SportsWrath

THE BLAME GAME! AFTER ALL IT'S NOT TOM'S FAULT

boohyah

Who do you blame the most for the Giants mess this year, since it's clearly not Tom Coughlin's fault. ;)

I blame it squarely on the Shoulders of Tiki barber, how could that lazy fucker not have 3000 yards by now.

Any other suggestions?

I Blame it on 3 veterans

AMANI

LUKE

STRAHAN

they should know better than to get hurt hafve way threw a good season

back when we were 6-2 ahhhh those where tha days .....

You know, you're right: it is all Tom Coughlin's fault.

1. He has a secret whistle that only Plaxico Burress can hear that he blows whenever there is an opportunity for an oppenent to get an interception and gain some yards;
  2. He has a remote control that makes Whitfield headbutt opponents;
  3. He has instructed the players that if he makes a coaching mistake like a stupid field goal try, they are to maximize the impact by immediately walking off the field, whether the whistle blew or not;
  4. He used ventriloquism to make Strahan talk about how he was going to chew out Plaxico on the radio;
  5. He was the one that was leaking to the press what went on in a "players only" meeting;
  6. On Sportcenter, someone mentioned Brandon Jacobs talking about how some of the players are talking about their vacations while they still have a chance (if they bothered) of making the playoffs. This never happened;
  7. Nor did this quote from Tiki Barber just this week.

Don't worry about the link: it's from a conference for the Washington sports press. This is just where I read it.

On if he has lost his passion to play football:

“Absolutely not, because on Sunday afternoons I am as competitive and as passionate a person as there comes. During the week I am sitting in a meeting and instead of being solely focused on the Washington Redskins I will be thinking about other things. In the off season for instance I had a chance to come down your way for the White House Correspondence dinner. These things became more important to me than being up here working out. I knew that it was becoming time for me mentally and couple that with the beatings I have taken as a running back in this league, it made sense to me on a personal level and it was something I was eager to do.”

WTF!?! He hasn't lost his passion for the game, just everything else that playing the sport professionally entails?

8. This team has never pulled this shit before, and it's shocking to even think that they would do it now.
You guys are right--there's not enough blame to go around, so it should all be heaped on Coughlin. Our players are all altruistic heroes. Surely, being called an ass and having your ability questioned by your players in the press is typical for a professional football team. Certainly, that won't have an impact on morale, either.

Coughlin needs to go, but let's not be naive about what's going on either.

Who do you blame the most for the Giants mess this year, since it's clearly not Tom Coughlin's fault. ;)

I blame it squarely on the Shoulders of Tiki barber, how could that lazy fucker not have 3000 yards by now.

Any other suggestions?

I blame the fans and the Jews.

Any other suggestions?

I don't know, but is it all coincidence that Tiki declares retirement and the team starts playing like shit? Talk about creating an unecessary distraction. Who announces retirement early int he season?

I don't know, but is it all coincidence that Tiki declares retirement and the team starts playing like shit? Talk about creating an unecessary distraction. Who announces retirement early int he season?

I was very dissapointed when tiki announced his retirement so earlly in the season. But you would think the other players would have a "Lets win out for Tiki" mentallity? I guess, if they didn't do it for Mr. Mara, they certainly ain't going to do it for Tiki.

I don't think that story was leaked intentionally, but when the rumors started flying, you can't blame Tiki for quieting the rumors, just getting the story out there, and trying to concentrate on football as opposed to having all the players have to answer question after question about whether or not the rumor is true.

although I agree that Coughlin has done an awful job with this team since midseason, I have to cast some blame on the laziness of Plaxico, the mouth of Shockey and Tiki Barber. I love Tiki, great player, solid year, but when he says things like "I knew after the way my body felt in Philly in week 2 I was done" and his latest quote in kissing the ass of the DC media I have to wonder how into it he was? He is a leader on this team and when guys see a leader that is losing interest it has its trickle down effects. With that being said its Coughlins fault to bring this bunch together.

By the way, scroll down and read this, the thoughts of these folks, Casserly, Sherman and Morningweig make me want to sign TC to a 15 year deal. No way this happens does it :cwy:nightmare

Scroll down to the notes posted 9:21 Dec 28th updated at 10:01 am :(

When you have talent that's not acheiving its potential, the fault falls squarely on the head coach. The atmosphere was created for these guys to be vocal. You can bet Tiki would think twice about making that announcement with Parcells around. If he did, you would have seen a lot more of Jacobs. Coughlin lost this team last year at the Carolina game.

When you have talent that's not acheiving its potential, the fault falls squarely on the head coach. The atmosphere was created for these guys to be vocal. You can bet Tiki would think twice about making that announcement with Parcells around. If he did, you would have seen a lot more of Jacobs. Coughlin lost this team last year at the Carolina game.

I agree. But I do agree Shockey had to say something after the Seattle game. I mean, he was right. After that, this team started playing alot better after those comments. This coaching staff is awful, and the players know it.

right on.

I don't think that story was leaked intentionally, but when the rumors started flying, you can't blame Tiki for quieting the rumors, just getting the story out there, and trying to concentrate on football as opposed to having all the players have to answer question after question about whether or not the rumor is true.

good point.