SportsWrath

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS...

BadEgg

If you were Cowboys fans you would not have to deal with these distractions, nonsense, and frustration.

We are happy with our QB, current players, ex-players, owner, new stadium, hotdog venders...There is no bickering in Dallas. Just optimism, peace and tranquility. It's a stress-free existance...

If you were Cowboys fans you would not have to deal with these distractions, nonsense, and frustration.

We are happy with our QB, current players, ex-players, owner, new stadium, hotdog venders...There is no bickering in Dallas. Just optimism, peace and tranquility. It's a stress-free existance...

then go on vacation...outta here.

then go on vacation...outta here.

I was away for several days and when I returned I noticed that there were few discussions in this section of the message board. You people need me to facilitate communication and scholarly debate in the Sportswrath community. I'll admit, it is a tiresome job, but someone has to do it. Perhaps they should make me a moderator. :)

I was away for several days and when I returned I noticed that there were few discussions in this section of the message board. You people need me to facilitate communication and scholarly debate in the Sportswrath community. I'll admit, it is a tiresome job, but someone has to do it. Perhaps they should make me a moderator. :)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You were away? Funny no one missed you.

That won't last very long.

<_>

Come on Egg, that's not true and you know it.

I'll sign up for that. Mods, why is this clown still allowed to post here? Didnt you ban the fag 4 for these same type of threads?

The fab 4 never tried to make any points, they just threw the current name out there, said they sucked and (insert undrafted free agent rookie) could do better. They didn't have any substance to their spam, at least with Egg there is some thought into most of his posts, albeit not very good thought.

Let's examine:

Most "Cowboy fans", are fans when the team is over .500. When they are not, those same fans turn to Rodeo.

That could never be said about Giants fans, who stick with the team through all sorts of adversity. Guys like Fish and Charlie has at through the 70's and are still here. Some of us are lucky enough to have the pleasure of having Ray Handley as our coach. We stick it out. Cowboys fans can't say this, when the Cowboys suck, Texas Stadium is a morgue.

Now let's take point number 2. The Giants have to deal with distractions, nonsense and frustration, we assume you imply that we cannot be successful. That's an interesting theory coming from a Cowboy fan, who during the era of winning 3 Superbowls had to deal with.

- An owner wanting to interfere with his team so much that he drove a wedge between himself and his 2 trophy winning coach, so bad the coach left.

- Then hiring a lame duck coach whose biggest claim was the yell and make obscure comments to the media and was such a dope that his own QB didn't want to deal with him.

- Dealt with the antics of Michael Irvin and his fur coat wearing soirees into the finest crackhouses in Texas, when all along he could have been scoring from ..........

- Nate Newton.....nuff said.

- Signed Deion Sanders because Deion was a very quiet reserved guy who never attracted attention.

- And was that center who openly campaigned about the good in smoking pot.

shall I go on.

My point is B. Egg, is that for all these distractions you keep bellowing about, it's your own team the shows that this theory of yours carries little weight, as the most successful period in Cowboys history contained some of the most self serving, self promoting, egotisitical assholes ever.

So for all of the yapping the Giants are doing now amongst themselves now, fact is it's overated, and has little or nothing to do with performance. Not one word off the field has ever gained a yard on it.

As for yourself, I don't think you're so bad. I think you think it's cool to keep this badgering, when in fact I think when you want to be, your pretty rational. :TU:

Let's examine:

Most "Cowboy fans", are fans when the team is over .500. When they are not, those same fans turn to Rodeo.

That could never be said about Giants fans, who stick with the team through all sorts of adversity. Guys like Fish and Charlie has at through the 70's and are still here. Some of us are lucky enough to have the pleasure of having Ray Handley as our coach. We stick it out. Cowboys fans can't say this, when the Cowboys suck, Texas Stadium is a morgue.

Now let's take point number 2. The Giants have to deal with distractions, nonsense and frustration, we assume you imply that we cannot be successful. That's an interesting theory coming from a Cowboy fan, who during the era of winning 3 Superbowls had to deal with.

- An owner wanting to interfere with his team so much that he drove a wedge between himself and his 2 trophy winning coach, so bad the coach left.

- Then hiring a lame duck coach whose biggest claim was the yell and make obscure comments to the media and was such a dope that his own QB didn't want to deal with him.

- Dealt with the antics of Michael Irvin and his fur coat wearing soirees into the finest crackhouses in Texas, when all along he could have been scoring from ..........

- Signed Deion Sanders because Deion was a very quiet reserved guy who never attracted attention.

shall I go on.

My point is B. Egg, is that for all these distractions you keep bellowing about, it's your own team the shows that this theory of yours carries little weight, as the most successful period in Cowboys history contained some of the most self serving, self promoting, egotisitical assholes ever.

So for all of the yapping the Giants are doing now amongst themselves now, fact is it's overated, and has little or nothing to do with performance. Not one word off the field has ever gained a yard on it.

As for yourself, I don't think you're so bad. I think you think it's cool to keep this badgering, when in fact I think when you want to be, your pretty rational. :TU:

:clap:

That was actually very well said.

Has Toni Romo worked a deal yet? If NOT....where's the "Dallas is happy with their QB situation" coming from?

:unsure:

Game, set, match.

Eli's "option" or "extention" was taken care of this year, so if the Boyz are so happy with their QB situation, why is he entering his final year with refusal to be given an extension?

Let's examine:

shall I go on.

A well though out post indeed. I would only add this: Unlike the 2007 Giants, no one questioned the talent of the mid-90's Cowboys. Also, Irvin was the Cowboys leader and his off-field behavoir, as deplorable as it was, never really affected his ability to lead on the field, aside from when he was absent due to suspensions. When he played, he worked hard and played at a high level so the players were always behind him 100%. We may be disgusted by the fact that they would rally around criminals, and some of these players were criminals, but they did. Right or wrong.

What makes the Giants situation so interesting is that people are publically questioning both Eli's skills and his leadership abilities. And when it not only comes from the media, but spreads to former players, it makes you wonder whether everyone on the Giants team is really behind him, and how long they will stick with him if things go bad.

People may say I "badger" but can you blame me for being interested in the little soap opra that is bruing? Everyone is writing about it. And everyone has an opinion. Only in New York...

There is one question, however, I would like an honest answer to that I don't know I will ever get. Here it is:

Are the Giants fans that support Eli doing so because they really believe he is an elite QB, or is it that they feel they must support him because failure is not an option in light of how much the Giants gave up for him?

The Cowboys are lucky compared to the Giants when it comes to their QB. Romo is a lottery ticket, especially with Clevland's # 1 pick next season. If he fails, it's a wasted year and nothing more.