SportsWrath

This Draft

GorillaNJ

7 picks, only 2 on the offensive side of the ball :huh:

Was this defense not DOMINANT the end of last season? I understand keeping it up but the offense needed more help out of the two.

Phillips was a great pick, with the loss of Gebril there was a serious need for a young saftey, A+

Terrel Thomas- Big attack style corner, fills a need of depth especially if the Corey Webster we all knew shows up after his outstanding playoff appearance

Manningham - the latest in a line of "Deep threats" God I hope he catches better then Tim Carter.

Kehl - Ok, should be a good LB for a Morman

Goff - Another Linebacker? I know Mitchel left was this pick just so we can have an odd name?

Woodson - QB? of all the positions that need to be filled on this team the 3rd string QB would have be fine if left alone to the hefty lefty.

Henderson DE- ? Is Strahan leaving? is this insurance incase he decides to leave, otherwise WTF.

I do not know why one of those LB's or DE was not a O-lineman for some depth. The line came together and played great, and they should have another great year ahead of them but a couple of injuries and we are stuck looking for Whitfield at the retirement home..... AGAIN!

But what the fuck do I know, Reese knocked it out of the park last year in the draft.

Was this defense not DOMINANT the end of last season? I understand keeping it up but the offense needed more help out of the two.

Phillips was a great pick, with the loss of Gebril there was a serious need for a young saftey, A+

Terrel Thomas- Big attack style corner, fills a need of depth especially if the Corey Webster we all knew shows up after his outstanding playoff appearance

Manningham - the latest in a line of "Deep threats" God I hope he catches better then Tim Carter.

Goff - Another Linebacker? I know Mitchel left was this pick just so we can have an odd name?

Woodson - QB? of all the positions that need to be filled on this team the 3rd string QB would have be fine if left alone to the hefty lefty.

Henderson DE- ? Is Strahan leaving? is this insurance incase he decides to leave, otherwise WTF.

I do not know why one of those LB's or DE was not a O-lineman for some depth. The line came together and played great, and they should have another great year ahead of them but a couple of injuries and we are stuck looking for Whitfield at the retirement home..... AGAIN!

But what the fuck do I know, Reese knocked it out of the park last year in the draft.

No it wasent, the D-line was dominate. In case you didnt notice our secondary was swiss cheese without pressure.

Not to mention we lost two LBs which were replaced in the draft.

Good draft in my opinion.

This was definitely a strange draft. however, I'm really glad we addressed the defensive backfield because that was our biggest weakness IMHO.

I also agree and am still shaking my head over the last two picks. I think Woodson will be a great QB...but the big question is, "for what team"? My thinking is that they will groom him behind Eli and dangle him for trade bait to a team who really needs a QB....but who knows what they're thinking. And another DE??? With our new linebackers, who are very good, I see Kiwi working back into the frontline.

My thought was OT, DT, and OG....in that order.

But as we all know, the Giants will bring in a dozen or more undrafted free agents and usually one or two of them show that they have something on the ball....enough so to even make the team.

I give this draft a "B". If only based on the first 5 picks, I'd give the team an "A".

Making the rest of your post irrelevant :)

Heading into the draft where would you have directed most of the attention towards? From what I see we got three capable ST players, depth in the secondary and LB where it was once the weakest. A playmaking threat (we'll see how that goes) and a possible legit backup.

Actually I'm very happy with the draft. The no brainers were first and 2nd round.

The 3rd round pick is reminiscent of last year's Ahmad Bradshaw... at least that's what I'm hoping for.

For some reason I feel our 4th rounder will shine the most and will be a dominant force.

Yes Strahan is leaving... soon. So we might as well get ready.

What do you expect man? This draft was deep in defense, not so much in offense.

NO wide receivers were taken in the first round. The running backs, aside from Felix Jones and Rashard Mendenhall were all taken top like 15....the Stewart pick was a reach though...

Oline- we would have had like the 15th best offensive tackle in this draft. Guard isn't a position we really need aside from some depth. We have a decent center who IS getting old but typically, you don't draft a center in the first solely to be a backup...

QB-set

RB- set, IMO

TE- set as of now and looks like for the long term at least...unless we trade Shock for some players...

WR- Addressed....1 of our young guns is sure to step up, whether it be Moss, Smith, or Manningham.

BTW, our defense was terrible the first 4 games of the season.

And btw, the QB pick doesn't make any sense by any stretch of the imagination. We DID pick up David Carr, right?

Wright is definitely out. It is pretty much a given that Carr will be the backup and it will be a fight between the two former Kentucky Wildcats for the third spot.

And btw, the QB pick doesn't make any sense by any stretch of the imagination. We DID pick up David Carr, right?

I agree, unless they think Woodson is a developmental player who they can trade

in 3 or 4 years for a high draft pick...who knows?

Fred Robbins, Barry Cofield, Jay Alford, Justin Tuck (sometimes)....that's a great DT rotation...

Safety, cornerback and linebacker were definitely our top needs.

I would have liked for the Giants to draft another defensive tackle...one

that stuffs the run and Robbins isn't getting any younger.

I agree, unless they think Woodson is a developmental player who they can trade

in 3 or 4 years for a high draft pick...who knows?

I guess...Matt Shaub style...

is it gonna be a 3 way competition for 3rd string? Wright, Lorenzen, Woodson?

I would have liked for the Giants to draft another defensive tackle...one

that stuffs the run and Robbins isn't getting any younger.

I wanted DT Red Bryant and he was picked about 8 spots before us by Seattle. I would have loved to trade up for him. I am pretty satisfied right now without that huge DT. I think we can suffice with what we got.

many gm's believe you should draft a qb in every draft. i agree it's a wise strategy.

BTW, our defense was terrible the first 4 games of the season.

Our D-backfield has been our biggest weakness for years. The pass rush came alive late in the season and that pretty much covered that weakness.. but it's still there. Our D has been susciptable (sp) to big plays and we definitely need both draftees.

I like the positions we drafted. Hopefully these guys pan out.

Interesting we picked up a LB in FA, and two more in the draft. Looks like some bases are being covered.

As far as the QB is concerned, I doubt Wright stays (unless Carr stinks up the pre-season). It may be that Lorenzen isn't developing the way they need him to.

When you look at the depth charts on the Giants, the QB position may have had the worst depth. David Carr helps but even after he got here, you can't look at Jared Lorenzen and Anthony Wright as suitable 3rd quarterbacks. So it is not unreasonable to think we would have to address it. I like the pick.

My only question would be offensive line, I felt we could have addressed that some. When offensive line players get hurt, they don't recover as fast.

Overall I'm fine with the draft, we could have a sleeper at 3, 4th round kid has promise. I mean picking last in every round is tough.

Anyway, isn't it 4 years since we drafted a Qb, so it's about time.

At least we didn't draft a Brian Brohm in the draft round to send some strange message to our QB, now who would do tha.............

only the Packers would do that. They also drafted 2 qb's. What a message!

Honestly, I thought this was a great draft, though I echo the sentiments that we could have used an OL or two.

But look at how are team is going to be stacked up in these positions:

S - Gibril is gone, but we already have the quick plug-in guy via FA (Knight) and a rookie with TONS of potential.

CB - Ross looks like the real deal, but is Webster? If yes, then great... if not, we drafted a guy who should be very good if he can stay healthy. Madison can still play and is a great tutor, and R.W. and Dockery are serviceable fourth/fifth string guys.

WR - Go back and watch the Super Bowl... Steve Smith was HUGE in that game on third down. He looks like the real deal. We've still got Plax (one of the best in the game) and Toomer, but when Amani hangs it up, Smith looks like he can fill his shoes... but if not, Moss and Manningham can duel it out for the 2nd or 3rd reciever spot.

LB - We have two good young guys already (DeOssie and Wilkinson, who looked good filling in for Mitchell in limited duty last year), now we have another guy to compete at OLB and someone to back up Pierce who's bio reads better than Pierce's did coming out of college.

QB - We have the Super Bowl MVP. Wright and Carr will battle it out for "veteran backup" duty, and Lorenzen and Woodson can duel for "developmental guy with potential" spot.

DE - We already have a ton of good ones. I sorta don't get this pick, but whateva... Reese seems to know what he's doing.

So despite the lack of O-linemen, I don't think this was a bad draft at all. Depth is always a good thing, and it's not like we went out and took four running backs. I'm psyched for this upcoming season! :D

I cant complain about this draft. I though we did exceptional. Phillips no doubt plugs that saftey spot, and IMO can be an immediate playmaker for us. Terrell Thomas was a beauty of a pick, Webster is gonna have some good competition for that spot. Manningham, we had to pounce on him. So long as he stays focused, he should be a burner for us. Kehl is easily my favorite pick of day 2. That kid is athletic as all hell and will help the STs imediately, and I wouldn't doubt him seeing time at the WILL this season. Goff is another LB with promise, some say he is a huge steal for us. Woodsen, hell of an athletic QB, he'll be a solid #3 and great trade bait down the road. Henderson, dont know much about him except he is too small to play DT if they wanted to transform him.

only the Packers would do that. They also drafted 2 qb's. What a message!

I think what the Packers did was really fucked up. They drafted Rodgers 3 years ago to eventually take over from Favre. Every year he had to listen to shit about Favre possibly retiring only to have him return. The one game he actually played in (only a half), he played well in. The guy hasn't even been given a chance to play poorly and they draft Brohm. How about some veteran backup for the guy?. They haven't done a fucking thing in free agency to address backup for the kid, and there were guys out there to be taken. And now, every time Rodgers fucks up on the field, it's going to be "he's not Brett" (Favre fucked up a lot by the way). Green Bay is going to be calling to start another QB who's name seems like it's not spelled right.