SportsWrath

Giants to talk to Carr

xxi-xxv

"ST. LOUIS –- The Rams have agreed to terms on a three-year contract with quarterback Trent Green to make a return to St. Louis.

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the contract is valued at $8.9 million. The deal includes a $2.1 million signing bonus and $4 million in the first year of the contract."

That's alot of green for Green to sit on the bench. I suppose he needed to get all he could, seeing as he's one bad hit away from becoming a Squash.

If it weren't for Rodney Harrison, Green would have been a Ram for life.

Will you guys get off of Lorenzens johnson already. He has done NOTHING except barely complete 50% of his passes in preseason against mediocre no-names who don't make rosters. And even when he completes a pass you know what he averages a pass? 4 yards or so. In his best showing this past preseason when he finally completed more than 50% of his passes his average was 3.3 yards a pass.

Carr might be as bad but stop thinking Lorenzen is a legit backup.

Couldnt agree more

Will you guys get off of Lorenzens johnson already. He has done NOTHING except barely complete 50% of his passes in preseason against mediocre no-names who don't make rosters. And even when he completes a pass you know what he averages a pass? 4 yards or so. In his best showing this past preseason when he finally completed more than 50% of his passes his average was 3.3 yards a pass.

Carr might be as bad but stop thinking Lorenzen is a legit backup.

Finally someone said it.

The thing about Lorenzen is not what he has or hasn't accomplished with his limited opportunities, it's his potential. He could very well become just as good as Eli someday when he gets the experience based on how they both fared in the same conference in college.

The thing about Lorenzen is not what he has or hasn't accomplished with his limited opportunities, it's his potential. He could very well become just as good as Eli someday when he gets the experience based on how they both fared in the same conference in college.

Potential? That is just a hope and a wish. The fact is he has had opportunities to shine and has not. He is nothing more than a novelty, a fat guy with a strong arm but poor accuracy who on his best day averages 3.3 yards a pass against the Pats junior varsity that won't even make the team.

Potential? That is just a hope and a wish. The fact is he has had opportunities to shine and has not. He is nothing more than a novelty, a fat guy with a strong arm but poor accuracy who on his best day averages 3.3 yards a pass against the Pats junior varsity that won't even make the team.

He had opportunities to shine? When did that happen?

Everytime he steps onto the field preseason or regular season. If he is such a good backup he would put up far better numbers than he has in the past.

lol yeah that's the same argument I heard about Eli all season as well.

anyway, an opportunity to shine for a backup qb is not in the preseason, or 12 snaps in a big loss or win.

It's in starting 2 or more regular season games for an injured starter.

lol yeah that's the same argument I heard about Eli all season as well.

anyway, an opportunity to shine for a backup qb is not in the preseason, or 12 snaps in a big loss or win.

It's in starting 2 or more regular season games for an injured starter.

People NEVER would compare Eli to the doughboy even before the Super Bowl run.

An opportunity to shine is when you have the ball in your hand and you are on a football field with the other team trying to rip your head off. I will agree obviously a backup shows their truest colors in a regular game but Lorenzen has had plenty of preseason games to prove himself and show something and he has not. If anything his production has gotten worse.

That's what I don't get about his bashers... He hasn't done anything... ummm.. Eli has been healthy so why would J-Load do anything more than toss a 4 yard pass?

That's what I don't get about his bashers... He hasn't done anything... ummm.. Eli has been healthy so why would J-Load do anything more than toss a 4 yard pass?

Preseason

But since all of us bashers don't know anything about football lets go to the professionals.....oh wait after Lorenzen came in at the beginning of the season when Eli went down the coaches moved him down the depth chart for the rest of the season....Anthony Wright was judged the better backup.

People NEVER would compare Eli to the doughboy even before the Super Bowl run.

An opportunity to shine is when you have the ball in your hand and you are on a football field with the other team trying to rip your head off. I will agree obviously a backup shows their truest colors in a regular game but Lorenzen has had plenty of preseason games to prove himself and show something and he has not. If anything his production has gotten worse.

You're very wrong about that. They've been compared many times starting back in college.

Both have strong arms, limited mobility, low accuracy, and marginal stats.

There were people on this very website calling for Jload to start just last year. :confused:

I'd rather have Carr as the number 2, but I wouldn't cast off JLoad when we don't even know what he can or can't do yet.

My opinion of Jload is that he doesn't seem to panic. What's the skinny on Carr in that respect?

I think Carr might be a little skittish as he's had about one second to get rid of the ball or eat turf ever since he's been in the league. He could be a great one waiting to happen if he actually gets to work behind a line that protects him and he has more than a second to actually make a play. The talent's there - just needs to trust in his front line.