SportsWrath

The Jay Feely Appreciation Thread

RandolphScott

The whole point is, Feely wasn't better, at least not as much better as you insinuate. The numbers are similar at worst. When we're tied or behind in games, Tynes misses no more than Feely did.

Feely was not a far and away better kicker.

he's just a more consistent kicker, and always has been, Tynes kicked in balmy Kansas City...not the swirling winds of Giants Stadium. Big mistake, it's one of the hardest stadiums to kick in. Feely got that experience being here 3 years(right? 3 years?) Maybe Tynes will surprise me and they just need to work out the kinks they have between the 3 of them (kicker, holder, snapper)...I just feel like Feely was screwed over when he was our best option...it wasnt like he was asking for millions of dollars. I grew to feel comfortable watching Feely kick...Tynes makes me cringe every time he comes on the field.

I hope he turns out to be better than Feely. Actually. Only time will tell.

Also I felt that Huston greatly outplayed Tynes in preseason but we went with the vet...which is a good idea, I guess...

btw, I dont mean to be a dick when I defend Feely I just honestly feel that you guys dont give him any credit. And we have a field goal kicker that has missed 2 more extra points than Feely did his whole time here(at least I cant remember a missed XP...I cant be bothered to look it up right now I'm twisted).

he's just a more consistent kicker, and always has been, Tynes kicked in balmy Kansas City...not the swirling winds of Giants Stadium. Big mistake, it's one of the hardest stadiums to kick in. Feely got that experience being here 3 years(right? 3 years?) Maybe Tynes will surprise me and they just need to work out the kinks they have between the 3 of them (kicker, holder, snapper)...I just feel like Feely was screwed over when he was our best option...it wasnt like he was asking for millions of dollars. I grew to feel comfortable watching Feely kick...Tynes makes me cringe every time he comes on the field.

I hope he turns out to be better than Feely. Actually. Only time will tell.

Also I felt that Huston greatly outplayed Tynes in preseason but we went with the vet...which is a good idea, I guess...

btw, I dont mean to be a dick when I defend Feely I just honestly feel that you guys dont give him any credit. And we have a field goal kicker that has missed 2 more extra points than Feely did his whole time here(at least I cant remember a missed XP...I cant be bothered to look it up right now I'm twisted).

I agree with you 100 % on Houston

btw, I dont mean to be a dick when I defend Feely

No, you mean to be a dick when you call me retarded. :P

I agree with you 100 % on Houston

No, you mean to be a dick when you call me retarded. :P

I actually thought you were high when you wrote that...hence retarded..."Let's get retarded in here!" muahahhahaha. :P

you're still my boy VG.

dude, he legitimately missed 2(into the wind) that he actually had a shot at hitting, they were long and into the wind, regardless. it wasnt that bad, we should have won that game long before that, never should have came to it, and we could even have won had we decided not to kick a 55 yarder into the wind. he kicked 85% for us. lawrence tynes isnt even 85% in extra points.

Booho. Into the wind or not, he should have made that first kick.

I cannot kill Tynes for kicking in this shit. These were god awful condtions with no footing that only benefitted a guy like Jacobs. I cannot kill Feely either. 48 yards in Miami in October he probably Nails that kick. Same as ELI probably hits Amani in the end zone and so many players do not drop passes. Tynes will be here, deal with it.