SportsWrath

Summary of Sunday Night Fuckability

boohyah

Madden said it. "it's windy".

No he said "this team is not playing like a playoff team"

Because right now this offense has no direction at all. We are not a team that can afford the luxury of 2nd and 1, go long/deep. We just don't have it.

Run the ball, run it dammit, Jacobs couldn't catch worth a shit tonight, but he's killing them on the ground.

The offense the last few weeks has come to a standstill, against the Eagles, it could be said that we won the game because the Eagles didn't. This offense has to take every opportunity it gets. That includes Eli running for fucking yardage!!!!. Holy shit, twice tonight he had at least 10 yards in front of him to get get the first down and he sets up and throws deep. He's done this shit for years. One of the things lost tonight is that the offensive line did a decent job out there and he got time to throw, and yes, his receivers failed him at times. Toomer was particularly bad and didn't run great routes either. Plaxico is clearly limited. Jacobs was horrible. Only 2 good things came out of tonight's game was that Sinorice Moss was way better than his brother and that Kevin Boss showed some nice poise out there.

The defense got slack just after the break, but every time they needed to, they gave the offense a chance by getting the Skins out of there. Fred Robbins continues his revival and Justin Tuck is the man. You have to be encouraged by the 3 rookies in the secondary. Michael Johnson is playing well overall, Dahl has missed some tackles, but he hasn't looked out of place. Ross made a great play on Cooley. Dockery was unlucky on the missed int, but overall this kid has been strong all year.

In case you missed it "Punters and kickers hate the wind as much as QB's". Feagles did fine, Tynes missed his field goal and then went crying to Uncle Tom about the wind. Special teams continues to be solid overall and Bradshaw continues to make something out of nothing on those returns. (we got good value out of the 7th round this year when you think of it).

It seems clear to me that Coughlin coaches better on the road, not because of the obvious, but he seems all distracted and flustered at home. I wish the Giants would hire that big Wrestler from years ago, Giant Gonzales or whatever, he was like almost 8 feet tall, and give him a Giant windbreaker and tell him that it's his job to way his arms in the air and implore the crowd so as to save Coughlin from doing it. Seriously, if you think I'm joking, why would a coach who is supposed to be worried about what's going on on the field, be worried about the crowd noise. Gilbride running the ball when we're behind as an offensive mix, isn't so bad. It's not running it earlier that should bother people.

The look on Shockey's face kinda sums up the Giants right now as a team.

The look on Shockey's face kinda sums up the Giants right now as a team.

Yeah that kinda got me for all the shit he gets thrown his way "Oh he is a selfish player" "He only thinks about himself" "He has no loyalty to the team" When he got injured you can tell he was disappointed, not only to himself but the team.

It seems clear to me that Coughlin coaches better on the road, not because of the obvious, but he seems all distracted and flustered at home. I wish the Giants would hire that big Wrestler from years ago, Giant Gonzales or whatever, he was like almost 8 feet tall, and give him a Giant windbreaker and tell him that it's his job to way his arms in the air and implore the crowd so as to save Coughlin from doing it. Seriously, if you think I'm joking, why would a coach who is supposed to be worried about what's going on on the field, be worried about the crowd noise. Gilbride running the ball when we're behind as an offensive mix, isn't so bad. It's not running it earlier that should bother people.

:clap:

Tommy the Head Coach of the Cheer Team. Most coaches on any level are involved with the players helping them adjust....helping them stay confident....talking to Eli when he's 'down'...but not our TC!!!! He heads the Cheer Team. I say he should head up the 'get the Giants some cheerleaders' campaign. ;)

Main thing with defense and offense is no one is stepping up and making a play. Madison could have made a house call today with a ball in his hands. We sorely needed a turnover from the defense, it's been a while. I expected our D line to demolish this team. It's not like Todd Collins is elusive. Tentative play on both sides of the ball.

Eli hung in there okay for a guy playing basically alone.

I think Giants hate playing at home because they've been getting off to slow starts and the fans get on their case (rightly so). On the road, they have a chance to 'play themselves well ' without feeling the negativity.

That is why he is Coach CHEER LEADER!!! I am ashamed of being a Giants fan tonight.....this is Giants weather and we always and I mean always polished off the Skins and Egals in this type of weather. Even when Gibbs was winning his Super Bowls. And what do we do...? We let a barely hanging on Skins team come in and help us self destruct.

Yeah that kinda got me for all the shit he gets thrown his way "Oh he is a selfish player" "He only thinks about himself" "He has no loyalty to the team" When he got injured you can tell he was disappointed, not only to himself but the team.

That, or he was in agony because his leg was broken. :rolleyes:

52 pass plays in swirling cross winds, including something like 12 deep bombs that flew like ducks with buckshot in their arses. Meanwhile Jacobs has 130 yards of only 25 carries. Bradshaw has 8 off his only run of the game. THROW MORE!

I no longer want Gilbride fired. I want him publicly flogged.

A few points I'd like to make:

- It's been my theory for weeks now that Eli sucks ball in cold weather. Given the crazy swirling winds last night, I expect us to pound the ball and run short routes. That did not happen. When a QB has his receivers drop the rock left and right, shit gets worse for him.

Solution: When our Defense is on the field, Eli shouldn't sitting on his ass shivering. He needs to move around.. jog.. stay warm and I don't mean the kind of warmth that jacket provides but the kind of warmth that comes from within.. that makes want to take that jacket off.

-We sorely need a receiver who will make the tough catch. Not just the ball that's thrown between the #s.

Solution, get a veteran proven wide receiver in the off-season lik I'd suggest with the 2 WRs now currently playing for New England.

- Shockey's injury is a tough break for us but I don't think it's that big a deal. Shocky's been mediocre at best.

Solution: Nothing. We got back up TE who can perform just as good.. or bad.

Now allow me to stress my first point. Eli needs to stay warm. I expected him to have a bad game. And I k new when I saw him on the sidelines just sitting there.

To prove my point.. the Giants start a season pretty good... hence September and Octoper... 60 degrees.. 50 degrees... They suck in the latter part of the season.. him I wonder why.

Secondly, We're better on the road. Someone needs to look at where we played and get me how cold/hot it was at game time.. I bet you the cold weather has a lot do with our performance.

I expect us to win in Buffalo out of desperation. If we do win, it will be an ugly one.. unless mirculously it's 45 degrees at game time.. in Buffalo.

If we make the playoffs and end up in Tampa, I think we'll do very well.. at least Eli will do well.

The game last night was boring.. something didn't seem right. I have never seen so many dropped balls in my life and I never understood why Glibride kept calling these long balls when the wind was kicking ass.

What can I say that hasn't already been said here?

How the fuck do we always get away from what's working?

Why do we try to force the pass when it's not there?

Why isn't Gilbride fired yet?

I think the guy's just lazy. Seriously. He doesn't like his job, so he tries to get the offense off the field as quickly as possible.

What can I say that hasn't already been said here?

How the fuck do we always get away from what's working?

Why do we try to force the pass when it's not there?

Why isn't Gilbride fired yet?

I think the guy's just lazy. Seriously. He doesn't like his job, so he tries to get the offense off the field as quickly as possible.

Nesta....

...can you now see the frustrations of some fans (including me) with the Giants' approach to some games? Do I feel comfortable watching Eli toss up floundering ducks in the wind? Or for that matter tossing up ANY passes in good weather??? Dropsies, wind, fucked up play calling, bad fields, injuries, audibles that take up too much play clock, shotgun draws, Sinorice Moss running backwards, INJURIES!!!, Tom Coughlin 'pumping' up the crowd.....

:furious:

Nesta....

...can you now see the frustrations of some fans (including me) with the Giants' approach to some games? Do I feel comfortable watching Eli toss up floundering ducks in the wind? Or for that matter tossing up ANY passes in good weather??? Dropsies, wind, fucked up play calling, bad fields, injuries, audibles that take up too much play clock, shotgun draws, Sinorice Moss running backwards, INJURIES!!!, Tom Coughlin 'pumping' up the crowd.....

Ofcourse. I've been saying all year that we throw the ball too damn much. In fact I've been saying it for about 3 years now. This should be a run first team. We should play smash mouth football.

Eli's biggest successes come off of playaction, and you can't set up play action by throwing on first down then running on 2nd leaving 3rd and long.

Nesta....

Ofcourse. I've been saying all year that we throw the ball too damn much. In fact I've been saying it for about 3 years now. This should be a run first team. We should play smash mouth football.

Eli's biggest successes come off of playaction, and you can't set up play action by throwing on first down then running on 2nd leaving 3rd and long.

I was getting excited when jacobs had like, over 10 carries in the first quarter. Only to have the running game completely abaondoned again. That has been this coaching staffs calling card for years. Its winder as fuck, the run is effective, and we decide to take shots down field instead of just pounding the ball. The coaching staff tried to win the game in the second quarter, and it backfired.

You're dead on about Sinorice and Boss, those two looked like the only reveivers who wanted to catch a ball last nigth. moss did fuck up once, turning back for extra yardage when he already had first down, but i can forgive him for trying to make a play and earn future playing time.

The drops killed us, that and not being able to stuff the draw the Skins were running early. they ran the exact same play 3 times in a row and all 3 went for first downs if i remember correctly. Or at least good yardage.

Eli had some bad throws, he made some mistakes, like not tucking and running, but he was also pretty accurate more often than not, and his receivers did nothing to help him. What were there? 8 or more droops, and I know at least 5 of the were in the numbers type throws.

So basically this week will be a MUST win, luckily it's on the road, but the Bills are not a bad team.

I was getting excited when jacobs had like, over 10 carries in the first quarter. Only to have the running game completely abaondoned again. That has been this coaching staffs calling card for years. Its winder as fuck, the run is effective, and we decide to take shots down field instead of just pounding the ball.

The drops killed us, that and not being able to stuff the draw the Skins were running early. they ran the exact same play 3 times in a row and all 3 went for first downs if i remember correctly. Or at least good yardage.

Eli had some bad throws, he made some mistakes, like not tucking and running, but he was also pretty accurate more often than not, and his receivers did nothing to help him. What were there? 8 or more droops, and I know at least 5 of the were in the numbers type throws.

So basically this week will be a MUST win, luckily it's on the road, but the Bills are not a bad team.

Why should it come down to a 'must win' in Buffalo when the Giants could have wrapped up a 6th seed last night and played with more fire? The whole approach was garbage last night! I'm not even a pro coach and IF I knew the wind was swirling, I'm running the ball. I'm running the ball IF I see Landry 25 yds off the line. Fuck Eli...POINT THAT OUT when you're up on the line burning the play clock down to 2 seconds. I know this much, even in good weather Eli's accuracy is suspect....so why the fuck would I call all those pass plays in the wind?

Problem is: This team hasn't proven to me that it's taken the next step to be a force in the NFC. A win and they're in the 6 spot and that's what they put out there????? :huh::unsure:

Why should it come down to a 'must win' in Buffalo when the Giants could have wrapped up a 6th seed last night and played with more fire? The whole approach was garbage last night! I'm not even a pro coach and IF I knew the wind was swirling, I'm running the ball. I'm running the ball IF I see Landry 25 yds off the line. Fuck Eli...POINT THAT OUT when you're up on the line burning the play clock down to 2 seconds. I know this much, even in good weather Eli's accuracy is suspect....so why the fuck would I call all those pass plays in the wind?

Problem is: This team hasn't proven to me that it's taken the next step to be a force in the NFC. A win and they're in the 6 spot and that's what they put out there????? :huh::unsure:

This was problem last year too. Tiki would get 5 YPC and then run 3 times in the second half. I think the coaches are getting paid off by the Manning family. :P Too be honest I don't know how Gilbride got promoted at all (well I do, it was probably the 2 games that went OK). Eli was inconsistent and having mechanics issues that everybody and their grand mother was pointing out and then the QB coach is promoted. Why an OC wasn't brought in from another team is the better question. Seriously I think the OC maybe retarded:

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT

E. Manning 18/52 184 1 0

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG

B. Jacobs 25 130 0 18

A. Bradshaw 1 8 0 8

How can you look at these stats and still keep throwing? I swear Gilbride gets his game plan from ESPN and just doesn't deviate from it. Also this week I am not blaming Eli at all. Some of those drops were killers.

This was problem last year too. Tiki would get 5 YPC and then run 3 times in the second half. I think the coaches are getting paid off by the Manning family. :P Too be honest I don't know how Gilbride got promoted at all (well I do, it was probably the 2 games that went OK). Eli was inconsistent and having mechanics issues that everybody and their grand mother was pointing out and then the QB coach is promoted. Why an OC wasn't brought in from another team is the better question. Seriously I think the OC maybe retarded:

How can you look at these stats and still keep throwing? I swear Gilbride gets his game plan from ESPN and just doesn't deviate from it. Also this week I am not blaming Eli at all. Some of those drops were killers.

I know you're joking, but this makes me feel sorry for the kid. I highly doubt he wants to throw the ball this many times in conditions where he is certain to fail. He's not the kind of player to question the coaching but everyone on this team should be doing just that at this point.

I want Gilbride's head on a fucking pike.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a joke.

We should flood Giants.com, The Star Ledger, Giants Front Office, and anyone else that we can think of with coaching tips. There is no way in hell that this team can keep showing a lack of direction and expect to go anywhere.

52 pass plays in swirling cross winds, including something like 12 deep bombs that flew like ducks with buckshot in their arses. Meanwhile Jacobs has 130 yards of only 25 carries. Bradshaw has 8 off his only run of the game. THROW MORE!

I no longer want Gilbride fired. I want him publicly flogged.

Castrated, tied to a chair and beaten across the face with a rusted lead pipe.

We should flood Giants.com, The Star Ledger, Giants Front Office, and anyone else that we can think of with coaching tips. There is no way in hell that this team can keep showing a lack of direction and expect to go anywhere.

Actually I plan on writing a one page summary of what I think Eli Manning can do to improve his game.. just as an observer. I plan on personally handing him the paper.. maybe in training camp or something.

Actually I plan on writing a one page summary of what I think Eli Manning can do to improve his game.. just as an observer. I plan on personally handing him the paper.. maybe in training camp or something.

What's the under/over on Nas getting tasered at next season's Training Camp?