SportsWrath

I hate bye weeks

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

this fucking blows....but if theres any upside, at least theres the colts/pats game to watch....and thats much better than watching Magina's Jews

I always call bye week the worst week in the NFL. But like you said there is a great game to watch.

I'm actually stoked we have our bye this week.

Dallas vs. Philly is on... we'll be in the unusual position of rooting for Philly.

Colts vs. Pats is possibly the most anticipated regular season game ever.

Every team needs a bye... at least ours is on a week that still has some good football on.

this fucking blows....but if theres any upside, at least theres the colts/pats game to watch....and thats much better than watching Magina's Jews

And I'm sure we'll be keeping an eye on that Eagles-Boys game. And yes bye weeks suck ass...

The bye is bullshit. 16 week schedule, play 16 weeks straight, pussies. I wonder if there was a bye when Butkis played, whether or not he'd get a manicure and his hair done during his bye. Besides, this bye shit makes fantasy football that much more difficult. Get on the fucking field you overpaid pussies.

I usually hate it myself, but it's a blessing this week.

I have to say if the gints were playing the same time as colts/pats, I wouldn't be watching.

:huh::huh:

Nesta, say it aint so! Did I read this correctly? You mean you wouldnt be watching the Colts/Pats, right?

The bye is bullshit. 16 week schedule, play 16 weeks straight, pussies. I wonder if there was a bye when Butkis played, whether or not he'd get a manicure and his hair done during his bye. Besides, this bye shit makes fantasy football that much more difficult. Get on the fucking field you overpaid pussies.

No Butkus didn't need a bye. He only played 14 regular season games. :D

And Blue, I'm not kidding. I would not miss the Colts/Pats game for anything. This is the game of the year.

First time in modern football that two teams with those kind of records are facing each other.

Now if we were playing a division rival at the same time, I'd be switching back and forth, but definately watching more of the c/p game.

For some odd reason the bye week is not bothering me this year. Maybe its the 6-2 record? Maybe its knowing we need some rest after that silly overseas trip? Nonetheless IMO this is a great week for a bye, mid season, get a chance to relax and regroup and sit back and enjoy other games.

For some odd reason the bye week is not bothering me this year. Maybe its the 6-2 record? Maybe its knowing we need some rest after that silly overseas trip? Nonetheless IMO this is a great week for a bye, mid season, get a chance to relax and regroup and sit back and enjoy other games.

The Dog is pretty sure that bye weeks are always more enjoyable when your team of choice is winning...do you think that the layoff could impact the momentum going into a big game such as next weeks?

Our bye week isn't week 4 this year. Last year we got on a roll and then injuries kicked in and we had no recovery time. This year we are relatively healthy (crossing fingers) and the bye week is coming in the middle of the season, so there is no "grind" like last year.

The Dog is pretty sure that bye weeks are always more enjoyable when your team of choice is winning...do you think that the layoff could impact the momentum going into a big game such as next weeks?

It's possible, but I'm hoping the close game vs a winless team left a bad taste in their mouths, and another few days to prepare for Dallas.

The Dog is pretty sure that bye weeks are always more enjoyable when your team of choice is winning..

Thank you captain obvious.

do you think that the layoff could impact the momentum going into a big game such as next weeks?

Ofcourse it could. It could also give us some much needed rest to prep us for a big game.

It also could rain tomorrow.

It's possible, but I'm hoping the close game vs a winless team left a bad taste in their mouths, and another few days to prepare for Dallas.

The Dog is undecided in the long run if the bye weeks are a help or a hinderance...overall they have to be beneficial to teams, but in the position of the Giants right now, my guess is they would prefer to just keep getting out on the field as soon as possible to play...the Dog knows that Mike Shanahan has apparently the highest winning percentage of coaches coming off of a bye, but the Dog would be interested to see overall team records as they come off a bye...

I guess it boils down to what happens. If the Giants win, then everyone will say they needed the rest, if they lose, well the bye cost them momentum.

I personally think that no matter what happens next week, this team needed their bye when they had it after that London trip and it being midseason.

No Butkus didn't need a bye. He only played 14 regular season games. :D

And Blue, I'm not kidding. I would not miss the Colts/Pats game for anything. This is the game of the year.

First time in modern football that two teams with those kind of records are facing each other.

Now if we were playing a division rival at the same time, I'd be switching back and forth, but definately watching more of the c/p game.

:huh: :huh:

"Does not compute.....Does not compute"

I dont get it, I wouldnt miss my Gmen for two teams I care very little about. Im glad as hell it was on during a bye week, cause I did want to see it. But I wouldnt watch it over a Giant game. No way.

:huh: :huh:

"Does not compute.....Does not compute"

I dont get it, I wouldnt miss my Gmen for two teams I care very little about. Im glad as hell it was on during a bye week, cause I did want to see it. But I wouldnt watch it over a Giant game. No way.

Me either. I was shocked to here Nesta say that. Some folks are just more blue than others I guess.There are few things in this entire life I would miss a Giants game for, let alone another game. Even in a losing season.

Me either. I was shocked to here Nesta say that. Some folks are just more blue than others I guess.There are few things in this entire life I would miss a Giants game for, let alone another game. Even in a losing season.

Exactly Jay. This is why I have been a little more arrogant and shit talking lately, because Im just gettin tired of all the" Oh Dallas is looking good......" crap. Yes, they are, but FUCK THEM! The Colts and Pats was an EXCELLENT game, but they would have been backseat to the team I love.

And yes, I love them, regardless of what position Elias played and how many SB's theyve won. :rolleyes: (not directed to you Jay)

Exactly Jay. This is why I have been a little more arrogant and shit talking lately, because Im just gettin tired of all the" Oh Dallas is looking good......" crap. Yes, they are, but FUCK THEM! The Colts and Pats was an EXCELLENT game, but they would have been backseat to the team I love.

And yes, I love them, regardless of what position Elias played and how many SB's theyve won. :rolleyes: (not directed to you Jay)

For the record Bigblue: How many Superbowls have they won?

AND, ONCE AGAIN, NO GOOGLE!

For the record Bigblue: How many Superbowls have they won?

AND, ONCE AGAIN, NO GOOGLE!

Are you serious?? Are you trying to patronize me like Im some kinda kid?? Theres no way you could possibly find out if Im googling or not. Just like I couldnt find out if you googled anything.

2 SB's with 6 NFL championships before the SB name. Behind only GB and Chi. Now, heres your question. How many drug addict rapists did the girlz have...AND NO GOOGLING!

Watch who your talking to like a kid fuckface.

lol ok whatever guys. That was a great game yesterday and if you missed it, it was your loss.

I guess some of us just appreciate the game more than others.

lol ok whatever guys. That was a great game yesterday and if you missed it, it was your loss.

I guess some of us just appreciate the game more than others.

Hell no we didnt miss it, theres only 2 reasons Id miss that game. Death and a Giants game on at the same time. ;)

You are absolutley right nesta. I love sports and the game itself. But that love has no comparison to my love for the Gmen.

Hell no we didnt miss it, theres only 2 reasons Id miss that game. Death and a Giants game on at the same time. ;)

You are absolutley right nesta. I love sports and the game itself. But that love has no comparison to my love for the Gmen.

Were you one of the dudes that they did that story on DATELINE about a few months ago? :P

Yeah I hear ya, when the Giants are on I could care less about any other game.

Were you one of the dudes that they did that story on DATELINE about a few months ago? :P

Yeah I hear ya, when the Giants are on I could care less about any other game.

I missed that, what was it, an obsessive fan? :o:P

I always say, if i didnt have kids, my life would revolve around sports. More specifically the Giants. :ph34r: