SportsWrath

Last nights game

boohyah

Not much to complain about last night, well being the dick I am I have some, but let's start out with the good:

Can't complain about a 12 sack night at all. One thing we've shown over the years is we can draft defensive linemen. Apart from Osi abusing Justice all night, Kiwi and Tuck came up huge and even Strahan came up big.

Aaron Ross was agressive on defensive, and as opposed to Webster, looked like he wanted to play with the big boys. Webster could take a page from him. At least Cory did well on special teams with the downed punt inside the 5. It's good to see guys who are struggling to get playing time playing hard when they get it.

I am concerned with the defense against the run. When you play as aggressive as this defense requires, you are open to over persue. That's where the interior linemen and linebackers come in. Buckhalter got some easy yards last night, and a better running back would have gotten more. I thought Fred Robbins once again didn't step up, and Cofield's speciality in college was slowing down the run. I guess I'm nit picking.

Special teams was much better last night, much more agressive than last week. Feagles once again showed how good he is. As for Tynes, call Mike Vanderjagt and get him into camp and if nothing else light a fire under his ass. I know the snaps haven't been great but to me missing extra points is lazy kicking.

Offensively, we could have been so much better. Even though Shockey fell down on the INT, gaither seemed to have had a bead on it and I won't Bash Eli too much on the throw. But the offense could have stayed on the field longer and given the d more of a breather. Good job it wasn't a hot day in Tampa or there would have been a lot of guys gassing out. Ward did well so did Toomer, but to me Diehl owning Trent Cole was the highlight of the night, Diehl has made mistakes this year, but overall his transition has been successful. I'll say that now and he'll stink up the joint against the Jets, but so far it's been good. That said, one day Kareem McKenzie will get Eli killed. I mean when the guy takes a play off, which he does, he plays total matador blocking, to get beat on the inside like he did?.

Once again I long for the Giants to bring out a Derrick Ward jersey, those were tough yards he got last night, and I stand by my statement that when Jacobs comes back, Ward should remain the starter.

As for Coaching, we can now officially start calling him "the Spagster". As for Coughlin, well we won, so he's the greatest coach in the world. :TU:

The good:

Our "D" reminded me of the Giants "D" of old. Spectacular all around.

Kiwi, Tuck, Osi, Strahan, Pierce, and Ross really stood out to me. Even Madison looks like his old self.

Ward was solid, runs tough... DOES NOT want to give the job back.

The bad:

Eli's pick... even though Shockey fell down, it would have been intercepted anyway. For all the talk of how great his season is, he still looks pretty average to me.

Missed FGs and X points have to be a huge concern... Alford's snaps just flat-out suck.

Um... thirteen is a bigger number than twelve?

But I'm being nitpicky too... all in all, a great nite to be a Giants fan.

Our offense looked like crap. But you do have to give some credit to the Philly D. There a tough bunch. Next time we have to put up more than 10 points. Oh yeah and pass te damn ball to Shock on 3rd dowm in the redzone. The guy had 2 balls thrown his way. One was a bad pass by Manning and the other went for 17 yards. Tell me why he didnt get the ball more? He has turned into a way better blocker also.

That Int was definitely not Shockey's fault. On his feet or not the LB had perfect position...then the weenie went and made a fool of himself by getting chased out of bounds by Eli! What a pusssy! :lol:

Eli showed some speed there.

sensational game ...great summary Boo ...i havent been to sleep yet .....went to work on a barrel of coffee ...i'm completely fucking shattered now ...but who cares ...a magnificent night of Giants D and the slaughter of the disgusting birds !

( 34 hours and counting since last sleep ...GO Giants )

sensational game ...great summary Boo ...i havent been to sleep yet .....went to work on a barrel of coffee ...i'm completely fucking shattered now ...but who cares ...a magnificent night of Giants D and the slaughter of the disgusting birds !

( 34 hours and counting since last sleep ...GO Giants )

5 o clock huh UK?. More power to you. Dolphin game is on at six in the evening right?

Eli's INT was another example of trying to force the ball to Shockey. I was at the game, that play happened right in front of me and in the huddle that series SHockey was bitching and waving his arms in what appeared to be a plea for the ball. Eli should just tell him to shut the fuck up and when he can show that for every 4 catches he does not drop 1 he will throw him the ball.

Offense got way too conservative, but it seemed that they played as to what they knew the defense could do. Phil Simms made a career out of games like that. WOuld have liked to see more running in the red zone(particularly on the Eli pick drive)but this is all nitpicking. Just a great game.

5 o clock huh UK?. More power to you. Dolphin game is on at six in the evening right?

yeah ....Miami game kicks off at 6pm London time .....fairly civilised

Last night kicked off at 01.15 UK time .....and then after that incredible performance by the D i was so pumped up and buzzing i couldnt go to bed ( listened to all the press conferences and bits with the players comments from the locker room on Field Pass radio ) ...by then it was 05.15 .....had a few buckets of coffee ......shave / shower and was in the office for 07.45

had enough by 3pm and came home .... ( fortunately the boss is in China )

Feel like death now ....bed soon

Go Giants

Last night kicked off at 01.15 UK time .....and then after that incredible performance by the D i was so pumped up and buzzing i couldnt go to bed ( listened to all the press conferences and bits with the players comments from the locker room on Field Pass radio ) ...by then it was 05.15 .....had a few buckets of coffee ......shave / shower and was in the office for 07.45

Go Giants

I watched 3 superbowls in Ireland starting at 11pm and ending at 4.30am, but then again I had to go to school at 8.30am so it wasn't so bad. it was the one time every year I was allowed to stay up.

Don't worry, next non sleep game will be the Falcons. :TU:

Once again I long for the Giants to bring out a Derrick Ward jersey, those were tough yards he got last night, and I stand by my statement that when Jacobs comes back, Ward should remain the starter.

I agree...Ward should start and Jacobs should be short yardage back. Ward is on pace to get 1100-1200 yds.

Really, we should give Vanderjagt a call. Who else can do long snapping? Maybe we can use Ruegamer? DeOssie? Hell, O'Hara?

The offense did get too conservative late in the game, Eli did not play well. I'd rather have Jacobs back as our starter, Ward to me doesn't look any more agile than Jacobs and Jacobs is also faster. No need to force the ball to Shockey...the Eagles must have done a great job covering him.

I'm ecstatic with the play of the D in that last game. They dominated a group they should have. very nice.

The offense..... they really need to get their act together. Too many missed opportunities. They should have put up at least 27 on the eagles. To their credit, they avoided making a lot of costly mistakes.

Go Giants

UK....luv ya :TU: This is what makes Giant fans better than the rest. We live and breath our team. Some will say its too serious, (I get it all the time here) but this is our passion, and to each his or her own. Im tellin ya, visit AZ just once, and if the cowgirlz arent your most hated team now, they will be. Everyone in AZ wears something pertaining to the cowboyz.........only about 5 of em actually understand the game and the team. <_<

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...Ward should start and Jacobs should be short yardage back. Ward is on pace to get 1100-1200 yds.

When we are in a 3rd and 2 situation more times than not, and we see how devistating the offense becomes with a grinding power run game, you'll change your mind. Ward played well, but was still inconsistant. I dont think the coaches trust him very much either, he doesnt get many attemps.

The offense as a whole didnt perform very well, including the run game, I cant wait to get the big man back in there.

When we are in a 3rd and 2 situation more times than not, and we see how devistating the offense becomes with a grinding power run game, you'll change your mind. Ward played well, but was still inconsistant. I dont think the coaches trust him very much either, he doesnt get many attemps.

The offense as a whole didnt perform very well, including the run game, I cant wait to get the big man back in there.

I wanted to believe in Ward in the worst way. I still believe given time he could produce big time. But I have to agree with you here Jay D, he's not getting as many attempts as I thought he would and 1200 yds a season isnt a great as it used to be. He could have zero 100 yd games and still reach that plateau. 80 yds a game is 1280 yds, although thats significant, its not game breaking. You can dink and dunk your way to 70-80 yds. But if he would just have 2 or 3 break out runs, that 70-80 would turn into 120-130. That would change my mind. I cant wait for Brandon to return.

I wanted to believe in Ward in the worst way. I still believe given time he could produce big time. But I have to agree with you here Jay D, he's not getting as many attempts as I thought he would and 1200 yds a season isnt a great as it used to be. He could have zero 100 yd games and still reach that plateau. 80 yds a game is 1280 yds, although thats significant, its not game breaking. You can dink and dunk your way to 70-80 yds. But if he would just have 2 or 3 break out runs, that 70-80 would turn into 120-130. That would change my mind. I cant wait for Brandon to return.

Good to know I dont stand alone here BB. But if our D is only going to allow 3 points per game, it wont matter who is running. :rock:

nice post Boohyah.

there are two things that I did not like about the game

1 Guilbrides play calling

It was aweful how many quick hitches did he try to go to with Plax? He had Eli throwing the ball to much we could of used a few more draw plays or off takle runs.

2 Tynes :brooding:

The man left 4 points on the field If we lose out of the playoffs or lose a playoff game because of Tynes I think the Giants FO should sell us tickets pay us and tie Tynes spread eagle against the goal poast and we can all line upthrow a football at his nuts untill the football goes flat.

nice post Boohyah.

there are two things that I did not like about the game

1 Guilbrides play calling

It was aweful how many quick hitches did he try to go to with Plax? He had Eli throwing the ball to much we could of used a few more draw plays or off takle runs.

2 Tynes :brooding:

The man left 4 points on the field If we lose out of the playoffs or lose a playoff game because of Tynes I think the Giants FO should sell us tickets pay us and tie Tynes spread eagle against the goal poast and we can all line upthrow a football at his nuts untill the football goes flat.

LOL about Tynes, I agree. That man stinks, why the hell did we keep him?

1200 yards and a 4.0-4.5 yards per carry is quite impressive no matter how you cut it. 80 yards a game for Ward and 40 for Jacobs could be just what the doctor ordered. Ward gets the yards early in the game and at the end when t he defense is tired the Giants POUND Jacobs down their throats. I was thinking the other night how nice it would have been in the 4th quarter to have had Jacobs run on that tired defense. Ward does not have to be a game breaker, especially if he continues to have positive yards that burn clock. Sometimes the defenses best friend is a methodical run game that keeps them off the field.