SportsWrath

Vilma

jints

Nah....I live almost equally distant from Syracuse, Binghamton, and Ithaca. My school choices were based on convenience.....well, that and I couldn't get into Cornell.

Yeah...I was a little surprised that Binghamton could knock off Manhattan...although, Manhattan ain't the same since Gonzales went to Seton Hall. Regardless...Binghamton hasn't fared too well since going to Div. I. I had big hopes for them, especially in their first year when they put a beat down on North Carolina, only for Carolina to comeback and win the game on a last second prayer shot. The game was televised and I thought it would be a good recruiting tool, but the recruits haven't exactly knocked down the door. After signing Kevin Broadus (assistant coach at Georgetown) to be the head coach of BU's basketball program, I thought things would really pick up. Of course, this is his first year so maybe we're jumping the gun on his influence.

Harvard, Columbia and Cornell....the three schools that never even acknowledged my applications...LOL!!! But a choice of Stanford, Yale, NYU and Temple amongst other big names made the pain of the non response easier to swallow. Of the three....Columbia keeps scratching at me to join their doctoral program...Harvard and Cornell still don't know I exist. LOL!!! Yeah Syracuse was always a second tier school when it came to academics....going all the way back to the late 70's. Anyway Vilma is one of those tweeners who might make it on desire and good football instincts; but I think the hard running NFC East would eat him up.

Nah....I live almost equally distant from Syracuse, Binghamton, and Ithaca. My school choices were based on convenience.....well, that and I couldn't get into Cornell.

Yeah...I was a little surprised that Binghamton could knock off Manhattan...although, Manhattan ain't the same since Gonzales went to Seton Hall. Regardless...Binghamton hasn't fared too well since going to Div. I. I had big hopes for them, especially in their first year when they put a beat down on North Carolina, only for Carolina to comeback and win the game on a last second prayer shot. The game was televised and I thought it would be a good recruiting tool, but the recruits haven't exactly knocked down the door. After signing Kevin Broadus (assistant coach at Georgetown) to be the head coach of BU's basketball program, I thought things would really pick up. Of course, this is his first year so maybe we're jumping the gun on his influence.

Manhattan are really hot and cold, they just beat Siena at home and now lose to Binghampton. Manhattan is freshmen and sophmore heavy right now, 2 juniors and 1 one senior who doesn't play. I expect big things the next 2 seasons.

Manhattan are really hot and cold, they just beat Siena at home and now lose to Binghampton. Manhattan is freshmen and sophmore heavy right now, 2 juniors and 1 one senior who doesn't play. I expect big things the next 2 seasons.

Has the exit of Bobby Gonzales been hard on Manhattan? I hear about Bobby all the time because he grew up in Binghamton and the folks that own and run my watering hole (Anthony's) are his cousins (uncles in some cases). He comes in once in awhile and used to give away Manhattan tee-shirts. Now the walls are laden with signed Seton Hall jerseys. I think there's a couple Manhattan jerseys still on the wall though.

Personally, I'd love to see a city school (by that, I mean New York City) get back in the game and field a really good team that had a shot at a title now and then. Hard to believe that so many great basketball players come out of NYC, yet no college since Louie left St. Johns even gets to the tournament (well, Bobby got Manhattan there the last year he coached there). Anyway....NYC needs to have a college field a great college team. I have little faith in St. Johns and thought Manhattan might become the big player.

Has the exit of Bobby Gonzales been hard on Manhattan? I hear about Bobby all the time because he grew up in Binghamton and the folks that own and run my watering hole (Anthony's) are his cousins (uncles in some cases). He comes in once in awhile and used to give away Manhattan tee-shirts. Now the walls are laden with signed Seton Hall jerseys. I think there's a couple Manhattan jerseys still on the wall though.

Personally, I'd love to see a city school (by that, I mean New York City) get back in the game and field a really good team that had a shot at a title now and then. Hard to believe that so many great basketball players come out of NYC, yet no college since Louie left St. Johns even gets to the tournament (well, Bobby got Manhattan there the last year he coached there). Anyway....NYC needs to have a college field a great college team. I have little faith in St. Johns and thought Manhattan might become the big player.

St. John's will continue to suck because they just can't stop all the good high school players

from New York City that go to schools like Rice, Archbishop Molly, St. Francis Prep and Christ

the King especially. The school is in the middle of buttfuck Queens and is near a major highway.

If I were a upper echelon type of basketball player I wouldn't go to St. John's either.

BTW, St. John's made it to the tourney with Mike Jarvis as head coach, that was back when

Ron Artest was still with the Red Storm.

Manhattan College rules and will continue to rule as all their alumni and students are the best looking and smartest around.

As for Vilma, the Jets are letting this guy go because he cannot play the inside in a 3/4. What makes anyone think he could then play the outside in a 4/3? Vilma is strictly a 4/3 MLB, a good one at that and one in a cover 2 or system that employs fat guys at DT where they can contain blocks and let him do his thing as he did in 04 and 05. If anything Vilma would be an upgrade at MLB over AP. I know no one wants to admit that but its true

Manhattan College rules and will continue to rule as all their alumni and students are the best looking and smartest around.

As for Vilma, the Jets are letting this guy go because he cannot play the inside in a 3/4. What makes anyone think he could then play the outside in a 4/3? Vilma is strictly a 4/3 MLB, a good one at that and one in a cover 2 or system that employs fat guys at DT where they can contain blocks and let him do his thing as he did in 04 and 05. If anything Vilma would be an upgrade at MLB over AP. I know no one wants to admit that but its true

They accepted me, they just didn't give me alot of scholarship money.

They accepted me, they just didn't give me alot of scholarship money.

Well then you obviously are smart and good looking, hopefully the fact that you did not choose to matriculate there will not hinder these qualities later on in life.

In all seriousness, friggin tuition there now must be brutal. Was close to 25 grand my last year and I graduated in 96

Well then you obviously are smart and good looking, hopefully the fact that you did not choose to matriculate there will not hinder these qualities later on in life.

In all seriousness, friggin tuition there now must be brutal. Was close to 25 grand my last year and I graduated in 96

It's like 35 to 38 now, room and board included.

Bobby's leaving hurt bad. His last recruiting class was his best but all those guys should be seniors this year are gone. Jeff Xavier is at Providence and another kid starts for Xavier U. Also Bobby had great recruiting roots in New York, better than St. Johns and he got those guys going to the Hall now. They have good players now, just young.

Vilma is a 4-3 middle linebacker who had trouble adjusting to a 3-4 scheme. Why should we think he would be able to adjust to the outside linebacker position and who would he be an upgrade over? I like Vilma and think he is a good, smart football player, but Pierce is the heart of the D and I don't see Vilma adjusting well to another position.

I didn't realize there was a second page to this thread.

Great Manhattan minds think alike! ;)

I graduated in 2001, and all I know is that I will be sending a monthly payment to the Student Loan Corp. for a few more years. <_<