SportsWrath

Vilma

jints

Send him to the Redskins.

I'm not sure I'd want to see him in our division. He's young and in only his second year in professional football, he led the entire NFL in tackles. He's a stud linebacker. I don't think he'd fit into the Giants' defensive schemes so well, but I do know that I don't want the Giants to face him twice a year because he's in our devision.

I'm not sure I'd want to see him in our division. He's young and in only his second year in professional football, he led the entire NFL in tackles. He's a stud linebacker. I don't think he'd fit into the Giants' defensive schemes so well, but I do know that I don't want the Giants to face him twice a year because he's in our devision.

He was drafted in 2004.

He was drafted in 2004.

Yup....same year that Eli was drafted and the first linebacker taken in a draft filled with great linebacker prospects. Hell...he was taken ahead of linebacker Karlos Danby, who has gotten less fanfare than Vilma, but still got tagged as a franchise player by Arizona.

I wouldn't underestimate Vilma. He will likely retire in 10 years with a half dozen pro-bowls to his name.

Yup....same year that Eli was drafted and the first linebacker taken in a draft filled with great linebacker prospects. Hell...he was taken ahead of linebacker Karlos Danby, who has gotten less fanfare than Vilma, but still got tagged as a franchise player by Arizona.

I wouldn't underestimate Vilma. He will likely retire in 10 years with a half dozen pro-bowls to his name.

So how is he in the league for 2 years?

So how is he in the league for 2 years?

Ahhhh.....I was wondering why you came back with "he was drafted in 2004" :confused:

I went back and read my original line, which said: "He's young and in only his second year in professional football, he led the entire NFL in tackles".

It is one of those cases where lack of good sentance construction and punctuation leads to the ole English 101 problem of "ambiguous reference", but I digress.

It would have been better stated by me if I had written it this way:

"He's young. And in only his second year in professional football, he led .........

or better yet, "He's young...only 26 years old...and in only his second year in the NFL (at age 24), he led the entire league in tackles".

My bad!

Ahhhh.....I was wondering why you came back with "he was drafted in 2004" :confused:

I went back and read my original line, which said: "He's young and in only his second year in professional football, he led the entire NFL in tackles".

It is one of those cases where lack of good sentance construction and punctuation leads to the ole English 101 problem of "ambiguous reference", but I digress.

"He's young. And in only his second year in professional football, he led .........

or better yet, "He's young...only 26 years old...and in only his second year in the NFL (at age 24), he led the entire league in tackles".

My bad!

The moral of this story here kids, don't major in English at Syracuse, it's like Third Grade.

:P

The moral of this story here kids, don't major in English at Syracuse, it's like Third Grade.

:P

It took me a while to understand this response till I realized there are punctuations here.. damn you Prince Nas.... "Shouldda had your V8" :::POP:::

By the way, Vilma is a good leader but he's small. He makes a lot of tackles but in the grind of the NFC East my fear is that big running games would wear him down.

Agree....a linebacker's instincts and mentality with a SS' body. He would be on IR no later than the 8th game.

My bad!

Yah...you could totally have written that so it made more sense. He's been in the NFL for 4 years, and in his 2nd year, he led the NFL in tackles. Because it still sounds like you're trying to say he's only been in the league for 2 years and he led the NFL in tackles.

Yah...you could totally have written that so it made more sense. He's been in the NFL for 4 years, and in his 2nd year, he led the NFL in tackles. Because it still sounds like you're trying to say he's only been in the league for 2 years and he led the NFL in tackles.

Relax.. Bleedin had a few too many drinks, that's all :P

No I can't but the notion of wasting draft picks to get him is what makes it a pipe dream. The type of topic I would expect Osi to start.

Supposedly, he is available for a 4th round draft pick....which is pretty cheap in my opinion.

He is smaller than average for the position, but he's extremely "football smart" and extremely athletic, able to pick things up quicker than almost everyone and can make the change on the fly....and for his size, he plays like a friggin monster. Personally, I love little guys with something to prove (Dave Meggett, Ahmad Bradshaw, etc.)....sorta like that old youtube clip of a chihauhau pissing on the big dog's face. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nZqPoX28h8 but I digress.

His knee is the biggest issue. He had surgery on it three months ago and question marks still linger about whether or not he will return to form. He's not looking for big money, but wants a long term deal with a winning team.

I will trust Reese, TC and Spags with this one. I have great faith in their ability to fit the right pieces into the defensive puzzle and their ability to make good decisions.

And booyah sir <_< ......I graduated from Binghamton U., and only went to Syracuse U. for one semester of grad school, in which I did not have to take any English courses. But I must be honest and say that S.U.'s level of difficulty is about a third (or less) of what it was at B.U. Syracuse is a great sports school, but if you are looking for intense academic study...S.U. will dissapoint.

Supposedly, he is available for a 4th round draft pick....which is pretty cheap in my opinion.

He is smaller than average for the position, but he's extremely "football smart" and extremely athletic, able to pick things up quicker than almost everyone and can make the change on the fly....and for his size, he plays like a friggin monster. Personally, I love little guys with something to prove (Dave Meggett, Ahmad Bradshaw, etc.)....sorta like that old youtube clip of a chihauhau pissing on the big dog's face. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nZqPoX28h8 but I digress.

His knee is the biggest issue. He had surgery on it three months ago and question marks still linger about whether or not he will return to form. He's not looking for big money, but wants a long term deal with a winning team.

I will trust Reese, TC and Spags with this one. I have great faith in their ability to fit the right pieces into the defensive puzzle and their ability to make good decisions.

And booyah sir <_< ......I graduated from Binghamton U., and only went to Syracuse U. for one semester of grad school, in which I did not have to take any English courses. But I must be honest and say that S.U.'s level of difficulty is about a third (or less) of what it was at B.U. Syracuse is a great sports school, but if you are looking for intense academic study...S.U. will dissapoint.

I thought you were from Syracuse Bleedin, my bad.

So your alma mater beat up on Manhattan yesterday on the road. I was supposed to go to that game.

I thought you were from Syracuse Bleedin, my bad.

So your alma mater beat up on Manhattan yesterday on the road. I was supposed to go to that game.

Nah....I live almost equally distant from Syracuse, Binghamton, and Ithaca. My school choices were based on convenience.....well, that and I couldn't get into Cornell.

Yeah...I was a little surprised that Binghamton could knock off Manhattan...although, Manhattan ain't the same since Gonzales went to Seton Hall. Regardless...Binghamton hasn't fared too well since going to Div. I. I had big hopes for them, especially in their first year when they put a beat down on North Carolina, only for Carolina to comeback and win the game on a last second prayer shot. The game was televised and I thought it would be a good recruiting tool, but the recruits haven't exactly knocked down the door. After signing Kevin Broadus (assistant coach at Georgetown) to be the head coach of BU's basketball program, I thought things would really pick up. Of course, this is his first year so maybe we're jumping the gun on his influence.