SportsWrath

Giants to talk to Carr

xxi-xxv

Link

Not so bad, a young guy that if need be could maybe win a game or 2. Beats JLoad and Anthony Wrong.

Carr is a beaten QB now. Texans wanted to build a franchise around him and then gave him an old Boselli and nothing else and the kid got pounded like no qb before. It's too bad because he never got the chance to develop properly.

He's still better than what we have.

His story is really sad. Poor guy could have at least been a decent QB but after the beating he took in Houston he is just too gun-shy to even be considered a NFL QB, even as a backup.

His career and life are totally fucked because an expansion team did not do enough to protect its QB. Think about it this is a human life that could be a good QB right now except for the fact that his offensive line gave him nothing, his receiver corp was bare of talent, and lacking a strong offensive line his run game was non-existent. I actually feel bad for the guy even though he has banked millions.

Oh and no way he should be a Giant.

His story is really sad. Poor guy could have at least been a decent QB but after the beating he took in Houston he is just too gun-shy to even be considered a NFL QB, even as a backup.

His career and life are totally fucked because an expansion team did not do enough to protect its QB. Think about it this is a human life that could be a good QB right now except for the fact that his offensive line gave him nothing, his receiver corp was bare of talent, and lacking a strong offensive line his run game was non-existent. I actually feel bad for the guy even though he has banked millions.

Somebody had to be that guy.

Somebody had to be that guy.

Because the franchise did not value an offensive line. No team gets anywhere without a strong offensive line. "Skill" positions are the glamor positions because they are the ones who generate visible results but no offense gets anywhere without a good line. You can't pass the ball if you are constantly scrambling. You can't run the ball if your back can't get out of the backfield. And if you can't do either your defense is on the field far too often.

An NFL team lives and dies by its offensive line. Every championship team going back as far as I can think had a strong if not dominant offensive line that was a key part of setting the tempo of the game. Fans and owners like Snyder get caught up in the "name" players who put up great numbers. But fans and owners like Snyder never bother to look past the amazing TD catch or amazing INT or whatever. They are totally caught up in that one part of a play that all of the key parts that made that INT or TD happen are ignored.

When people remember the Eli-David Tyree play they will think of those two guys. But who will think of the Olinemen who pushed and shoved and stayed in the play while Eli was seemingly sacked?

Because the franchise did not value an offensive line. No team gets anywhere without a strong offensive line. "Skill" positions are the glamor positions because they are the ones who generate visible results but no offense gets anywhere without a good line. You can't pass the ball if you are constantly scrambling. You can't run the ball if your back can't get out of the backfield. And if you can't do either your defense is on the field far too often.

An NFL team lives and dies by its offensive line. Every championship team going back as far as I can think had a strong if not dominant offensive line that was a key part of setting the tempo of the game. Fans and owners like Snyder get caught up in the "name" players who put up great numbers. But fans and owners like Snyder never bother to look past the amazing TD catch or amazing INT or whatever. They are totally caught up in that one part of a play that all of the key parts that made that INT or TD happen are ignored.

When people remember the Eli-David Tyree play they will think of those two guys. But who will think of the Olinemen who pushed and shoved and stayed in the play while Eli was seemingly sacked?

Well, I'm certainly losing in the word count category.

Oh and no way he should be a Giant.

I place my trust in our GM who did so well in last year's draft. I don't doubt that we really need a good back-up quarterback because injuries do happen often to qb's. :TU:

True dat, SBs are won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. If Carr can be had for a decent price then get him. I know most people think he is damaged goods but what are better options (Wright and Pillsbury Throw Boy aren't good options). At least Carr has a decent chance of winning a game or 2 if needed but those other 2 are liabilities.

Definitely an upgrade if the price is right (ie. low).

See what Green got in St Louis?! Amazing.

"ST. LOUIS –- The Rams have agreed to terms on a three-year contract with quarterback Trent Green to make a return to St. Louis.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the contract is valued at $8.9 million. The deal includes a $2.1 million signing bonus and $4 million in the first year of the contract."

That's alot of green for Green to sit on the bench. I suppose he needed to get all he could, seeing as he's one bad hit away from becoming a Squash.

That's alot of green for Green to sit on the bench. I suppose he needed to get all he could, seeing as he's one bad hit away from becoming a Squash.

Squashes point and chuckle at Trent Green when he passes them in the grocery store.

Which one of you guys has seen Carr play in the NFL behind a good line with a good offense like ours? None of you, because he never has. It's funny that you guys are poo pooing this guy who you readily admit has never had a chance, but think he wouldn't have a chance on our team. I think as a back-up, there is potential there for him to be the best back-up we've had since Hostetler. I welcome Carr to the team if we can sign him for a reasonable price. He's a good young talent. He should be healthy going in to next year. Everyone who thinks that he would've been good but now never willl is assuming that he's mentally destroyed and has lost his competitive edge and all confidence. There is no way anyone on this board can know that. And even if that is true, there is no reason that he can't regain it. He is much better than any other back-up we have, and I think if he comes to the Giants, he's a very nice insurance policy for Eli.

Which one of you guys has seen Carr play in the NFL behind a good line with a good offense like ours?

The same can be said for Lorenzen (sp). Carr is suffering from battle rattles and may never come out of it, so why even go there? Save the money for something else.

Which one of you guys has seen Carr play in the NFL behind a good line with a good offense like ours? None of you, because he never has. It's funny that you guys are poo pooing this guy who you readily admit has never had a chance, but think he wouldn't have a chance on our team. I think as a back-up, there is potential there for him to be the best back-up we've had since Hostetler. I welcome Carr to the team if we can sign him for a reasonable price. He's a good young talent. He should be healthy going in to next year. Everyone who thinks that he would've been good but now never willl is assuming that he's mentally destroyed and has lost his competitive edge and all confidence. There is no way anyone on this board can know that. And even if that is true, there is no reason that he can't regain it. He is much better than any other back-up we have, and I think if he comes to the Giants, he's a very nice insurance policy for Eli.

Carolina's oline is not that bad. They only gave up 5 more sacks than us.

And 13 of them were Carr who only started 4 games.

Carr hangs on to the ball far too long. If there's one thing I can't stand at QB it's that.

He was beaten up too badly as a rookie.

Will you guys get off of Lorenzens johnson already. He has done NOTHING except barely complete 50% of his passes in preseason against mediocre no-names who don't make rosters. And even when he completes a pass you know what he averages a pass? 4 yards or so. In his best showing this past preseason when he finally completed more than 50% of his passes his average was 3.3 yards a pass.

Carr might be as bad but stop thinking Lorenzen is a legit backup.