SportsWrath

This Draft

GorillaNJ

What do you expect man? This draft was deep in defense, not so much in offense.

NO wide receivers were taken in the first round. The running backs, aside from Felix Jones and Rashard Mendenhall were all taken top like 15....the Stewart pick was a reach though...

Oline- we would have had like the 15th best offensive tackle in this draft. Guard isn't a position we really need aside from some depth. We have a decent center who IS getting old but typically, you don't draft a center in the first solely to be a backup...

QB-set

RB- set, IMO

TE- set as of now and looks like for the long term at least...unless we trade Shock for some players...

WR- Addressed....1 of our young guns is sure to step up, whether it be Moss, Smith, or Manningham.

BTW, our defense was terrible the first 4 games of the season.

Not to nitpick but you mean the first 3. Game 4 was the 2398732087614726 sack performance against the Eagles.

7 picks, only 2 on the offensive side of the ball :huh:

Was this defense not DOMINANT the end of last season? I understand keeping it up but the offense needed more help out of the two.

Phillips was a great pick, with the loss of Gebril there was a serious need for a young saftey, A+

Terrel Thomas- Big attack style corner, fills a need of depth especially if the Corey Webster we all knew shows up after his outstanding playoff appearance

Manningham - the latest in a line of "Deep threats" God I hope he catches better then Tim Carter.

Kehl - Ok, should be a good LB for a Morman

Goff - Another Linebacker? I know Mitchel left was this pick just so we can have an odd name?

Woodson - QB? of all the positions that need to be filled on this team the 3rd string QB would have be fine if left alone to the hefty lefty.

Henderson DE- ? Is Strahan leaving? is this insurance incase he decides to leave, otherwise WTF.

I do not know why one of those LB's or DE was not a O-lineman for some depth. The line came together and played great, and they should have another great year ahead of them but a couple of injuries and we are stuck looking for Whitfield at the retirement home..... AGAIN!

But what the fuck do I know, Reese knocked it out of the park last year in the draft.

I think alot of this draft was based upon the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl. Had Eli not connected for 2 TD's in that 4th quarter, I bet alot of people would have been screaming about offensive needs.

But I really think we covered the bases in this draft - a safety and corner to shore and 2 LBs to patch up free agent losses, an excellent WR prospect to succeed Toomer, and another very good colledge QB to develop.

My only gripe, which is small, is not getting an offensive lineman in the draft. The only concern I have for next year is about injuries, and the way I see it, the offensive line would take the biggest hit if someone goes down next season.

Not to nitpick but you mean the first 3. Game 4 was the 2398732087614726 sack performance against the Eagles.

yah, good call that's what i meant.

But even that game we played against a hobbled Mcnabb and without a pass rush, Mcnabb would have eaten up our secondary. Well, that and Mcnabb would have to get some receivers first, too.

I can't really fault the Packers for taking two QB's. Rodgers I believe was drafted by Sherman, not McCarthy so you have to wonder how much is Rodgers the kind of QB that McCarthy would like to have. BTW, anyone know the name of the third string QB on the Packers? How can you pass up the opportunity on taking a projected first round QB in the second when your starter is pretty much unproven. If the Packers picked up Culpepper, he'd probably be create a QB controversy after a few bad games by Rodgers.

Its the post Farve years in GB and to follow up Farve you have to be absolutely sold on your QB or turn into Miami. Hey if Rodgers does stick, trading Brohm to Miami or any number of teams out there looking for a QB in the next couple of years could pay in spades.

I think what the Packers did was really fucked up. They drafted Rodgers 3 years ago to eventually take over from Favre. Every year he had to listen to shit about Favre possibly retiring only to have him return. The one game he actually played in (only a half), he played well in. The guy hasn't even been given a chance to play poorly and they draft Brohm. How about some veteran backup for the guy?. They haven't done a fucking thing in free agency to address backup for the kid, and there were guys out there to be taken. And now, every time Rodgers fucks up on the field, it's going to be "he's not Brett" (Favre fucked up a lot by the way). Green Bay is going to be calling to start another QB who's name seems like it's not spelled right.

7 picks, only 2 on the offensive side of the ball :huh:

Was this defense not DOMINANT the end of last season? I understand keeping it up but the offense needed more help out of the two.

Phillips was a great pick, with the loss of Gebril there was a serious need for a young saftey, A+

Terrel Thomas- Big attack style corner, fills a need of depth especially if the Corey Webster we all knew shows up after his outstanding playoff appearance

Manningham - the latest in a line of "Deep threats" God I hope he catches better then Tim Carter.

Kehl - Ok, should be a good LB for a Morman

Goff - Another Linebacker? I know Mitchel left was this pick just so we can have an odd name?

Woodson - QB? of all the positions that need to be filled on this team the 3rd string QB would have be fine if left alone to the hefty lefty.

Henderson DE- ? Is Strahan leaving? is this insurance incase he decides to leave, otherwise WTF.

I do not know why one of those LB's or DE was not a O-lineman for some depth. The line came together and played great, and they should have another great year ahead of them but a couple of injuries and we are stuck looking for Whitfield at the retirement home..... AGAIN!

But what the fuck do I know, Reese knocked it out of the park last year in the draft.

We have good OL depth. Whimper, Ruegamer, and Booth are all players that performed well when pressed into action. Plus, we drafted Koets last year, so they obviously like him as well. You can only carry 8-9 OLs...

Maybe reese hopes Woodson shows his former 1st round abilties and trades him

That, or we have a long-term back-up in place. Carr is such a wild card and Lorenzen has not developed as we had hoped. Anthony Wright certainly doesn't inspire confidence either.

Whether he's a back-up or potential trade bait, he provides value in either case. Let's keep in mind that Woodson was a premier college QB that was once in the discussion of 1st round QBs.