SportsWrath

Lorenzen signs tender for another year.

boohyah

Boy it's a slow news time for the G-men, when this is the news.

Giants maintain their league high average QB weight.

I know, I know, they can cut him in the pre season, but you have to say to get $927K for wearing a headphone and filling out a size XXXXXXXXXXL jersey, it's a sweet deal. Plus beating out Anthony Wright could hardly be called competitiion.

A more interesting note at the bottom of the article is that Butler still hasn't signed his tender. Seeing as the guy just came off his first season as a starter and is considered the weak link in the secondary, you think he'd jump at it.

I know, I know, they can cut him in the pre season, but you have to say to get $927K for wearing a headphone and filling out a size XXXXXXXXXXL jersey, it's a sweet deal. Plus beating out Anthony Wright could hardly be called competitiion.

A more interesting note at the bottom of the article is that Butler still hasn't signed his tender. Seeing as the guy just came off his first season as a starter and is considered the weak link in the secondary, you think he'd jump at it.

I hope Butler gets lost on the Garden State Thruway on the way to his eventual signing. We save money, roster space and our lunches/dinners in not watching him running in quicksand as an aging WR runs right past him. <_<

I can easily make the argument that we have the best 3rd string QB in the league; hands down. :flex:

Not with the safety market being what it is. Big Punisher is a better option than most of the guys available. :/

not me, I hated when they did that.

putting in a fat qb just to run a sneak was a joke, and not a very good one.

yeh it's so true... when he go in there. the other team already figure out it's either a sneak or a short pass.. 90% saying it'll be a sneak if less than 2 yards on 4th down...

yeh it's so true... when he go in there. the other team already figure out it's either a sneak or a short pass.. 90% saying it'll be a sneak if less than 2 yards on 4th down...

That's beyond the point. The very fact that he can step back and sling it as well as anyone is enough. Besides what's this big fuss about us resigning our 3rd stringer? Can anyone here name the 3rd stringers on other teams?

I think Lorenzen is a decent backup...expecially as a third stringer. I'd love to see how he'd perform if given a full time starting job in the NFL - but certainly not at the expense of losing Eli. I think he'd surprise a lot of naysayers.

Also, I personally like Butler and think he's done a fairly decent job when called upon. He makes his mistakes, but everyone on the team has made mistakes as well. Besides, he's cheap, he's steady, he's made some big plays at times, and he knows the Giants system. And he's been playing through a pulled hammy most of the season. Of course, if we pick up a stud safety or two, he's probably going bye bye. Still, I think some of the negative press he gets on this board go a little overboard.

I think Lorenzen is a decent backup...expecially as a third stringer. I'd love to see how he'd perform if given a full time starting job in the NFL - but certainly not at the expense of losing Eli. I think he'd surprise a lot of naysayers.

Also, I personally like Butler and think he's done a fairly decent job when called upon. He makes his mistakes, but everyone on the team has made mistakes as well. Besides, he's cheap, he's steady, he's made some big plays at times, and he knows the Giants system. And he's been playing through a pulled hammy most of the season. Of course, if we pick up a stud safety or two, he's probably going bye bye. Still, I think some of the negative press he gets on this board go a little overboard.

IMO Butler stinks, he's too slow and cant cover. If we get someone good to permanently take Gibrils spot,and Webster and Ross continue to thrive, then he'd suffice, but I dont think he's very good at all.

IMO Butler stinks, he's too slow and cant cover. If we get someone good to permanently take Gibrils spot,and Webster and Ross continue to thrive, then he'd suffice, but I dont think he's very good at all.

Michael Johnson is waiting... The limited time he's seen, he shined.

Michael Johnson is waiting... The limited time he's seen, he shined.

I agree wholeheartedly Naz.....but we carry minimum of four, and sometimes five safeties during the season. Plus, Johnson plays the strong safety, while Butler plays the free, so they're not competing for the same position (although that could change if Spags thought it would work).

Right now we have two solid SS in (1) Sammy Knight, and (2)Johnson who I believe is getting ready to have a breakout season, and only two FS's in (3) seldom used undrafted pickup Craig Dahl, and (4) Butler.....plus unproven youngster Geoff Pope who has been limited to the practice team, but was called up late in season for backup. We'll probably draft a safety early in the draft, so that gives us the 4 or 5 we need.

I agree wholeheartedly Naz.....but we carry minimum of four, and sometimes five safeties during the season. Plus, Johnson plays the strng safety, while Butler plays the free.

Right now we have two solid SS in (1) Sammy Knight, and (2)Johnson who I believe is getting ready to have a breakout season, and only two FS's in (3) seldom used Craig Dahl, and (4) Butler.....plus unproven youngster Geoff Pope who has been limited to the practice team, but was called up late in season for backup. We'll probably draft a safety early in the draft, so that gives us the 4 or 5 we need.

Dahl was released Bleedin.

Ahhhh....someone should inform kffl, which is usually the most accurate and uptodate nfl site on the web, because they are still listing him on the roster.

My bad :(

Hey, I was wrong on the compensatory picks.

Unless Dahl was picked up again, he was released soon after the bowl. Just curious, do they still List Finn.

I agree wholeheartedly Naz.....but we carry minimum of four, and sometimes five safeties during the season. Plus, Johnson plays the strong safety, while Butler plays the free, so they're not competing for the same position (although that could change if Spags thought it would work).

Right now we have two solid SS in (1) Sammy Knight, and (2)Johnson who I believe is getting ready to have a breakout season, and only two FS's in (3) seldom used undrafted pickup Craig Dahl, and (4) Butler.....plus unproven youngster Geoff Pope who has been limited to the practice team, but was called up late in season for backup. We'll probably draft a safety early in the draft, so that gives us the 4 or 5 we need.

I thought Dahl was cut because he failed his physical or something. Can someone confirm this?

Never mind: I read the posts after. :brooding: (I liked Dahl too)

The 27-year-old Lorenzen completed 4 of his 8 passes last season for 28 yards. Those are his only regular-season passes in his three years in the league.

WOW....just, WOW. That's alot of money for a 50% passer rating. How come we don't see any Lorenzen party pics with a beer bong? This dude is sooooo laughing all the way to the bank. 3 years, 8 passes, 4 completions, 0 TD's.........$950k.........PRICELESS.

WOW....just, WOW. That's alot of money for a 50% passer rating. How come we don't see any Lorenzen party pics with a beer bong? This dude is sooooo laughing all the way to the bank. 3 years, 8 passes, 4 completions, 0 TD's.........$950k.........PRICELESS.

He has more yards on the ground than completions.

Seriously, if the Giants were to say tomorrow. "we've had enough of the fat QB experiment and we are going with common sense here and converting jared to back up full back or down lineman", then I'd say perhaps he's worth the money, but at QB!!!.

Think about it, he doesn't even hold the ball on field goals or extra points, they leave that to our 42 year old punter (who's good at it, but still).

Isn't that what every 3rd stringer in the league does?

Isn't that what every 3rd stringer in the league does?

Exactly!

They are only there for extreme emergencies....of which every team hopes doesn't happen to them, but in rare occassions it does. His cost is so minimal to the team that it's like the rest of us giving a kid a dollar. He's lucky to make that kind of money, but he does so because he could step up if he absolutely had to.