option, but Toomer is old and nearing the end, Moss has proved nothing when given the chance and manningham is a 50/50 shot at doing anything. We need a for real WR to compliment Burress.

How is Shock gonna react this season?

The oline is BEAST, if we keep it intact.

The Dline is great, minus possibly a DT.

The LB corps is good, lots of young talent, but still questions marks there. Is Kiwi the next great hybrid? Is Wilk or someone else gonna step up?

The CB's look good is Web is for real.

The safety's seem solid for the future.

a nice young OL

the best DL in football

a gamer in Phillips

a future allpro FS in Terrell Thomas if spags and TC realize thats where he belongs at

Both PURELY Speculation. Dont get ahead of yourself now. Oooks that way, but we dont know.

I think we're in great shape and we're still sooooo young (of course, Toomer, Strahan, and Feagles are the exception). The defensive backfield was our biggest weakness and it got much improved since last season. To have the best defensive line in the NFL coupled with a significantly better backfield means we should have one hell of a good defensive team.....and I can't say it enough that defense wins football games!

The only areas where we could improve IMHO, is to get a legit LT and move Diehl back to guard and part time Tackle. Even though he did a stand up job for playing out of his normal position, he was second in the league for most sacks allowed from his side of the line. He may still improve, but it would be nice to have a legit LT to protect Eli just a little more. Thank heavens for Hedgecock being able to come over and give him a hand.

Also, I wonder how many more games Robbins has left in his legs. He's done a bang up job to say the least, but he's no spring chicken (31 yrs old) and keeps going up against all these younger, stronger, more athletic men looking to make a name for themselves.

Still....we have all the makings of a team that can make another superbowl run providing there are no serious injuries to key players. That just requires a little luck to avoid the injury bug.

While I'm not trying to rain on the parade here, and we do have a nice young talented team, there are still question marks.

Is playoff Eli for real?

Can BJ stay healthy, and can Bradshaw carry a significant load for an entire season?

Plax is the man, Smith is a solid if not very very good second option, but Toomer is old and nearing the end, Moss has proved nothing when given the chance and manningham is a 50/50 shot at doing anything. We need a for real WR to compliment Burress.

How is Shock gonna react this season?

The oline is BEAST, if we keep it intact.

The Dline is great, minus possibly a DT.

The LB corps is good, lots of young talent, but still questions marks there. Is Kiwi the next great hybrid? Is Wilk or someone else gonna step up?

The CB's look good is Web is for real.

The safety's seem solid for the future.

There are always questions marks and you pegged them all minus one big one. Money. We have so much talent but talent wants to be paid. How long you can keep the talent together and working as a happy family is what is going to be what limits this teams success.

a nice young OL

the best DL in football

a gamer in Phillips

Ok there's no doubt I'm optimistic about our team... but I'm optimistic every year.. even when someone named Dave Brown was our QB. Yes this team looks good but it's the same team that went 10-6 during the regular season. Granted the first 2 games should be tossed out because Spags had just started.

I think our biggest improvement last year came in the name of Steve Spagnollo (sp). I expect him to be even better in his 2nd year. Our D will definitely be better especially given our draft picks this year.

I expect the offense to be slightly better than last year. Plax got a taste of what it feels like to play like he's capabe of and you can bet Shockey is hungry to show the same.

I know winning hides a lot of flaws and while I expect this team to do better than the 10-6 of last year, let's not forget that we're in the NFC east where every game is a dog fight.

Again, I'm holding out to actually see Sinorice Moss get more than 5 snaps a game before I decide he's worthless. I think we are very good at the WR position with our top 3 backups being 3rd round picks or better.

Again, I'm holding out to actually see Sinorice Moss get more than 5 snaps a game before I decide he's worthless. I think we are very good at the WR position with our top 3 backups being 3rd round picks or better.

I'd like to see him go forward after catching a pass before calling him worthless.

For a football player he shy's away from contact alot. He must be a great golfer then.

Ok there's no doubt I'm optimistic about our team... but I'm optimistic every year.. even when someone named Dave Brown was our QB. Yes this team looks good but it's the same team that went 10-6 during the regular season. Granted the first 2 games should be tossed out because Spags had just started.

I think our biggest improvement last year came in the name of Steve Spagnollo (sp). I expect him to be even better in his 2nd year. Our D will definitely be better especially given our draft picks this year.

I expect the offense to be slightly better than last year. Plax got a taste of what it feels like to play like he's capabe of and you can bet Shockey is hungry to show the same.

I know winning hides a lot of flaws and while I expect this team to do better than the 10-6 of last year, let's not forget that we're in the NFC east where every game is a dog fight.

And Plax will be healthy. I cant wait to see what he does healthy after that performance he gave injured. ;)

There are always questions marks and you pegged them all minus one big one. Money. We have so much talent but talent wants to be paid. How long you can keep the talent together and working as a happy family is what is going to be what limits this teams success.

That's why I was thrilled when I heard what Osi said when announcing he wouldn't hold out. I knew whatever he would do would be a domino effect on others like Snee, Jacobs, Plax, etc.

He said something like "The Giants are a great organization and I know they'll do whatever it takes to take care of me."

The Patriots had that type of respect from 53 players for years and that's how they became so good.

I'd like to see him go forward after catching a pass before calling him worthless.

For a football player he shy's away from contact alot. He must be a great golfer then.

try being 5 8 a hundred and nothing and having coaches who don't utilize you like a burner. do you want him hurt? we need to actually use him like he should be used, before anyone here judges him.

try being 5 8 a hundred and nothing and having coaches who don't utilize you like a burner. do you want him hurt? we need to actually use him like he should be used, before anyone here judges him.

Wes Welker seemed to do just fine this year. I'd love for Sinorice to be a poor mans Welker.

Wes Welker seemed to do just fine this year. I'd love for Sinorice to be a poor mans Welker.

true, but even Wes Welker doesn't get hit, he falls on the ground...tell Sinorice to just fall on the ground instead of running away from contact trying to get more yards and we might be fine, heh...And Steve Smith reminds me more of that type of possession guy....

and still, i have yet to see us run the short slant on a consistent basis to anyone other than Toomer...

true, but even Wes Welker doesn't get hit, he falls on the ground...tell Sinorice to just fall on the ground instead of running away from contact trying to get more yards and we might be fine, heh...And Steve Smith reminds me more of that type of possession guy....

and still, i have yet to see us run the short slant on a consistent basis to anyone other than Toomer...

Wes Welker doesnt fall down alot, he gets some pretty decent YAC.

Wes Welker doesnt fall down alot, he gets some pretty decent YAC.

Yah, and then he falls down and people touch him. A lot like Marvin Harrison. I've seen both get countless 13 yard gains on 3rd and 10 on the slant and just take a seat.

I'd take Sinorice going straight down than actually going backwards.

Wes Welker is getting 8-9 yards a catch, not great overall but then he's getting all these receptions. He's a great flag mover. If the Pats won the Superbowl, he should easily have been MVP.

Sinorice Moss hasn't got the makeup to be an over the middle WR, that's Smith. This is why I'm saying that Sinorice Moss's best move this training camp would be to be in another one.

A trade did not hinder Santana, in fact it made him a pro bowler.

I don't think him going backwards on a couple of plays means he's afraid of contact. He knows he's very fast and by take 2 steps back to avoid getting tackled, he can more than make up for it. That's what I saw.

Also, I'd like to see what he can do returning kicks. He has the same body type the Jets' KR has.

I'm not ready to bash Moss just yet. I think he should get on the field and get in some kind of rhythm first. I'm still upset over Tyrone Wheately being in Fassel's dog house for so long.. a huge talent sitting on the sidelines because of some ego.

Wes Welker is getting 8-9 yards a catch, not great overall but then he's getting all these receptions. He's a great flag mover. If the Pats won the Superbowl, he should easily have been MVP.

Sinorice Moss hasn't got the makeup to be an over the middle WR, that's Smith. This is why I'm saying that Sinorice Moss's best move this training camp would be to be in another one.

A trade did not hinder Santana, in fact it made him a pro bowler.

yah, that would be smart...then he goes and excels for a team he will actually get playing time for...

I don't think him going backwards on a couple of plays means he's afraid of contact. He knows he's very fast and by take 2 steps back to avoid getting tackled, he can more than make up for it. That's what I saw.

Also, I'd like to see what he can do returning kicks. He has the same body type the Jets' KR has.

I'm not ready to bash Moss just yet. I think he should get on the field and get in some kind of rhythm first. I'm still upset over Tyrone Wheately being in Fassel's dog house for so long.. a huge talent sitting on the sidelines because of some ego.

I don't know, Tyrone had one 1000 yard rushing season...he was pretty much a big bust...I think his average ypc is 3.5 yards....

Yeah, I feel the same way. We drafted a guy named Amani Toomer who had the rep of being lazy, an airhead, and having great camps but crap seasons for his first three years under a coach named Dan Reeves. The Giants were patient, and Toomer only went on to become the greatest WR (statistically) in Giants history.

Don't give up on Moss just yet. He may become a good player for us. Some crazy people were even saying that Eli wouldn't ever win the Super Bowl... though I have no idea who those idiots were. :blush:

As for the rest of the team, if we can keep it together, there's no reason why we won't be competitive in the forseeable future. We just won the Super Bowl, and as pointed out, the better part of the roster is on the right side of 30. Reese seems to know what he's doing with both drafting and cap management, so as long as he continues to steer the ship, it should be good to be a Giants fan for a while. Who knows how many Super Bowl's we'll win, but we shouldn't suck, either. :)

I saw this thread and didn't want to be the one to be the pessimist, glad to see others were up for the cause. This team has the potential to go on a run of super bowl visits and so do half the other teams in the NFL.

If there is one thing I'm happy to finally start seeing it is the team finally playing up to expectations and putting a consistent effort up since Coughlin has taken over to win. This team has been in a funk for 20 years, following up their successes with utter failures.

It is the path that is now behind us that I hope will give this team the strength to meet the challenges before them. There is nothing harder in the NFL than repeating success and even those organizations that writers are now calling franchises of the decade struggle with it.