SportsWrath

2008 opponents and temp draft order

Nesta

New York Giants 2008

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina

Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota

2008 draft order 
No. Team W L Pct. Strength of schedule Opponents' record 
1 Miami Dolphins 1 15 .063 .539 138-118 
2 St. Louis Rams 3 13 .188 .512 131-125 
3 Atlanta Falcons # 4 12 .250 .516 132-124 
4 Oakland Raiders # 4 12 .250 .516 132-124 
5 Kansas City Chiefs # 4 12 .250 .516 132-124 
6 New York Jets 4 12 .250 .523 134-122 
7 San Francisco 49ers 5 11 .313 .465 119-137 
8 Baltimore Ravens 5 11 .313 .516 132-124 
9 Cincinnati Bengals 7 9 .438 ..461 118-138 
10 New Orleans Saints 7 9 .438 .480 123-133 
11 Buffalo Bills 7 9 .438 .516 132-124 
12 Denver Broncos 7 9 .438 .516 132-124 
13 Carolina Panthers 7 9 .438 .523 134-122 
14 Chicago Bears 7 9 .438 .543 139-117 
15 Detroit Lions 7 9 .438 .543 139-117 
16 Arizona Cardinals 8 8 .500 .434 111-145 
17 Minnesota Vikings 8 8 .500 .504 129-127 
18 Houston Texans 8 8 .500 .516 132-124 
19 Philadelphia Eagles 8 8 .500 .563 144-112 
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers * 9 7 .563 .469 120-136 
21 Washington Redskins * 9 7 .563 .555 142-114 
22 Cleveland Browns * 10 6 .625 .430 110-146 
23 Seattle Seahawks * 10 6 .625 .414 106-150 
24 Pittsburgh Steelers * 10 6 .625 .453 116-140 
25 Tennessee Titans * 10 6 .625 .500 128-128 
26 New York Giants * 10 6 .625 .516 132-124 
27 San Diego Chargers * 11 5 .688 .500 128-128 
28 Jacksonville Jaguars * 11 5 .688 .516 132-124 
29 Green Bay Packers * 13 3 .813 .469 120-136 
30 Dallas Cowboys * 13 3 .813 .496 127-129 
31 Indianapolis Colts * 13 3 .813 .516 132-124 
32 New England Patriots * 16 0 1.000 .469 120-136 

* -- Subject to playoffs
# -- Subject to coin flip

Why is it that we always end up being the last pick out of the teams that have identical records? In 04 the top four picks were all 4-12 and we ended up 4th. Same with this one. :brooding:

The fact that 4 of the 16 teams we played had a combined record of 55-9 didn't help our strength of schedule.

I don't know what to make of this. Very conflicted, indeed.

My gut is saying that you people should be worried about the embarrassing thrashing you will most likely face in Texas should the Giants be lucky enough to survive TB. It won't be nearly as close as it was in NY.

On the other hand, well maybe you should look at next year since this season is basically over. But the problem with that is we really don't know what next season holds with FA and injuries. The Giants may have the toughest schedule or the easiest. Too early to tell.

So, Giants fans. Since your season is over, and it is too early to look at next season, maybe you people should spend your free time trying something new like auto racing or golf. American Idol and Lost are also coming back and, for those of you who are feeling really ambitious, maybe you could resolve the writers strike.

Or, like me, you could kick back and watch the Cowboys win the next three games. Stress free way to spend your Sundays... :o

haha, horrible attempt at trash talking. The season is not over yet. Don't assume the Giants will play the Boys if we beat Tampa. You should be worried if the Cowboys have to play the Skins. I would very worry about your team without TO because they are very beatable.

The only away game that stands out besides the divisional games is the game at Pittsburgh. The others aren't as bad. About time we don't have to visit Seattle.

Teams that suck this year may not suck in 08 and vice versa.

New York Giants 2008

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, San Francisco, Seattle, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Carolina

Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota

Still looks like a pretty tough schedule, of course nop schedules are really easy. Still, @ a Zona team that could be pretty good (or pretty bad in Lionheart is at QB), @ a Rams team that with a healthy oline and QB is still a dangerous team, @ a really good Clevland team, Pitt and Minny. Host the Hawks (better than playing in Seattle I guess, an under achieving Ravens team, likewise with Cincy and a who knows with Carolina.

My gut is saying that you people should be worried about the embarrassing thrashing you will most likely face in Texas should the Giants be lucky enough to survive TB. It won't be nearly as close as it was in NY.

On the other hand, well maybe you should look at next year since this season is basically over. But the problem with that is we really don't know what next season holds with FA and injuries. The Giants may have the toughest schedule or the easiest. Too early to tell.

So, Giants fans. Since your season is over, and it is too early to look at next season, maybe you people should spend your free time trying something new like auto racing or golf. American Idol and Lost are also coming back and, for those of you who are feeling really ambitious, maybe you could resolve the writers strike.

Or, like me, you could kick back and watch the Cowboys win the next three games. Stress free way to spend your Sundays... :o

I'm sorry, is this the same stress free team that just lost 2 of its last 3. not to mention getting embarrassed by the skins?

Keep talking chump, keep talking :brooding:

Still looks like a pretty tough schedule, of course nop schedules are really easy. Still, @ a Zona team that could be pretty good (or pretty bad in Lionheart is at QB), @ a Rams team that with a healthy oline and QB is still a dangerous team, @ a really good Clevland team, Pitt and Minny. Host the Hawks (better than playing in Seattle I guess, an under achieving Ravens team, likewise with Cincy and a who knows with Carolina.

I'm sorry, is this the same stress free team that just lost 2 of its last 3. not to mention getting embarrassed by the skins?

Not to mention a Ravens team that might actually get an offense for a change, which is a scary thought.

Hello all,

We use to do this every yr when the Cards were in the same division as the Giants, some of you from the nazi board may remember. But when the Gmen come to AZ to play, I got you. As you ALL know, I live in the valley of the sun, and have met many Giant fans from the message boards when they travel to AZ for the game. Now, I know those of you still back east may not be able to come, but if anyone is planning on making that trip to AZ for the Giants-Cards game, let me know. Its a blast as we take over the stadium in a sea of blue(yes, there are more Giant fans than Cards fans, believe it or not). That has changed a little with the new stadium and all, but we are well represented.

P.S. Why dont you make that trip too eggy, that would be fun. ;)

Hello all,

We use to do this every yr when the Cards were in the same division as the Giants, some of you from the nazi board may remember. But when the Gmen come to AZ to play, I got you. As you ALL know, I live in the valley of the sun, and have met many Giant fans from the message boards when they travel to AZ for the game. Now, I know those of you still back east may not be able to come, but if anyone is planning on making that trip to AZ for the Giants-Cards game, let me know. Its a blast as we take over the stadium in a sea of blue(yes, there are more Giant fans than Cards fans, believe it or not). That has changed a little with the new stadium and all, but we are well represented.

P.S. Why dont you make that trip too eggy, that would be fun. ;)

Welcome back Bigblue. May I be the first to wish you a Happy New Year. Though, I don't know how happy it will be should your team end up in Texas again...

Welcome back Bigblue. May I be the first to wish you a Happy New Year. Though, I don't know how happy it will be should your team end up in Texas again...

Thanks egg, Happy New Year to you too. You werent the first though, hope that doesnt spoil your day. :P

Oh, how I hope we end up in TX again, the 3rd time would definatley be a charm. The NFC is still wide open despite what the "experts" may say, and I could see the Skins winning, us winning, the skins going to DAL and us going to GB, and dont be surprised if its a GIANTS-SKINS NFC Champ. But, what do I think will happen? I think we meet you in the 2nd round, and put an end to your season.

But good luck anyway.............NOT! ;)

New England lost that pick for the whole spying thing. There's only 31 in the first round.

I think I'll be making a trip to the Twin Cities this year.

Yeah but they get the 7th pick anyway, like they needed it. I hope I can go to Minneapolis too, I'll have to start saving up now. Hopefully the Giants play the Vikings better than they have in previous years though (I want to do the heckling not be heckled).

We'd be very happy.. it only means we'd defeated TB and GB ;)... on the road to the SB :rolleyes: