Tom coughlin

Firstnten

Is Coughling a good coach  

21 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no

• yes
    • no

6-2 slide at the end of the year

Squeaking into the playoffs with a 8-8 record.

Mishandling the media over and over.

he formation of the player counsel for complaints by players.

Players talking to the media about poor coaching.

Players complaining to the NFLPA.

Players complaining about TC anonymously to the media.

Shockey snapping his head set on the sidelines.

The fact that he thought huff was a good OC.

The failed combination of killdrive and palmer.

IMO ...TC is a good coach ( not a great coach ) who has taken this team to the playoffs for the last 2 seasons and has a fine record in the NFL and prior to the NFL

He does not suck

Last year the players underperformed badly and the team got badly injured. Whilst this is partly the fault of the HC the blame does not rest solely with him.

TC will get a lot out of this team in 2007 and we will surprise the critics

I think so...His inability to make in-game adjustments really kills this team.

the combination of coaching staff we have today on the offensive side of the ball has been a proven failure.

I'm seeing a few members here saying they love TC. I wonder why.

IMO ...TC is a good coach ( not a great coach ) who has taken this team to the playoffs for the last 2 seasons and has a fine record in the NFL and prior to the NFL

He does not suck

Last year the players underperformed badly and the team got badly injured. Whilst this is partly the fault of the HC the blame does not rest solely with him.

TC will get a lot out of this team in 2007 and we will surprise the critics

teams with .500 records should not make they playoffs IMO.

How did you feel when Whitefield was getting mult personal fouls last year and TC did nothing? How can you expect players to perform without discipline?

How did you feel when Whitefield was getting mult personal fouls last year and TC did nothing? How can you expect players to perform without discipline?

We have a difference of opinion Firstnten .....you think TC absolutely sucks and i think he is a pretty good head coach.

I respect your opinion . i trust that you respect mine . That's the beauty of a message board poll i suppose.

Regards

UK

Well, I don't blame him. There's was no one that can take B. Whitfield place. You think Guy Whimper was going to able to protect Eli;s blind side? I seriously doubt it. Heck, putting Diehl at LT is a major gamble if you ask me.

I blame some of the problem on TC, and the rest on injuries. Look at the defense last year...They had no dept and it showed at the end of the game.

We have a difference of opinion Firstnten .....you think TC absolutely sucks and i think he is a pretty good head coach.

I respect your opinion . i trust that you respect mine . That's the beauty of a message board poll i suppose.

Regards

UK

I respect most opinions, I'm just trying to change yours. I felt the same way you did until last season.

maybe I'm comming off like a dick..

Thats not my intent.

Well, I don't blame him. There's was no one that can take B. Whitfield place. You think Guy Whimper was going to able to protect Eli;s blind side? I seriously doubt it. Heck, putting Diehl at LT is a major gamble if you ask me.

I blame some of the problem on TC, and the rest on injuries. Look at the defense last year...They had no dept and it showed at the end of the game.

Do you think Sam Madison should have been starting last year?

The Huff move was forced on TC.

The sad fact is inj's are apart of the game. you think the players respond well to TC coaching approach?

I respect most opinions, I'm just trying to change yours. I felt the same way you did until last season.

maybe I'm comming off like a dick..

Thats not my intent.

no problem ...i agree with you that he's in the last chance saloon .....i'm just giving TC my full support for this season

Does he SUCK? No. Is he a great coach? No. There is no middle ground in your question, just black or white.

Fact is there was no decent coaching talent this past offseason worth going for. Combine that with TC ditching his Cs and he deserved one last year. If he does well great we have our coach already. If things go like they did last year can him and get Belicheck/Fox/Cowher.

Does he SUCK? No. Is he a great coach? No. There is no middle ground in your question, just black or white.

Fact is there was no decent coaching talent this past offseason worth going for. Combine that with TC ditching his Cs and he deserved one last year. If he does well great we have our coach already. If things go like they did last year can him and get Belicheck/Fox/Cowher.

sounds to me that would would rather have him not coaching our team...

I'll put you down for suck....

sounds to me that would would rather have him not coaching our team...

I'll put you down for suck....

Yeah maybe you are acting like a dick when you put me down for something I expressly said I didn't agree with. And I would rather have him coaching for our team right now so I guess you are 0/2 on that one.

To me, Coughlin needs a group of players that believe in him. There isnt much room for me first players in his locker room. But when he does he can be as good as any coach in the league. With guys like Eli and pierce having his back this season as new leaders, I think these guys have bought into his type of coaching style. And I think its going to show on the field this season. Having a good DC isnt going to hurt anything either.

Is TC the best coach in the world? No Does he suck? No Just because the Giants went 8-8 last season doesn't make him a bad coach. He has done many good things and expecting him to advance to the NFC championship with a new QB is also very unrealistic. He has done well enough with the problems that the Giants have had. Everybody loves to point out how great Billicheck is but with the Browns he was considered one of the worst coaches in football and how well did he do before Brady? He has won the division title and made the playoffs twice while having to deal with many me first players. To be honest he has done well enough to get another chance and if the Giants make the playoffs then he should stay. The NFL is a very hard league to win in and if you can make the playoffs with all the adversity that faces every team then you are doing something right and don't suck.

the combination of coaching staff we have today on the offensive side of the ball has been a proven failure.

I'm seeing a few members here saying they love TC. I wonder why.

When speaking of assistant coaches, let us not forget the previous assistants that Toxic Tom hired. Stupenagle and Loser Lewis sucked. Does anyone disagree with that statement? These hires by Coughlin show what poor judgement and knowledge of abilities he has. These hires just underline my belief that "HE SUCKS & ALWAYS WILL"

i think he's a horrible coach but i'm a giants fan before a coughlin hater--if he proves me wrong this season i will happily admit i was wrong and will jump right back on the bandwagon. i say 'back' because i actually kinda liked the guy prior to last season

When speaking of assistant coaches, let us not forget the previous assistants that Toxic Tom hired. Stupenagle and Loser Lewis sucked. Does anyone disagree with that statement? These hires by Coughlin show what poor judgement and knowledge of abilities he has. These hires just underline my belief that "HE SUCKS & ALWAYS WILL"

To be fair..Tim lewis did have a couple of defensive teams where they were ranked #1 in the league. Hiring Gilbrite was the wrose move TC could have done. I saw him Coach the Chargers into one the worse team in the league. And he completely destroyed the high power offense the Bills once had.

I hope I'm wrong on this....

He's not great, but I'd say he's good. Better than the guy he replaced.

His problem is that he's too married to his assistants. Jerry Palmieri sucks. Huffnagle needed to be replaced before week 15. Tim Lewis never should have been back after the Panthers playoff loss. And Jesus Christ... Jerry Palmieri is THE WORST conditioning coach in the league.

If he held his assistants' feet to the fire a bit more, he'd be fine... and I agree about getting rid of the "me-first" players as well.

6-2 slide at the end of the year

Squeaking into the playoffs with a 8-8 record.

The thing is we lost half our starting defensive line in that period (both DEs, and Tuck for that matter), 2 of our 3 starting LBs and one of our backups, and there were even injury problems with our secondary (Madison and his hamstring, Webster with his hip). That's a lot to overcome: pick any one of those, and any coach would have difficulty.

And you're ignoring 11-5 the previous year.

Mishandling the media over and over.

No argument there.

he formation of the player counsel for complaints by players.

I think this is a reasonable solution, since that should keep problems in house, and opens dialog between the team and coaches.

Players talking to the media about poor coaching.

Look at the source, though.

Players complaining to the NFLPA.

That happened once, in 2004. Hasn't happened since then.

Players complaining about TC anonymously to the media.

Again, Tiki's retired. And that's more of a reflection of the players, not the coach.

Shockey snapping his head set on the sidelines.

That's Shockey being a jerk, not Coughlin.

The fact that he thought huff was a good OC.

Didn't he use him in Jacksonville, and have some success? Besides, we were scoring, until we had to rely on Carter and Tyree as WRs, and Huff failed to adjust.

The failed combination of killdrive and palmer.

This pairing hasn't even participated in a regular season game together yet.

As a game day coach, Coughlin leaves a little to be desired. He is really only as good as his coordinators. He is also a little overly stubborn.

But on the other hand, he's good at player evaluation (although he clings to vets a little too much), and gets the most from the players. He's also very good with the younger players.

He doesn't suck, but he's no HOF coach, either.

Any wins the Giants get this year will be in spite of as opposed to because of TC.

His sideline antics on every penalty with the arms flailing and the retarded kid taking a shit faces, do nothing for us. Good coaches dont get rattled, maybe they get in a players/officials face but always focusing on the game.

A good coach makes his team better.... are they much better the the Fassel Giants?

As a game day coach, Coughlin leaves a little to be desired. He is really only as good as his coordinators. He is also a little overly stubborn.

But on the other hand, he's good at player evaluation (although he clings to vets a little too much), and gets the most from the players. He's also very good with the younger players.

He doesn't suck, but he's no HOF coach, either.

Palmer and killdrive have coached together in the regular season many times.