SportsWrath

BASED ON RECENT POSTS

BadEgg

...in about two weeks. Do you know what I find funny about the alleged showdown in 2 weeks?

When the Cowboys dispose of the Eagles, the game in Jersey will be a "must win" for only 1 team.

Romo could play blindfolded and Barber could run with the ball hopping on 1 leg, and should they lose, it won't matter.

What I also find interesting is how you Giants fans disregard the rest of your schedule. No game is a given. Not Washington. Not Philly. Not Minnesota and not evan an improving Buffalo team...And let's not even discuss NE...

And I'd especially take note of Detriot, a team that no one talks about. If they are healthy, you won't beat them. You can print that in two inch headlines. :o And should you come across them again in the playoffs, you will lose again.

Write it down -- Oct 31, 2007. Badegg: "The Giants will not beat a healthy Detriot team."

Why is this important? Because it's games like Detroit and Greenbay that will come back and haunt you. Write that down too. ;)

and write this down, underline it twice, put stars and little hearts around it and highlight it.............no one cares what you think. Please go spread your superior knowledge and sunshine on a cowboys board. We are Giants fans having Giants discussions, we don't need your input.

he does happen to be in first place in the pick em contest.

...in about two weeks. Do you know what I find funny about the alleged showdown in 2 weeks?

When the Cowboys dispose of the Eagles, the game in Jersey will be a "must win" for only 1 team.

Romo could play blindfolded and Barber could run with the ball hopping on 1 leg, and should they lose, it won't matter.

What I also find interesting is how you Giants fans disregard the rest of your schedule. No game is a given. Not Washington. Not Philly. Not Minnesota and not evan an improving Buffalo team...And let's not even discuss NE...

And I'd especially take note of Detriot, a team that no one talks about. If they are healthy, you won't beat them. You can print that in two inch headlines. :o And should you come across them again in the playoffs, you will lose again.

Write it down -- Oct 31, 2007. Badegg: "The Giants will not beat a healthy Detriot team."

Why is this important? Because it's games like Detroit and Greenbay that will come back and haunt you. Write that down too. ;)

1: now that is just stupidity talking. It would matter , the Giants would be Tied with Dallas for First place then its a race to the finish trying to secure home field Between the G-men And the Cowboy's

2: No Game is a given . hmmmmm Maybe you should read that back to your self and go check you r schedule you have the Giants plus Philly and Washington twice yet. Also Greenbay and Detroit. I can see you walking all over the Jets and Carolina but watch out for the rest of your Division. Also remembe this we are not the same defence you faced in week 1

1: now that is just stupidity talking. It would matter , the Giants would be Tied with Dallas for First place then its a race to the finish trying to secure home field Between the G-men And the Cowboy's

2: No Game is a given . hmmmmm Maybe you should read that back to your self and go check you r schedule you have the Giants plus Philly and Washington twice yet. Also Greenbay and Detroit. I can see you walking all over the Jets and Carolina but watch out for the rest of your Division. Also remembe this we are not the same defence you faced in week 1

I'm a Giants fan, and I posted earlier saying that that no game is a gimme. Why generalize, I thought you were smarter than that?

1: You, as a Cowboys fan, should worry first about beating a resurgent Eagles team before looking ahead to the Giants game. Me thinks someone's just a wee bit concerned.

2: If you think this game means nothing should Dallas lose, you're fooling yourself. This game has all kinds of potential to it. It could determine who wins the east and who gets HFA.

3: Not many fans disregard any team, especially Giants fans in the last half of the season. however, you just disregarded the eagles. Afterall, no game is a given.

4: Detroit. Good team, very good team, but how can you confidently pick them over us? The 2 games they lost came to opponents who brought a lot of pressure and got a lot of sacks. Maybe you havn't noticed, but we do that pretty well. I'm not saying it's a slam dunk for us, but it isn't for them either, as you say.

5: FYI - you're schedule isn't cake the rest of the way either. you have to play 2 away games in a row vs division opponents. you still play Green bay, Detroit, Washington twice and carolina. So again, if you think the Giants/Cowboys game has no meaning for the Boys, then you're already making excuses.

I don't think a lot of us look at the game that way. It's a typical NFC East showdown where first and 2nd place will be facing off.

Regardless of the outcome of the Boys-Eagles game, the boys Giants game is not a must win for either team.

Of course it would. The Giants will be in first place in the NFC East.. tied with Dallas.

I haven't seen anyone here disregard the 2nd half. I think we all know it will be much tougher than the first half and no game should be taken for granted. I don't think the boys have played anyone besides the Pats either.

How do you know all that stuff? Do we need to play the games then?

If we take care of our business like we've been in the past 6 weeks, we won't need to worry about tie breakers.

Hmmmm...could it be that there's so much talk about Dallas because it's THE NEXT GAME ON OUR SCHEDULE? :confused:

You might consider that a Dallas loss in the Meadowlands puts you in a tie for first--assuming you win against Philly, which isn't a given. I seem to recall a second half slide for you guys last year, so I don't know if a loss for the cowboys is meaningless. Unless your post is meant to be facetious, and you do consider this game important.

I don't think any Giants fan is going to take the second half of a season lightly anymore, considering the last few years. But if we stay healthy, we'll be competitive in the games we play. Well, maybe not against NE, but the others.

I think our defense matches up nicely to Detroit's offense. Our strength is our line, and Kitna has already been sacked 32 times. We should be able to generate some pressure, and our offense should be able to score against their defense. Or is that wishful thinking because your team lost to Detroit last year?

What I think this game poses for the Giants that best helps them is that it enables them to get a 3rd divisional win, if they so do beat the Cowboys. With 2 games seperating what will probably be 3rd and 1st place after this week, wins within the division are vital. So yes BadEgg is right in proclaiming that we probably will have to win this game to have divisional potential, but in actuality the Boys have so many games left within the divsion from this point on that they really should control their own destiny, no matter what. Do not forget the Giants have the Pats too, so in that regard a one game lead and divisional tie breakers must be something the Giants will need going into week 17 to win the division.

Considering the Boys pissed away the division last year(as did the Giants) to a team that was 4-4 after 8 weeks with a backup QB I for one would not count on anything.

It seems like a month since the Cowboys last played and got a beat down from the league's best.

I hope we slap you're team around and perhaps we will; I'll wait until we know more to start flapping my chops. Never the less, after we crush the Crackbuys, I hope they do go to the SB, play the Pats and again, get slapped around.

Oh the crying and disappearing acts then, it'll make Romo's f'up from last year's playoffs look like a sugar cookie.

This is why the Buys are a team for the kids that don't get picked in dodgeball: whining, crybabies.

Who knows, maybe they'll get a full dose of us and then we'll see. Romo hasn't played us yet...not this team, only the prepubescent shell of us in game 1 at their place. Welcome back to NY...

By the way, must-win game...I think not! Who knows maybe it'll just be us that knocks the boys out of the playoffs.

ONe good thing, niether one of us have beaten a really good team yet...next week is our first chance at one that wants to be....

You make my point. I could see the Cowboys beating the Giants and finishing 11-5, with the Giants finishing 12-4. I could see the Cowboys losing to the Giants, finishing ahead of the Giants, and losing the division to Philly or homefield to GB. I could see Detriot making a run and upsetting everyone, especially with a healthy Kevin Jones who will minimiize the sacks and pressure on Kitna because he can catch the football and, unlike Tatum Bell, run over people.

Everyone wants to make these broad, sweeping statements based on single games. It can't be done in the NFC. This will be wide open until someone wins the NFC Championship game, irrespective of division winners and home field advantage.

How curious: Home field did not help the Cowboys against NE, did not help the Giants against GB, and did not help Greenbay against Chicago. The playoffs are different? Well, it didn't help the Giants two years ago against the Panthers, it didn't help the Ravens against the Colts last season, and was fairly irrelevant when the Chargers were upset by the Pats, last season as well. Even more interesting: the Panthers team that beat the Giants was not good enough to get to the Superbowl, nor was the Patriots team that beat the Chargers. So, these teams that are being upset at home in the playoffs are not even losing to the ultimate Superbowl winner.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Steelers team that recently won the Superbowl win multimple games on the road. Times have changed since the early 90's.

And with respect to other posts about the rain in London, correct me if I'm wrong, but the weather was ideal the two Giants losses. It was another team you say? Well, then pray for nice weather the rest of the way because the "new" Giants apparently can't run, jump, and catch in the rain. :unsure:

You make my point. I could see the Cowboys beating the Giants and finishing 11-5, with the Giants finishing 12-4. I could see the Cowboys losing to the Giants, finishing ahead of the Giants, and losing the division to Philly or homefield to GB. I could see Detriot making a run and upsetting everyone, especially with a healthy Kevin Jones who will minimiize the sacks and pressure on Kitna because he can catch the football and, unlike Tatum Bell, run over people.

Everyone wants to make these broad, sweeping statements based on single games. It can't be done in the NFC. This will be wide open until someone wins the NFC Championship game, irrespective of division winners and home field advantage.

How curious: Home field did not help the Cowboys against NE, did not help the Giants against GB, and did not help Greenbay against Chicago. The playoffs are different? Well, it didn't help the Giants two years ago against the Panthers, it didn't help the Ravens against the Colts last season, and was fairly irrelevant when the Chargers were upset by the Pats, last season as well. Even more interesting: the Panthers team that beat the Giants was not good enough to get to the Superbowl, nor was the Patriots team that beat the Chargers. So, these teams that are being upset at home in the playoffs are not even losing to the ultimate Superbowl winner.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Steelers team that recently won the Superbowl win multimple games on the road. Times have changed since the early 90's.

And with respect to other posts about the rain in London, correct me if I'm wrong, but the weather was ideal the two Giants losses. It was another team you say? Well, then pray for nice weather the rest of the way because the "new" Giants apparently can't run, jump, and catch in the rain. :unsure:

dont the cowboys play in a dome? I love dome

Hmmmm...could it be that there's so much talk about Dallas because it's THE NEXT GAME ON OUR SCHEDULE? :confused:

You might consider that a Dallas loss in the Meadowlands puts you in a tie for first--assuming you win against Philly, which isn't a given. I seem to recall a second half slide for you guys last year, so I don't know if a loss for the cowboys is meaningless. Unless your post is meant to be facetious, and you do consider this game important.

I don't think any Giants fan is going to take the second half of a season lightly anymore, considering the last few years. But if we stay healthy, we'll be competitive in the games we play. Well, maybe not against NE, but the others.

I think our defense matches up nicely to Detroit's offense. Our strength is our line, and Kitna has already been sacked 32 times. We should be able to generate some pressure, and our offense should be able to score against their defense. Or is that wishful thinking because your team lost to Detroit last year?

Denver.. 13-0 playing at NY. As time was winding down.. Kent Graham throws a bomb which Toomer caught in the end zone as his body lands out of bounds... the referee rules him out of bounds.. a second later a referee from the other side runs towards Toomer signaling it was a catch.

What the Hell are you talking about?

what the hell is that for?

He said that "you" Giant Fans are disregarding the rest of the schedule. I said that's not the case, and I said so in another topic. I don't get what so hard about that. Not all Giant fans feel that way.

Eggy, I thought you've already made it clear that a season is garbage if the superbowl isn't won. Considering the team that's going to win it all has already made the cowgirls look like a pee wee team, you should really start watching more Mav's games from here on out.

Eggy, I thought you've already made it clear that a season is garbage if the superbowl isn't won. Considering the team that's going to win it all has already made the cowgirls look like a pee wee team, you should really start watching more Mav's games from here on out.

Mavs games......LMAO!!!

Its probably Spurs games hes interested in. Hes clearly a bandwagon jumper.

He said that "you" Giant Fans are disregarding the rest of the schedule. I said that's not the case, and I said so in another topic. I don't get what so hard about that. Not all Giant fans feel that way.

You are right, boohyah. I shouldn't generalize. Not all Giants fans on this board are living out in left field. Just some of your more common posters...

You are right, boohyah. I shouldn't generalize. Not all Giants fans on this board are living out in left field. Just some of your more common posters...

Yup, youre right. I mean, I dont know why I ever doubt you, youre so knowledgeable and realistic.

Just one question for ya there eggy, if some of us are "living in left field" by thinking the way we do, what does hanging out on a MB of a team that you arent even a fan of make you? :confused:

Let me help you there little boy, its called an idiot. A pussy. Youre here now because your team is in 1st place, but you'll be gone when they lose the next two, hence the name "PUSSY".

I guess my question is are you replying to me or Egg ?

right HERE

Yup, youre right. I mean, I dont know why I ever doubt you, youre so knowledgeable and realistic.

Just one question for ya there eggy, if some of us are "living in left field" by thinking the way we do, what does hanging out on a MB of a team that you arent even a fan of make you? :confused:

Let me help you there little boy, its called an idiot. A pussy. Youre here now because your team is in 1st place, but you'll be gone when they lose the next two, hence the name "PUSSY".

don't make the dog post the link where you got kicked off the cardinals board...or search for the post where you stated that you where spedning time on the egales board talking trash...does that make you...how did you put it...a "PUSSY"??

For every example you can find of a ho,me team losing in the playoffs, chances are I could find 2 or 3 where the home team won. obviously the home team doesn't always win, that why they bother to play the games, but more often than not the home team wins in the playoffs.

But go ahead and keep thinking the game next week is meeningless for the Boys, if thats what makes you feel better