SportsWrath

So where do you really think we go from here?

jranieli

I believe Coughlin stays since he does have one more year and to one more your to prove himself. Lewis is gone and possibly the rest of the staff. The special team return team is a joke and needs to be fixed once agian. How many times have we gone through this? This was the first game all year where I did not blame the play calling. It was decent, except for Manning missing wide open receivers, but this is not a thread for ranting. What do we do about the RB position? We are going to miss Barber. Hopefully we can find someone to replace him. What are we going to do about the GM position? I hope we hire someone out of the organization. One last thing, if we fire Coughlin, it will be a big mistake.

The GM position, imo is the easy part. I have no problem with the Giants hiring someone from within the organization.

Coaching, Coughlin must go. In the 21st century, the drill seargent mentality/treatment of players doesn't work. They're grown men and should be treated as such. This team has been caught with its pants down many times this season and that falls squarely on the coach. Our game plans sucked and our players were pickering. This coach lost this team against Chicago.

Who has to go:

Emmons. If anyone has an objection, please leave this country. Besides we saw what Chase can do.

Plax. One good game... horrible season. Can't teach old dog new tricks.

Bob Whitfield. Donate him to the UN. I don't care.. feed him to stray dogs.

Carter. Waste of a spot. Try to get Ike Hilliard back. God I missed him.

Morton. Lost a step. Try to get Ponder back. God I missed him.

Our Defensive Backfiled needs a serious overhaul. I think our D Line is good and our LBs (Peirce, Lavar, and Chase) are ok.

If Barber leaves, then bring in a same style runner. Maybe in the draft. Jacobs takes over the role of course but we need a barber-like speedster.

Please feel free to add.

:LMAO::clap:

R.W. McQuaters needs to go.

McQ is ok in my book. We can't have superstars in every position. I pretty much laid out our plan for victory in the same way I laid out our plan (this country's plan) for winning in Iraq. And if I have to spam the Giants FO the same way I've been hitting capitol hill then I will.

Coughlin will stay another year, probly Lewis too, Huff is probly gone and Gillbride will be the new OC.

Next year, we will be a sub 500 team, TC doesn't run with Tiki in the backfield, what do you think will happen when Jacobs is back there? Then we fire TC and lewis and hire Cower and he brings in the guys he wants as OC and DC. We will then win 7 consecutive super bowls, give or take.

As for players?

Eli has the goods, but needs coaching and play calling that doesn't have him dropping back all the time.

We need a RB, i love jacobs, but i would like a shifty back behind him not named Ward or morton.

Plax needs to go, he's great, but he's a negative blotch on this team. trade him for either another WR and pick or for a higher pick.

Oline, amazingly, is fine. It'd be nice to have a more durable LT, but hopefully Luke breaking his leg will mean his back will be 100 % healthy next season.

DE in the first round, bank on it. DT's are fine, maybe pick up a veteran if Robbins leaves. Willie Joe and Coefield are fine.

Emmons has to say, like it or not with outr injury plagued team we can't afford to lose an experienced LB that at times can play half decent.

We need to treat our CB's like we've been treating our DE's. just stockpile a shitload of young talented CB's through the draft and maybe draft LSU's FS.

Oline, amazingly, is fine. It'd be nice to have a more durable LT, but hopefully Luke breaking his leg will mean his back will be 100 % healthy next season.

:LMAO::TU:

DE in the first round, bank on it. DT's are fine, maybe pick up a veteran if Robbins leaves. Willie Joe and Coefield are fine.

Didn't we let some DT go to Arizone? We're not letting Robbins go. DE? We got Osi, Stra, Tuck, and Kiwi.. r u nuts?

Emmons has to say, like it or not with outr injury plagued team we can't afford to lose an experienced LB that at times can play half decent.

He doesn't play well at all. The guy sucks. I swear I can play better than him.. and I'm 5 6". No not exaggerating.. that's how bad this guy sucks.

We need to treat our CB's like we've been treating our DE's. just stockpile a shitload of young talented CB's through the draft and maybe draft LSU's FS.

We only 53 men on the roster. We need quality CBs. One shutdown corner. .like a champ baily. But our D Backfiled needs an overall.... though demps was playing better of late.

:LMAO::TU:

Didn't we let some DT go to Arizone? We're not letting Robbins go. DE? We got Osi, Stra, Tuck, and Kiwi.. r u nuts?

He doesn't play well at all. The guy sucks. I swear I can play better than him.. and I'm 5 6". No not exaggerating.. that's how bad this guy sucks.

We only 53 men on the roster. We need quality CBs. One shutdown corner. .like a champ baily. But our D Backfiled needs an overall.... though demps was playing better of late.

What i meant was Emmons has experience and we can't seem to keep out LB's healthy, even if he isn't on the 53 man roster we should keep him somewhere.

I was joking about drafting a DE. Yeah we let Clancy gfo to Arizona last year.

Also, i mean we need to focus on CB's like we have DE's. Get 2 or 3 talented young CB's in the next couple drafts using high picks. Our secondary is awefull, but It's not entirely the players fault. We play too much zone, seems we only blitz the first quarter. As soon as someone scores, be it us or the other team, we go to zone coverage.

I really wish Tom Coughlin worked out.

Last year was probably the ugliest 11-5 ever. I hate that we have to fire a coach after 3 seasons. But it's time for him and his philosphy to go. All the assistants need to go too.

The Giants are screwed in 2007. No Tiki, new coach, new system. If we make the playoffs it will be the standard one and done variety.

This year was supposed to be the year the Giants could go to and win the Superbowl. Now we may be set back more than two seasons. Who knows how long Strahan and Toomer can perform at a high level. We need those guys to win a superbowl. Eli needs the reliable target and the defense needs Strahan's presence and skill. We don't have anyone to replace Toomer or Strahan. If we find someone to replace them we may not see them fully develop until '08. Arrington has to be in even worse shape coming into next season. So our LBs are a concern again.

This season was devastating to the franchise. It will be a while until Eli makes it to the superbowl...maybe by 2010... <_<

If we keep Coughlin we need to rid ourselves of Tim Lewis and continue to rebuild the secondary, through the draft. We need another running back...although TC, huff-hole and Gilbride didn't use Jacobs much I'm not convinced he can be a starter yet. Honestly Plax needs to stay, his talent is too great and who are we going to get in return? If we have Toomer for a whole season the passing game should be better than this season or 2005.

I believe Coughlin stays since he does have one more year and to one more your to prove himself. Lewis is gone and possibly the rest of the staff. The special team return team is a joke and needs to be fixed once agian. How many times have we gone through this? This was the first game all year where I did not blame the play calling. It was decent, except for Manning missing wide open receivers, but this is not a thread for ranting. What do we do about the RB position? We are going to miss Barber. Hopefully we can find someone to replace him. What are we going to do about the GM position? I hope we hire someone out of the organization. One last thing, if we fire Coughlin, it will be a big mistake.

I think the playcalling was a piece of shit again. We were on the 50 twice in the first quarter and threw the ball on first down, ran on second, and on 3rd and 8-12 we had to throw. And when we were on the 5 on first down we throw a mid screen? What the fuck? Why dont you bring in the 265 lb back and pound it through the line? Then second down instead of bringing him in again, we run a weak off tackle with Tiki. Then 3rd down we call a jump play to Shockey with a bum ankle...

I don't know whats worse, watching these calls or the Dolphins play calling. Bottom line is, if Tommy boy wants to keep his job he needs to fire everyone under him and bring in some good coordinators and get the guy who gets Tiki in shape. Injuries and bad play calling are going to ruin any team. I would love to see Mike Martz come in as the OC. Also I've heard rumors about Marshal Faulk wanting to come out of retirement and play for Martz. If we could land Martz from the Lions and bring in Faulk for atleast a year and pick up a young back, we could be well off with Jacobs, Faulk, and maybe a guy like Turner.

And about Arrington, he wasnt playing the best football of his career but he started to come on in the Dallas game where he got injured. He was playing solid and our D was BALLIN, but having to play Carlos "The fucking slug" Emmon (Did you fucking see those 2 end arounds he had contain on?) It's hard to stop a team. We need to go after GOOD DB's not fuckin injured, old, retarded, over used corners and safties. Pay the dude from the Bills what ever the fuck he wants and bring him over. Pay the DB's what they want. If we could get some type of coverage in the secondary our D could be a great one. Oh but we need to get a new scheme, and not that soft ass pussy zone that Lewis goes into.

Either Coughlin leaves or not, but his retarded Co-Ordinators should not be allowed within 10 miles of this organization. Atleast get some very capable co-ordinators who have 'brains'. Go for the Titans DC big time. Or Whisenhunt, but I guess he would be getting a head-coaching chance.

RB situation is a little grim, but I guess Jacobs should be able to shoulder the responsibility. He has had 2 years of tutalage under the very best.

OL - Fine, but Bob Shitfield needs to be assassinated.

DL - Fine

LB - Not too good, might go LBer in the first round of the draft

Secondary - Horseshit....i have no idea what can be done about those bums

STs - Get a speedy returner. I heard Sinorice was good at returning kicks and punts. Did they try him out this year at all?

There is a Chance TC keeps his job, but I do not think it would be a good thing. Yes the coordinators need to go, the play calling sucks but the game mangement sucks too. They are never left with TimeOuts at the end of the game. Two timeouts yesterday and the GIANTS would havew gotten the ball back instead of watching the clock tick to the game winning field goal.

The first thing the New GM should do is fire the coaching staff and bring in a new one. The only coach who should stck around is the O-line coach but if your new coach doesnt want him...out you go. This team needs an attitude adjustment, and chopping heads might do it.

The draft has to include the best CB available, if the talent is not in the draft find a Free Agent. With a new scheme maybe Webster will not be so bad, even if he is you will still have McQ and Madison. I really think Scheme is the biggest problem this defense had all season, but one young talented CB will go a long way.

LB- Blackburn Peirce and Arrington will be a solid starting crew with Emmons as an expensive back-up there is a need for a young LB (Maybe even two) to come in with some energy and kick up the pass rush.

A WR that can catch the ball accross the middle. Speed does not matter, this team has enough Tim Carter with his speed and 10 thumbs. Give me a player with dependable hands and nerves of steel. Like Colston on the Saints- Last pick in the draft out of Hostra. Had a rep for making the big play and having great hands. Comes into the league catches 70 balls for 1000+ yards and 8 TD's. (Good thing we got Moss instead.. huh)

KICK RETURNER!!!!!- This was the most glaring thing missing from yeserdays game. Shit I was missing Chad Morton. Sinorice is not a return man, and McQ should never have a ball intentionaly sent in his direction again.

We have a long wait untill April

A late draft pick should go to a shifty RB. Someone that is a nice change of pace from the punishment that will be Jacobs.

Either Coughlin leaves or not, but his retarded Co-Ordinators should not be allowed within 10 miles of this organization. Atleast get some very capable co-ordinators who have 'brains'. Go for the Titans DC big time. Or Whisenhunt, but I guess he would be getting a head-coaching chance.

RB situation is a little grim, but I guess Jacobs should be able to shoulder the responsibility. He has had 2 years of tutalage under the very best.

OL - Fine, but Bob Shitfield needs to be assassinated.

DL - Fine

LB - Not too good, might go LBer in the first round of the draft

Secondary - Horseshit....i have no idea what can be done about those bums

STs - Get a speedy returner. I heard Sinorice was good at returning kicks and punts. Did they try him out this year at all?

yes they did . After Morton got hurt Sinorice was returning kick offs and was looking good .

I notice everyone wants to fire Coughlin. Who the hell do you think were going to get to replace him? He isnt going anywhere.

I've been thinking hard about this. Yesterday I found a pretty big rock behind my house. It has some very human features to it. In fact, it looks more human than TC. And I think it can actually deliver discipline from the players. Yeah, the rock for coach.

Or the caveman, either one is cool.

What's needed is a return to smashmouth football with this team, simple as that. In fact with a QB that is still developing like Eli and who clearly has flaws. We actually have the type of offensive line to do this. A running back to compliment Jacobs is necessary in free agency IMO. The draft should be left for filling serious holes.

I hope we draft a linebacker in the 1st round this year. There have been a lot of good players coming out, and we have a tendency to take guys in the later rounds, in the hopes we get a steal. Emmons needs to go IMO, if for nothing else to get a fresh start because he's been poor overall. I'm not happy with Pierce's play either, I thought he underperformed also, and I was one of those saying last year that we lost because he was out, but we lost with him this year, perhaps if he has some talent around him, he'd be better off. Chase Blackburn should only ever be a backup and we're in trouble if he starts, he brings energy off the bench and that's what we need. And we'll see what Lavar does next year.

Our Secondary is a strange situation. I can't help feeling that if this team played a different scheme that they'd be much better. Our corners have been told to play off the wide receivers, and that's to our disadvantage. I like Dockery and Jason Bell. I think if Gibril went to another team he'd be huge, we don't play to his strengths at all, (Gibril should be blitzing, not MCQ). If Demps made half the tackles he missed this year it would have made a huge difference, he hopefully will play better next year. You can't change much at the corners, McQ was okay, but he needs to play nickel only. Webster has shown little, but I think he deserves another year. I'm willing to bet madison will be better next year and his coverage was much better later in the season.

On the def line, I'm stoked. Kiwi and Osi played well yesterday and you bring Stra back and Tuck and you have the strongest part of the team. I can't see Joseph being back, although I'm not down on him because he brings pressure all the time. Cofield and Robbins will anchor the line again next year and Cofiled should be better, however some backup wouldn't go amiss in the later rounds in the draft. (You could see a push to get Warren sapp in)

I'd replace Feely as kicker. Yesterday Feely's' last kickoff landed at the Philly 15 and they returned it to the 34. That's shitty. The confidence level in Feely is gone IMO. He's not worth the money we pay him. I love Feagles, I'll leave it at that.

I'd make no changes on offensive line except that it's possible O'Hara will be gone, so Seubert moves to center. The Giants should make an attempt to lock these guys to extended contracts before next year IMO, especially Snee, who's Pro Bowl level. Take care Bob Whitfield.

Eli needs to be judged with a new coach on board who'll get in his face and with veteran backup who can actually play and put pressure on Eli to perform better. Get rid of Hasselbach and if the Giants want Lorenzen to be a freak show, make him a full back and free up the slot for someone who doesn't have a serious weight problem.

Jim Finn is okay, I think he's going to have to sharpen his catching skills, because I feel he's going to be catching more passes next season.

Shockey is still the man, this offense IMO now goes as Shockey goes. Get rid of Shiancoe, again veteran tight end help is a must here, preferably with good blocking ability.

You have Burress and Toomer and probably Moss as your receivers next year. Tim Carter needs to be on someone else's payroll. If ever a team needed a possession receiver, this is it. A Joe Jurevicius type would be key. It may sound nuts, but somebody like Ike Hilliard would not be a bad move here, we all now Ike has no fear and he's wasted in Tampa Bay, plus he'd be cheap.

Coaching, all of them need to go. This team needs a new GM and that new GM needs his own staff and not inherit the old one. Tom Coughlin could probably go back to college and be a fine college coach, but it's time to move on. However we may be stuck with him because the field of good coaches just narrowed. Cowher is gone for at least a year and Weis probably won't leave ND, until they win a bowl game. Perhaps they can coax Pete Carroll to leave USC as I think he'd be a great fit, or maybe Norman Chow.