SportsWrath

The Jay Feely Appreciation Thread

RandolphScott

The New York Football Giants signed Mr. Feely during the 2005 off-season

that included Plaxico Burress and Kareem McKenzie. I guess we all expected

Mr. Feely to do many great things for the city of New York, but he didn't. Unless

you count having a SNL skit about you blowing a game or your media-whoring

ways on ESPN 2'S "The First Take" (Nee, Cold Pizza). So come on down and write

your true feelings about one Mr. Thomas "Jay" Feely.

Lawrence Tynes stinks. With the D we got, Id rather have a guy that can make easy chip shots and is 85-90% on everything else but short on kick offs. If the Offense gets us to the 20, I dont feel comfortable unless someones catching it in the end zone. <_<

Fuck Jay Feely. I'll never forgive that guy for blowing THREE game-winners vs. the 'hawks.

Tynes sucks... probably sucks a little worse... but at least there's no lasting heartache with him. Let's just get rid of him now, and he'll be an afterthought.

Fuck Jay Feely. I'll never forgive that guy for blowing THREE game-winners vs. the 'hawks.

Tynes sucks... probably sucks a little worse... but at least there's no lasting heartache with him. Let's just get rid of him now, and he'll be an afterthought.

Totally agree with Seph here.....I still want to horse flog that bastard.

The only reason Feely looks worse at this point, is because the Seattle game was so huge and he missed 3 times. Other than that he was almost perfect, and he never missed a friggin FG! I dont necessarily want either back but would take Feely over Tynes anyday. <_<

I disagree that he is better in every aspect. Tynes does a better job on kickoffs. His kicks go deeper and with more hangtime.

Other than that though Feely was better. And he was a rather aggressive kicker. It was kind of funny how the guy who kicked the ball was usually the third person downfield.

All that said the kicker market right now is very slim, even more slim than the QB market. I mean come on Mortan Anderson who can't kick a FG over 42 yards has a job. As far as our kicker goes I think we are stuck with what we have and we have to rely on our offense to pound other teams into submission with a running game that features 3 quality backs. Put that together with Eli making some good progress even with the INTs and a defense that has found a true identity they can have fun doing....

My point is Tynes is our kicker and we have to live with it. Hopefully the other two parts of a successfully team can step up and make it so we never have to worry about Tynes fucking us over.

:o

Yeah I said it. :furious:

The only reason Feely looks worse at this point, is because the Seattle game was so huge and he missed 3 times. Other than that he was almost perfect, and he never missed a friggin FG! I dont necessarily want either back but would take Feely over Tynes anyday. <_<

That and the Bears game. That game was a poor coaching move and shitty coverage, but still. I will never forgive Feely for the Hawks game, that was 1 of the 3 worst games of the last decade for the Giants. The other 2 being the Niners and Ravens.

That and the Bears game. That game was a poor coaching move and shitty coverage, but still. I will never forgive Feely for the Hawks game, that was 1 of the 3 worst games of the last decade for the Giants. The other 2 being the Niners and Ravens.

Bears game?? Remind me.

The Niners playoff game and the SB against the Ravens, yes, but the Hawks game was a superior game played by the Giants in all aspects except for the kicking. He solely lost it 4 us.

I'd take Feely back in a second. The grass is always greener........... now look what we got.

I'd rather have Tynes...I mean even if he does blow game, we can't say

we never expected it. With Feely it was different, we all thought he was going

to be the guy who made all the tough kicks...and we couldn't have been more

wrong.

I'd rather have Tynes...I mean even if he does blow game, we can't say

we never expected it. With Feely it was different, we all thought he was going

to be the guy who made all the tough kicks...and we couldn't have been more

wrong.

No way, not even close. He missed the Seahwaks FG's, thats all I bash him on. The Bears game, he's not the one who decided to go for a 45+ yd FG AGAINST the wind, that was a bad coaching call. Other than that, he made all the tough kicks he attempted. ESPECIALLY Xtra points! :rolleyes:

Can't tell me Tynes beat out Houston in camp. Where is he now?

He was on Bengals PS a couple of weeks ago, but I think he got cut from there.

Kickoffs are just as important as FGs IMO. We really lacked in kickoffs with Feeley. One of the biggest non-talked about reasons why we lost the Cowboys game. Look back where they started every drive. The difference between the 35 and 25 is huge.