SportsWrath

Justin Tuck, the unsung hero

Storm

The dude has 7 sacks. Which means we actually have a DE that can destroy starting RTs even while Osi is double teamed.

Lawrence Tynes on the other hand is such a toolbag though. I hate that fucker, just plain lazy kicking...it should be fluid, bang bang every single time, but missing XPs is inexcusable...what is there to make me believe he could ever kick a game winner for us??

The dude has 7 sacks. Which means we actually have a DE that can destroy starting RTs even while Osi is double teamed.

Lawrence Tynes on the other hand is such a toolbag though. I hate that fucker, just plain lazy kicking...it should be fluid, bang bang every single time, but missing XPs is inexcusable...what is there to make me believe he could ever kick a game winner for us??

There was SO many people complaining about drafting 'another DE' but hmmmmn where are they now?? <_<:)

And is it me or does Tynes make you nervous on EVERY XP attempt, every FG attempt and even Kickoffs??

There was SO many people complaining about drafting 'another DE' but hmmmmn where are they now?? <_<:)

And is it me or does Tynes make you nervous on EVERY XP attempt, every FG attempt and even Kickoffs??

EA doesn't look so stupid now and in many interviews he would state that you can never have too many pass rushers. I think everybody can agree that Tynes needs to go (who the fuck misses XPs) and I would rather have Vanderdrunk than Tynes.

The NFL is becoming more and more so a passing league. Being able to put 4 DEs on the field who excel at getting to the QB is one of the key reasons this team has such a stifling defense. EA did a good job assembling the pieces to make a dominant defense....Tim Lewis had no idea how to get the most out of the talent he had access too. Spags was our best off-season addition, he came from a defensive background that knows how to use the talent we have.

The NFL is becoming more and more so a passing league. Being able to put 4 DEs on the field who excel at getting to the QB is one of the key reasons this team has such a stifling defense. EA did a good job assembling the pieces to make a dominant defense....Tim Lewis had no idea how to get the most out of the talent he had access too. Spags was our best off-season addition, he came from a defensive background that knows how to use the talent we have.

Not to be a jerk about it, but last year Tuck, Osi, and Strahan were out for large chunks of the season, so Lewis didn't have the talent on the field that Spags has this year. Not that Lewis did much with his talent when they were available, but I'm just pointing that out.

Lewis was bad, but not Johnny Lynn bad.

I'm not taking anything away from Tuck, but the offensive line is easily the

un-sung hero this year.

Agreed, our O line is mauling the shit out of teams and controlling the line of scrimmage.

As for Tuck, he has been awesome, but I liken him to a good pitcher winning lots of games on a team that scores a ton of runs. He often gets single teamed(particularly on 3rd down) due to the fact that you have to account for Osi, Strahan, Kiwi and of course the constant pressure that Spags brings.

Nonetheless, Tuck gets major props for his outstanding play, but GD is correct, this O line is as unasuming and unsung as any member of the team can be.

Tuck is very gangsta. He's always been good, he just couldnt stay on the field. Now that he's finally healthy and getting alot of playing time we are seeing what he really is....a very good football player. I like in inside as a tackle better than an end....at least this year I do

I must admit, after the first 2 weeks I was skeptical about the defense, I didnt think the sky was falling either though. But I must say they have really been impressive and I was wrong. Also, I agree with Golf, the O-Line has been nothing less than incredible

'Zackly :TU:

EA doesn't look so stupid now and in many interviews he would state that you can never have too many pass rushers. I think everybody can agree that Tynes needs to go (who the fuck misses XPs) and I would rather have Vanderdrunk than Tynes.

Thats all well and good, but also it has to be said that if we wanted a LB, why did we draft a DE and move him? I love Kiwi, but I think he should be at his natural position, not LB. We could have drafted a LB and not been 3 or 4 years behind with our new "experiment"

Because there are no better kickers out there..

I guess the question should be.. why couldn't we resign the kicker we had?

Because he was garbage and cost us 2 games right off the top of my head. We all know which two games.

My question, how does Dallas land Folk and we get leftovers?

It's almost good Tynes is sucking now. That way, we can get his ass out of here while we know he'ss trash. What if he kicked like this is December after having a decent first few months?

He better not be on this roster another week. Gramatica will be a Giant by the Cowboys game.

KIWI is developing into a pass rushing LBer and pretty good one. He led the team in tackles yesterday as the SLB. Put into pespective that the man he replaced at SLB none other than Carlos Emmons played an entire playoff game in 2006 not registering a single tackle and his white uniform was clean on a wet field.

Kiwi is such a good athlete that he will probably be a hybrid LB/DE his entire career. Guys like Willie McGinest and Charles Hale always moved depending on the scheme. I remember McGinest as a down linemen in the 4/3 and an outside Lber in the 3/4, I think that is what Kiwi will be.

KIWI is developing into a pass rushing LBer and pretty good one. He led the team in tackles yesterday as the SLB. Put into pespective that the man he replaced at SLB none other than Carlos Emmons played an entire playoff game in 2006 not registering a single tackle and his white uniform was clean on a wet field.

Kiwi is such a good athlete that he will probably be a hybrid LB/DE his entire career. Guys like Willie McGinest and Charles Hale always moved depending on the scheme. I remember McGinest as a down linemen in the 4/3 and an outside Lber in the 3/4, I think that is what Kiwi will be.

I don't deny he's an exceptional athlete who will be good as a 'tweener. My point is we could have drafted an olb with that pick and NOT be 3 years behind schedule at the position. I love Kiwi, and i think he will be a fine olb. But what happens when we play the Boys again, or the Pats? Teams that can spread the field and hit multiple targets?

I don't deny he's an exceptional athlete who will be good as a 'tweener. My point is we could have drafted an olb with that pick and NOT be 3 years behind schedule at the position. I love Kiwi, and i think he will be a fine olb. But what happens when we play the Boys again, or the Pats? Teams that can spread the field and hit multiple targets?

He goes back to being a down player and we put in a nickel package or dime. Probably nickel.

This is where the emergence of Ross has helped. We put in a nickle or dime package and let them spread it out. There will be times when they do that, we bring in a nickle and still have KIWI in the game rushing the passer.

For those who think that some of us should regret saying we drafted too many defensive ends, I say to you I still don't regret it. As great as it may be looking for us now, keep in mind that we left our linebacker situation in bad shape.