SportsWrath

Just One Thing

Virginia Giant

Plaxico Burress is one of the best wide receivers in the game. He may not be THE best, but he's in the conversation. Not only can he out jump any corner, but not many wide receivers have the strength to stay in bounds on that touchdown catch and run.

He's dropped a few, and he hasn't always been the best teammate, but I think it's clear he can play with anyone in the league at his position.

the only problem I have with Plax is that he should have about 10 more cathes, 200 more yards and 4 more TD's because of dropped passes...

but I must say he is one of the most dominant WR's in the game..

after the bye week he should have a fresh ankle for Dallas ;)

Plaxico Burress is one of the best wide receivers in the game. He may not be THE best, but he's in the conversation. Not only can he out jump any corner, but not many wide receivers have the strength to stay in bounds on that touchdown catch and run.

He's dropped a few, and he hasn't always been the best teammate, but I think it's clear he can play with anyone in the league at his position.

This is why Burress has been frustrating to watch as a Giant at times. Can you imagine how good he'd be if he had the heart of someone like Wayne Chrebet? He'd be the best in the business. He has all the physical tools.

To be fair, he is playing hurt this year and is having a great season, but it's early and we've all seen how he sometimes shuts it down at the end. I hope he doesn't because right now, he is fun to watch and without him our offense is mud.

This is why Burress has been frustrating to watch as a Giant at times. Can you imagine how good he'd be if he had the heart of someone like Wayne Chrebet? He'd be the best in the business. He has all the physical tools.

What if Burrress had the 'heart' of a Shockey? Wow! Burress would be the best on the planet! ;)

But me being a old time Giants fan for years....at first I thought the best set of recievers we had was Hilliard and Toomer (the year they both got 1000 yds with Kerry). But Burress has single handedly convinced me that he is the best reciever (that I've seen) that the Giants ever had.

I think not having to practice during the week helps a guy like him even without the injury. Some guys are just not practice types and can turn it on and off when needed. Of course this is exactly the kind of player that a tight ass like Cheerleader can not deal with effectively when they go into a slump or start pouting. The anal retentive method is to pile on more practice when things are not going well. He is different than Shockey in my opinion because Shockey could definitely use all of the practice time he can get as he would elevate his game from being one of the best to being the best. But he is a very fragile player physically, which hinders him both in practice and on the field.

Let's not give Plax the "Brett Favre Nut Hug" yet, but as of week 5, you'd have to say he's a Pro-Bowl caliber receiver.

Let's see if he keeps up the high level of play for the rest of the year, or decides to start taking plays off like he did in the second half last year. Things might be different once Eli hits his annual mid-season slump.

What if Burrress had the 'heart' of a Shockey? Wow! Burress would be the best on the planet! ;)

But me being a old time Giants fan for years....at first I thought the best set of recievers we had was Hilliard and Toomer (the year they both got 1000 yds with Kerry). But Burress has single handedly convinced me that he is the best reciever (that I've seen) that the Giants ever had.

How about the intestines of Phil Simms? That guy crapped rocks.

Seriously, he does seem to be trying harder to compensate for the sore ankle. If he continues to do that when it heals, he should be even better.

Yesterday Plax showed me that he's finally playing with his heart. I have always been a fan of Plax since the day we signed him, I thought "Nice we have a big, physical wide-receiver for the new QB of the franchise" He has been a big part to our offense since the day he arrived and has made Eli in some situations look good, going up for some of those lame ducks he threw back in the day. I think the reason in the past he has given up on his routes and plays is the same reason Shockey has, their both here to play and win. When Eli would fall of in the second half of the season can you imagine how frustrating it was from Plan and Shock even the entire team to know that their passing game is lame duck after lame duck throw. You go out game after game running your routes and trying to beat the secondary just to know that if you get thrown at it will sail 5ft above your head or 2ft in front of you.

But I see something different in Plax, this year is finally giving all he has on his routes and trying to make plays and Shockey has always played with his heart and a intensity. I'm glad we have Plax he is a great asset to the team and Eli, he's having a pro-bowl year and lets hope him and Eli keep connecting.

P.S. Nice Sig FFFF :P

Yesterday Plax showed me that he's finally playing with his heart. I have always been a fan of Plax since the day we signed him, I thought "Nice we have a big, physical wide-receiver for the new QB of the franchise" He has been a big part to our offense since the day he arrived and has made Eli in some situations look good, going up for some of those lame ducks he threw back in the day. I think the reason in the past he has given up on his routes and plays is the same reason Shockey has, their both here to play and win. When Eli would fall of in the second half of the season can you imagine how frustrating it was from Plan and Shock even the entire team to know that their passing game is lame duck after lame duck throw. You go out game after game running your routes and trying to beat the secondary just to know that if you get thrown at it will sail 5ft above your head or 2ft in front of you.

But I see something different in Plax, this year is finally giving all he has on his routes and trying to make plays and Shockey has always played with his heart and a intensity. I'm glad we have Plax he is a great asset to the team and Eli, he's having a pro-bowl year and lets hope him and Eli keep connecting.

P.S. Nice Sig FFFF :P

:lol:

I read your post, then saw the sig and said to myself, "Hey, I don't remember writing that". :unsure:

The Dog was never a fan, but admittingly, he is proving to be extremely dangerous and more consistent...the dog's issue with him remains to be seen - if things go a little south, will he maintain the new found maturity or go back to giving up on passes, shaking his head, and being, well being burress...on one hand every player can turn a corner, on the other, true character resurfaces when one is tested...the dog woners what we will see when things are on the downside...

The Dog was never a fan, but admittingly, he is proving to be extremely dangerous and more consistent...the dog's issue with him remains to be seen - if things go a little south, will he maintain the new found maturity or go back to giving up on passes, shaking his head, and being, well being burress...on one hand every player can turn a corner, on the other, true character resurfaces when one is tested...the dog woners what we will see when things are on the downside...

The quatruple F agrees with the Dog here. Burress is playing his ass off, but I am still a little wary about him. He's gotten off to good starts before, granted, not THIS good, and he seems to start tanking it at the end of the season when the Giants need him most. Let's hope he keeps scoring TDs and he will remain happy and motivated to be the best he can be.

I agree I want to see his reaction when the tough times come, then again, the first 2 games were pretty tough as the team goes, though Plax and the O played brilliantly against the Boys. So we'll see I guess.

If you read the Accorsi book thats out apparently EVERYONE loves Plax. Supposedly ELI had to borrow his playbook one time and was astonished at the attention to detail that was written for his role on each play.

With that being said I think PLAX at 29 wants 1 more big deal, my gues is he is a 2008 holdout/trade me candidate. We shall see, but he is proving to be worth the money.

If you read the Accorsi book thats out apparently EVERYONE loves Plax. Supposedly ELI had to borrow his playbook one time and was astonished at the attention to detail that was written for his role on each play.

With that being said I think PLAX at 29 wants 1 more big deal, my gues is he is a 2008 holdout/trade me candidate. We shall see, but he is proving to be worth the money.

The booh bought that book today and just read that chapter. Seems that the Giants org is enamoured with Plax.

Plax has been amazing this year, but I'd really like to see him start practicing. Otherwise, Eli will constantly be getting off to slow starts due to not being on the same page as him.

If that means giving him the Phins game off and the bye week, then so be it.

When does S. Smith come back?

Plax has been amazing this year, but I'd really like to see him start practicing. Otherwise, Eli will constantly be getting off to slow starts due to not being on the same page as him.

If that means giving him the Phins game off and the bye week, then so be it.

When does S. Smith come back?

Smith has about 2-3 weeks left...

Expect him back for Dallas coming off the bye

That bye week will help out some banged up guys

Plax

Ward

Smith

Osi

btw...when is Gerris Wilkinson coming back? anyone know?