SportsWrath

I'm Not Disappointed

nosebleedjints

You know what, I know we lost, but so what.

I didn't think we'd win a road game against a good division rival to start the year.

I did think we'd play competitive and was very interested to see the club's effort, OL, and new defense.

The defense was terrible but keep in mind Kiwi was in his first game at linebacker, the unit it's first week under the new coordinator.

I was very impressed with Eli and the offense, very much so with the line.

We had to endure all the fear our line wouldn't hold up when against one of the better 3-4's Diehl held his own.

The bigger concern for me would be how the Giants defense fares the next several weeks.

Was this a case of too many new faces in new positions against a good offense or a really terrible defense?

If Kiwi can adjust, and we do better against easier offenses along with a more refreshed Strahan that should help.

I would also like to point out how the Giants didn't quit, they kept firing back.

What I really find interesting is the fact Jacobs goes down, then Ward comes in and looks like a version of Tiki in the elusive pass receiving.

I am fearful of the injuries BUT if they aren't serious and IF this wasn't a one game fluke then perhaps the Jacobs scare could help in that they see they do not have to give 300 carries to a single back they can rotate and platoon Jacobs, power, Drougns, power, and Ward, receiving, to keep everybody fresh and the defense guessing?

The bottom line is this isn't a great team and I am not rejoicing over a loss or being an ignorant homer Redskin fan.

I'm saying we showed a good offense, Eli played outstanding, we showed a lot of heart, two of three major questions were answered.

The defense and injuries will be the big factors in the next few weeks, but if they don't turn the wrong way I think we saw tonight this offense can give an oppurtunity for 8-8, 9-7 playoffs in the weak in the NFC.

At the very least, people who insist we are a last place top 5 drafting team can STFU!

this game sucked all the way around.

Eli haters....... enjoy your boy Jared. maybe you'll shut up about how bad eli is.

(Not to say u blamed Eli for the 45 points) but how can ANYBODY blame Eli and the offense for that loss?

Kiwinuka was lost. definately not ready to play lb. TRUE

I am fearful of the injuries BUT if they aren't serious and IF this wasn't a one game fluke then perhaps the Jacobs scare could help in that they see they do not have to give 300 carries to a single back they can rotate and platoon Jacobs, power, Drougns, power, and Ward, receiving, to keep everybody fresh AGREED

A loss i can deal with, making Romo look like fucking Dan Marino, doesn't sit well. A EFFEN MEN!

You know what, I know we lost, but so what.

I didn't think we'd win a road game against a good division rival to start the year.

I did think we'd play competitive and was very interested to see the club's effort, OL, and new defense.

The defense was terrible but keep in mind Kiwi was in his first game at linebacker, the unit it's first week under the new coordinator.

I was very impressed with Eli and the offense, very much so with the line.

We had to endure all the fear our line wouldn't hold up when against one of the better 3-4's Diehl held his own.

The bigger concern for me would be how the Giants defense fares the next several weeks.

Was this a case of too many new faces in new positions against a good offense or a really terrible defense?

If Kiwi can adjust, and we do better against easier offenses along with a more refreshed Strahan that should help.

I would also like to point out how the Giants didn't quit, they kept firing back.

What I really find interesting is the fact Jacobs goes down, then Ward comes in and looks like a version of Tiki in the elusive pass receiving.

I am fearful of the injuries BUT if they aren't serious and IF this wasn't a one game fluke then perhaps the Jacobs scare could help in that they see they do not have to give 300 carries to a single back they can rotate and platoon Jacobs, power, Drougns, power, and Ward, receiving, to keep everybody fresh and the defense guessing?

The bottom line is this isn't a great team and I am not rejoicing over a loss or being an ignorant homer Redskin fan.

I'm saying we showed a good offense, Eli played outstanding, we showed a lot of heart, two of three major questions were answered.

The defense and injuries will be the big factors in the next few weeks, but if they don't turn the wrong way I think we saw tonight this offense can give an oppurtunity for 8-8, 9-7 playoffs in the weak in the NFC.

At the very least, people who insist we are a last place top 5 drafting team can STFU!

How can you be encouraged by Jacobs, Umenyiora, and Eli all going down in Week 1?

It came down to whose Defense was going to suck more. I'm sure all the "experts" will not say that the Cowboys D also sucked ass.

This team has issues that will not be resolved. They'll fuck up this season and probably squeak into the playoffs because the NFC still sucks and lose in the first round with Spags in as a safety.

platoon Jacobs, power, Drougns, power, and Ward, receiving, to keep everybody fresh and the defense guessing?

I'm just hoping Bradshaw gets some time in there too, he looks real explosive and he runs like a running back on the kick returns. If we can platoon 4 running backs, or even 3 with Droughns playing FB, we could have a nice offense.

You can take a lot of positives out of the offense, injuries aside (our starting QB and HB out).

I really can't find anything positive to take out of this defense. Non-existent pass rush, no coverage on the TE whatsoever, players out of position... it's pretty bad.

A few more weeks of this and the players are going to look pretty stupid for bashing Tim Lewis.

You can take a lot of positives out of the offense, injuries aside (our starting QB and HB out).

I really can't find anything positive to take out of this defense. Non-existent pass rush, no coverage on the TE whatsoever, players out of position... it's pretty bad.

A few more weeks of this and the players are going to look pretty stupid for bashing Tim Lewis.

The Cowhores do have a gigantic offensive line..... and our secondary cannot play football

The Cowhores do have a gigantic offensive line..... and our secondary cannot play football

Why is that we have been hearing that since the beginning of time and why we cant bring in someone to fix that problem?

Either way, we have always had our heads up our asses while covering Tightends and its quite obvious that its a glaring weakness that still exists. Oh well, atleast Eli is OK. This was just a shitty game straight off the bat. Lets hope things settle down next week.

A loss i can deal with, making Romo look like fucking Dan Marino, doesn't sit well.

That is the one thing that eats me...having that boy look like the next coming of Johnny Unitas. When he absolutely is not. I have seen too much football to anoint that bastard as more than a mediocre qb at best. Staubach was great, and so was Aikman so this is not a I hate the Broke Backs rant.

are you happy with Lorenzen?

May be our starter for a while.

this game sucked all the way around.

Eli haters....... enjoy your boy Jared. maybe you'll shut up about how bad eli is.

The game didnt suck all the way around, the offense got me pumped. It was the D who stunk, and they stunk bad. But if you mean by Eli gettin hurt it sucked, well, I cant argue with you on that one. At least its day to day, no real damage.