SportsWrath

Justin Tuck, the unsung hero

Storm

For those who think that some of us should regret saying we drafted too many defensive ends, I say to you I still don't regret it. As great as it may be looking for us now, keep in mind that we left our linebacker situation in bad shape.

The cup is half empty, eh Boohyah? lol..

The best move in the offseason is Spags (as per treehugger) and I agree.

Because there are no better kickers out there..

I guess the question should be.. why couldn't we resign the kicker we had?

because he missed a few, very, very difficult field goals and lost the game against the Seahawks for us. the sole reason...because then, the entire city of NY stupidly called for his head and the retarded organization listened and went after a kicker with a career field goal % less than Jay Feely.

All while he kicked 85% for us.

Because he was garbage and cost us 2 games right off the top of my head. We all know which two games.

My question, how does Dallas land Folk and we get leftovers?

dude, you're retarded. straight up.

you PUNT the ball instead of kicking a 55 yard field goal into the wind. Coughlin was retarded that game and the short field allowed the Seahawks the win when our defense had been stifling 4th quarter on. Every single kick he attempted was rough during that game.

I don't deny he's an exceptional athlete who will be good as a 'tweener. My point is we could have drafted an olb with that pick and NOT be 3 years behind schedule at the position. I love Kiwi, and i think he will be a fine olb. But what happens when we play the Boys again, or the Pats? Teams that can spread the field and hit multiple targets?

what in the hell are you talking about, VG, you're 3 for 3 on retarded posts this thread!? 3 years behind schedule!? He's played one full season barely seeing the field...now he's on the field every down MAKING plays, playing aggressively, and sure occasionally getting beat, but every game he's learning and his first round talent is coming out....and if anything a first round LBer wouldnt have seen the field last year either, and Kiwanuka at least got some time on the field playing DE. If anything, he's like 4 games behind schedule at the position because that's how long it's taken him to play well there.

because he missed a few, very, very difficult field goals and lost the game against the Seahawks for us. the sole reason...because then, the entire city of NY stupidly called for his head and the retarded organization listened and went after a kicker with a career field goal % less than Jay Feely.

He kicked 85% for us. Great. How many of those were in pressure situations when we needed him to pull it out for us? See the 15%.

The guy is a head case, and he had that rep even in his falcons days. For that sort of performance, and as mentioned earlier in this thread, some mediocre kick-offs, you want to sign him for a higher salary than what we were already paying him?

what in the hell are you talking about, VG, you're 3 for 3 on retarded posts this thread!? 3 years behind schedule!? He's played one full season barely seeing the field...now he's on the field every down MAKING plays, playing aggressively, and sure occasionally getting beat, but every game he's learning and his first round talent is coming out....and if anything a first round LBer wouldnt have seen the field last year either, and Kiwanuka at least got some time on the field playing DE. If anything, he's like 4 games behind schedule at the position because that's how long it's taken him to play well there.

Barely seeing the field? We had 3 DEs out for about 4 games, and 2 out for 8. Kiwi had plenty of time on the field last year. And with the structure of Tim Lewis' "blitzes," he did play a LB role, even last year.

While I disagree with VG, since we would have been even further behind if Arrington had stayed healthy, I don't think his opinion is "retarded." In the short run it would have been wiser to draft a linebacker, instead of getting lucky with Kiwi and switching his position. And let's face it, we did get lucky, because a good DE prospect doesn't always add up to a good LB prospect.

He kicked 85% for us. Great. How many of those were in pressure situations when we needed him to pull it out for us? See the 15%.

The guy is a head case, and he had that rep even in his falcons days. For that sort of performance, and as mentioned earlier in this thread, some mediocre kick-offs, you want to sign him for a higher salary than what we were already paying him?

Barely seeing the field? We had 3 DEs out for about 4 games, and 2 out for 8. Kiwi had plenty of time on the field last year. And with the structure of Tim Lewis' "blitzes," he did play a LB role, even last year.

While I disagree with VG, since we would have been even further behind if Arrington had stayed healthy, I don't think his opinion is "retarded." In the short run it would have been wiser to draft a linebacker, instead of getting lucky with Kiwi and switching his position. And let's face it, we did get lucky, because a good DE prospect doesn't always add up to a good LB prospect

To hammer home your point about KIWI take into account he had more INTS in coverage last year than Carlos Emmons, Brandon Short and Reggie Torbor

No, not true at all.

Ernie Accorsi wasn't going to re-sign him while he was leaving in 6 months.

I'll worry about Tynes when he actually costs us a game.

KIWI is developing into a pass rushing LBer and pretty good one. He led the team in tackles yesterday as the SLB. Put into pespective that the man he replaced at SLB none other than Carlos Emmons played an entire playoff game in 2006 not registering a single tackle and his white uniform was clean on a wet field.

Kiwi is such a good athlete that he will probably be a hybrid LB/DE his entire career. Guys like Willie McGinest and Charles Hale always moved depending on the scheme. I remember McGinest as a down linemen in the 4/3 and an outside Lber in the 3/4, I think that is what Kiwi will be.

very good comparison. Ive always said he reminded me of Willie

Thats all well and good, but also it has to be said that if we wanted a LB, why did we draft a DE and move him? I love Kiwi, but I think he should be at his natural position, not LB. We could have drafted a LB and not been 3 or 4 years behind with our new "experiment"

To be honest I think Reese should have been drafting a LB and EA not doing it last year wasn't as bad. Ross is good but I am sure the Giants could have went LB, CB and still acquired Ross.

While I disagree with VG, since we would have been even further behind if Arrington had stayed healthy, I don't think his opinion is "retarded." In the short run it would have been wiser to draft a linebacker, instead of getting lucky with Kiwi and switching his position. And let's face it, we did get lucky, because a good DE prospect doesn't always add up to a good LB prospect.

yah, because he cant nail a 55 yarder in a pressure situation when we should have been punting(which is what actually LOST us the game) that makes him a head case. that makes absolutely no sense. the guy was money for us inside like 47. unlike tynes. made every xp unlike tynes.

and you are saying exactly what i was trying to say, he played defensive end most of the time for Lewis, MOST of the time, he occasionally was at LB, but he did NOT set our LB corps back anything more than like 4 games and that's a straight fact. They were talking about his speed and lack of size as a knock on him long before the draft, saying he was better suited for a linebacker the ENTIRE time.

i would spend the money to sign a good kicker and a good snapper, yes. it sure as hell beats signing some dude named Hixon who doesnt do shit on kickoff coverage...in fact, that facet of our team...SUCKS. Where is the David Tyree hate right now? Two years ago he was a monster. Now, ST coverage sucks, no matter how far Lawrence Tynes can kick. And it isnt just their fault the whole special teams is weak. It's pitiful praying for a field goal or an extra point. It's pitiful praying that the Leon Washingtons of the NFL dont return kicks on us.

No, not true at all.

Ernie Accorsi wasn't going to re-sign him while he was leaving in 6 months.

I'll worry about Tynes when he actually costs us a game.

how isnt it? feely is a by far better field goal kicker than lawrence tynes. we let him go because he lost us one game we should have been punting in and would have had a chance to win had we.

Glad to see constructive criticism isn't dead after all. lets see if i can go 4 for 4.

You're absolutely right, we're right on the same pace we would be, and in fact much better off, then we would be had we opted to draft Demeco Ryans (you were saying about a first round LB not seeing the field as a rookie?) or Rocky micintosh, or Thomas Howard.

You say it took 4 games for kiwi to learn and excel at his new position, I say he's played 3 good games against teams with offenses that are all in the last 6 in total yardage. Lets see how he plays the rest of the season before we make him change his number to 56, shall we?

I'm not attempting to come off as anti kiwi, I love the guy, but you're saying we're gonna run a nickel package against the Cowboys? If we do that, we're not gonna have our best 11 on the field, not by a long shot. Nickel and dime packages are fine for 3rd and long, not as a primary defense. Drafting ryans would have allowed us to run with our best players, not imploying a special defense to overcome one players ineficiencies.

Hopefully, this wasn't nearly as retarded as my previous posts.

Glad to see constructive criticism isn't dead after all. lets see if i can go 4 for 4.

You're absolutely right, we're right on the same pace we would be, and in fact much better off, then we would be had we opted to draft Demeco Ryans (you were saying about a first round LB not seeing the field as a rookie?) or Rocky micintosh, or Thomas Howard.

You say it took 4 games for kiwi to learn and excel at his new position, I say he's played 3 good games against teams with offenses that are all in the last 6 in total yardage. Lets see how he plays the rest of the season before we make him change his number to 56, shall we?

I'm not attempting to come off as anti kiwi, I love the guy, but you're saying we're gonna run a nickel package against the Cowboys? If we do that, we're not gonna have our best 11 on the field, not by a long shot. Nickel and dime packages are fine for 3rd and long, not as a primary defense. Drafting ryans would have allowed us to run with our best players, not imploying a special defense to overcome one players ineficiencies.

Hopefully, this wasn't nearly as retarded as my previous posts.

Geez, after reading this post, I think i need to ride the short bus now..........................j/k :P

I got a question on this. How the heck did you guys start talking about Kiwi, on aTuck thread? :huh:

yah, because he cant nail a 55 yarder in a pressure situation when we should have been punting(which is what actually LOST us the game) that makes him a head case. that makes absolutely no sense. the guy was money for us inside like 47. unlike tynes. made every xp unlike tynes.

and you are saying exactly what i was trying to say, he played defensive end most of the time for Lewis, MOST of the time, he occasionally was at LB, but he did NOT set our LB corps back anything more than like 4 games and that's a straight fact. They were talking about his speed and lack of size as a knock on him long before the draft, saying he was better suited for a linebacker the ENTIRE time.

i would spend the money to sign a good kicker and a good snapper, yes. it sure as hell beats signing some dude named Hixon who doesnt do shit on kickoff coverage...in fact, that facet of our team...SUCKS. Where is the David Tyree hate right now? Two years ago he was a monster. Now, ST coverage sucks, no matter how far Lawrence Tynes can kick. And it isnt just their fault the whole special teams is weak. It's pitiful praying for a field goal or an extra point. It's pitiful praying that the Leon Washingtons of the NFL dont return kicks on us.

Yep, my post was all about the Chicago game. Look how many times I mentioned it! Of course, I thought it was a mistake while they were lining up for the kick, and thought they were going to give Chicago great field position (this was before Hester ran it back, mind you), but of course I wanted Feely gone because of that.

Did you notice something? I KNEW Feely wasn't going to make that kick. And there was no way Feely was "money" for us inside the 47. Kicks of 35+ yards were adventures with the guy. There were PLENTY of kicks that barely got over the crossbar, hit the post and fell in, or went barely through the uprights: and that could happen anywhere on the field. That counts into that vaunted 85%, but that doesn't mean that bringing him in was a no-brainer. And there were a few games where he went 1-2, particularly last season.

Just because Tynes sucks doesn't mean we lost Adam Vinatieri.

We had a good long-snapper. Unfortunately, he's on IR, remember? So we have a rookie long-snapping our field goals, and he has been, to be generous, mediocre the first half of the season. He'll be better in the second half. Tyree had a broken wrist late in the preseason--do you know how well that's progressed? I don't.

Again, I didn't necessarily agree with VG's point, but I could see where he was coming from. We were extremely lucky to have Kiwi be such an athlete (and intelligent) where he could make the position change. Let's face it, for every Harry Carson, there's about a hundred Reggie Torbors. VG's position seems to be that we wouldn't have the additional learning curve if we had drafted a Demeco Ryans. Remember, Ryans was starting at LB last year, coming into the league the same time as Kiwanuka.

I'll say it again, Feely kickoffs were short with little hang time. Tynes at least gets the ball up in the air and down the field more, giving our coverage team more time to get down there.

In fact that might be a reason why the coverage team has had some trouble...they aren't used to having time to get downfield.

how isnt it? feely is a by far better field goal kicker than lawrence tynes. we let him go because he lost us one game we should have been punting in and would have had a chance to win had we.

We should have punted once in that game, I'm sorry but a 42 yard field

shouldn't be that hard for a professional kicker to make.

This thread needs to be changed to "the Jay Feely appreciation thread". Or as Fish likes to point out because he is a saddo, I would probably write it "THE JAY FEELY APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!!!!". :P

Maybe Justin Tuck can kick for us. Then he'd truly be a hero.

This thread needs to be changed to "the Jay Feely appreciation thread". Or as Fish likes to point out because he is a saddo, I would probably write it "THE JAY FEELY APPRECIATION THREAD!!!!!!!". :P

Maybe Justin Tuck can kick for us. Then he'd truly be a hero.

So hurtful. :(

Let's not confuse Justin Tuck with Seawright. :P

To be honest I think Reese should have been drafting a LB and EA not doing it last year wasn't as bad. Ross is good but I am sure the Giants could have went LB, CB and still acquired Ross.

I think picking a LB or a CB is more like six of one or half a dozen of the other. We always got beat with the deep pass.. we desperately needed a CB who can play.. well.. CB. Ross is turning out to be a very solid player. And judging by our LB corp this year, we ain't doing too bad after all.

So hurtful. :(

Let's not confuse Justin Tuck with Seawright. :P

One time Jonas Seawright farted while blocking for a Jay Feely field goal, and the ball sailed over the goalposts behind him, such is the might..........of the mighty Seawright :flex:

We should have punted once in that game, I'm sorry but a 42 yard field

shouldn't be that hard for a professional kicker to make.

they had to go like 20 yards to be in position for a field goal. his final kick was long as hell. he had no shot

I'll say it again, Feely kickoffs were short with little hang time. Tynes at least gets the ball up in the air and down the field more, giving our coverage team more time to get down there.

In fact that might be a reason why the coverage team has had some trouble...they aren't used to having time to get downfield.

Id take this ANYDAY over missin chip shots and XP's. Esp. with the D we got.