SportsWrath

Getting back on track

Lughead

ok ok whats done is done . What do the Giants have to do to get back on track ? besides all the childish remarks in here bench everybody fire all the coaches blah blah blah.

what can we do with what we have ? and when will we get some defensive players back? what has to change on the offence ? is it the blocking schemes or play execution? Eli has been in a funk and every one wants his head. well why is he in this funk and what can be done to change it ? we all know he is NOT going to be benched. Tiki is not himeself since we lost Luke so something should be addressed there. Is the fact the Luke is gone that Eli has been playing worse?

The Giants have not had a Secondary to speak of in years and they get beat with no trouble at all . Do we need a new secondary coach? or do we need new players or is it that we cant read the offence?

So tell me what can we realisticly do ? what would you do if you were Tom. Give us the reason and what your actions will accomplish

(I also posted this on giants.com form some reason I dont know why LOL)

I don't know what WE need to do....but this is what I am going to do: I am NO LONGER supporting this team. Call it what u may...quitting, disowning, jumpin' ship, etc.. But we on this MB care more about the play calling and personell (it seems) more than the Giants do. And I cannot be a part of stressing out hoping they win the last 5 games. For what????

A big FUCK YOU goes out to the Giants.

I don't know what WE need to do....but this is what I am going to do: I am NO LONGER supporting this team. Call it what u may...quitting, disowning, jumpin' ship, etc.. But we on this MB care more about the play calling and personell (it seems) more than the Giants do. And I cannot be a part of stressing out hoping they win the last 5 games. For what????

A big FUCK YOU goes out to the Giants.

oh come on big gun just cause we hit a 3 game slide dont mean we cant come back and win it all .

well not with who we have on defence right now but I figure we get the starters back and do something with our OL blocking and let ELi get his head back and we got a chance to win big .

so if you jump off the wagon now how can you come back at the end of december like nothing happened ?

After 3 consecutive losses, we're still in good shape.. thanks to a terrible NFC. Take a good look at the standings. (with the eagles losing tonight), 11 out of 16 teams are below .500.

What we need to do is simple. Win. Of course a win against the cowboys is a must. You win that and you're atop the division and are still in the hunt for the 2nd seed in the NFC.

The problem is HOW can we win... Bench Plax... put players out there who will give 100% effort. I don't care if they're back ups. A back up that gives 100% on every play beats any star starter who gives up on plays day in day out and is afraid of getting tackled.

Secondly, let someone else call the plays... Eli or Coughlin.. just let Huf shit go.

I honestly don't know anymore. All I do know is I need to get my mind straight for this week in school and get focused.

This really is gonna be a shitty week <_<

That kind of sums it up for me. Am looking at a heavy work week, lots of handholding to do since this was a holiday weekend ( am a clinical therapist dealing with substance abusers); doing renovations in the house; trying to keep an even keel right now. But these Giants really disappoint me right about now. I do watch baseball and basketball (Mets and Knicks...with a little Nets here and there), but I live and die with the Giants since seeing them as a five year old in '69. Its like the love of your life has left you standing in the rain.

After 3 consecutive losses, we're still in good shape.. thanks to a terrible NFC. Take a good look at the standings. (with the eagles losing tonight), 11 out of 16 teams are below .500.

What we need to do is simple. Win. Of course a win against the cowboys is a must. You win that and you're atop the division and are still in the hunt for the 2nd seed in the NFC.

The problem is HOW can we win... Bench Plax... put players out there who will give 100% effort. I don't care if they're back ups. A back up that gives 100% on every play beats any star starter who gives up on plays day in day out and is afraid of getting tackled.

Secondly, let someone else call the plays... Eli or Coughlin.. just let Huf shit go.

HuffHole must go....just like McVay had to be run out of town after the Fumble....how many Fumble's does HuffHole get?

Hmm...

I'd sit Plax. Period. Like Nas said... a backup giving 100% beats a star doing 60%. Also, it'd be a big "fuck you" to him, which he deserves.

Fire Huff. Fire him. What's the worst that can happen?

Let Eli call the plays. Again... what's the worst that can happen? And at least if he throws 2 picks every game, we'll know it's HIM that sucks instead of the coaches.

Stop playing 10 yards off the recievers on every down.

When we're up by 21... let Brandon Jacobs destroy people.

Maybe go to a 3-4 until we get our DEs back? Seawright in the middle with robbins and Joseph at the ends? Not too sure about this myself, just throwing it out there.

That's it.

Hmm...

I'd sit Plax. Period. Like Nas said... a backup giving 100% beats a star doing 60%. Also, it'd be a big "fuck you" to him, which he deserves.

Fire Huff. Fire him. What's the worst that can happen?

Let Eli call the plays. Again... what's the worst that can happen? And at least if he throws 2 picks every game, we'll know it's HIM that sucks instead of the coaches.

Stop playing 10 yards off the recievers on every down.

When we're up by 21... let Brandon Jacobs destroy people.

Maybe go to a 3-4 until we get our DEs back? Seawright in the middle with robbins and Joseph at the ends? Not too sure about this myself, just throwing it out there.

That's it.

Kiwi and Robbins on the outside a little bit better.

Do we have 4 LBs active right now?

I agree. Give Eli what he doesn't deserve. The right to call the plays at the LOS. I'm not being sarcastic. He doesn't deserve it, but it needs to be done.

Kiwi and Robbins on the outside a little bit better.

Do we have 4 LBs active right now?

I agree. Give Eli what he doesn't deserve. The right to call the plays at the LOS. I'm not being sarcastic. He doesn't deserve it, but it needs to be done.

yeah he cant handle the 2 minute hurry up offence :doh:

how is calling for coughlin's firing 'childish'. he's either going to be fired or extended at the end of the year, we have a new gm coming in, and we just 3 winnable games in a row, including blowing a 21 point lead to one of the owrst teams in the NFL. how exactly how coughlin earned the right to indisputably keep his job?

how is calling for coughlin's firing 'childish'. he's either going to be fired or extended at the end of the year, we have a new gm coming in, and we just 3 winnable games in a row, including blowing a 21 point lead to one of the owrst teams in the NFL. how exactly how coughlin earned the right to indisputably keep his job?

oh so losing the last 3 games was all Coughlins fault? Damn, I didnt realize that. Well then it's clear we fire him and hire you . you seem to have all the answers. but yet can't seem to tell us what they are.

oh so losing the last 3 games was all Coughlins fault? Damn, I didnt realize that. Well then it's clear we fire him and hire you . you seem to have all the answers. but yet can't seem to tell us what they are.

no, underachieving is his fault. even during our winning streak we underachieved. how can you watch these games and not be disappointed with the coaching staff? do you really think we are a .500 team? everything starts with the coaching and it's clear these players have quit on coughlin. and i dont have to have the answers to know that he's not the right coach for this team--and if i did i'd be an NFL coach, not talking to you

Lughead, let me say it now before you say some of us jump bakc on the bandwagon in December. i think this team is it get's healthy will still make the playoffs, but we won't be in much of a position to do anything in them because we probably will have no homefield advantage. Talent alone should get us into the playoffs, because this team has a lot of talent. But coaching will win playoff games and make the difference down the stretch. I would love............LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, for Tom Coughlin, Hunagel, Kilbride, pope and Lewis to turn the fucking corner and coach this team the way they should be coached and be successful. I don't give a flying fuck if I'm wrong in my choices because I don't coach the team, I just want them to win. But this team has an offense than mirrors the teams that won the superbowls, and in some positions they are better. Our offensive line is good, we have better running backs/tight ends are equal and our wide receivers are a little better. Tom has a shit load of injuries, especially on defense. He needs to pound the fucking ball with the run, loosen up the d and then spread the field and I don't think you can be sim,pler than that. Our defense is crippled with injuries, we should be looking at time sapping drives that keeps them off the field as much as possible. That's what I think we should do.

Let me give Tom a break today. Kiwi had a brain fart/ Frank walker hits a fucking guy while he's out of bounds and gets a 15 yard penalty/ Plaxico was actually being Plaxico today if you know what I mean. Also let's keep in mind something else that's important today, the Titans played fucking well the second half and Vince Young had a great game (whenever Brian Baldinger took his dick out of his mouth long enough!!!). That team has some weapons and are going to be good and they are at home. Plus last week these guys went into Philly and whupped them and lost to the Ravens by a point. they are improving.

To sum it up, based on our performances now along with the coaching, we may get in the back door but that's it. And if we do, then the coaches should go, because like Midas says, the pieces are in place for this team to win the whole thing, they really are.

The secondary is hopeless. We do need a new coach and I think the talent level of our players just arent there. Good CB are very hard to come by though. We need our pass rush. We need Osi and Strahan back. We need Madison back...starting with McQuarters. Webster can go on IR for all I care. We need Short he was doing a great job at getting to the passer. We don't have much of a pass rush from our LBs anymore.

We need Moss, yes need. Our offense needs something different to happen maybe he can be the spark to get Eli and the rest of the offense back.

Forget about the rushing title for Tiki. He got 1000 yards already, we can reduce his carries significantly. He hasn't been running the same. Maybe he's nearing the cliff he is afraid of. Jacobs should get HALF of Tiki's carries.

no, underachieving is his fault. even during our winning streak we underachieved. how can you watch these games and not be disappointed with the coaching staff? do you really think we are a .500 team? everything starts with the coaching and it's clear these players have quit on coughlin. and i dont have to have the answers to know that he's not the right coach for this team--and if i did i'd be an NFL coach, not talking to you

I dont mean to come off as coughlin homer. I justwanted to know what can we do realisticly ? you know John Mara is not going to fire coughlin in mid season . is this the last year on his contract?

I wish we had a bye week.

Eli's slump can't be explained...he's just totally sucking right now. The playcalling was fairly heavy on the run but we still managed to lose.

We just need to get healthy.

I'll give it a try. Its because he fucking sucks....

I'll give it a try. Its because he fucking sucks....

I think we're beginning to forget how good he can be. Including me.

He needs rhythm. We should be running almost a west coast offense with him. Short passes that don't stay in the air longer than 5 yards. We have the recievers that can make short passes into large gains (Plax, Shockey, Tiki). With the occasional deep ball (15+ yds 2 or 3 times a game) THAT GETS CAUGHT! Eli can come around.

To get Eli out of this slump will take lots of coaching (what we don't have) because it seems he can't take himself out of it.

If he remains unresponsive and plays just as shitty as he has the last three games. The QB position becomes a major question in the offseason.

I dont mean to come off as coughlin homer. I justwanted to know what can we do realisticly ? you know John Mara is not going to fire coughlin in mid season . is this the last year on his contract?

no no no i dont mean right now, i meant at the end of the season. coughlin has one year left on his contract and our ownership never lets coaches go into their last year. they either fire them or extend them. plus we have a new gm coming in and new gm's like to have their own coaches. so i think it's very plausible that tomwill be gone if this keeps up.

as for the rest of this season, like booyah said, even if we back into the phlayoffs we're still toast. think about the last two years. for the most part when we have more talent we tend to win, but when the talent level is even and it comes down to coaching..... well ask the bears, jags, seahawks, colts and panthers how we do in those games

He needs rhythm. We should be running almost a west coast offense with him. Short passes that don't stay in the air longer than 5 yards. We have the recievers that can make short passes into large gains (Plax, Shockey, Tiki). With the occasional deep ball (15+ yds 2 or 3 times a game) THAT GETS CAUGHT! Eli can come around.

To get Eli out of this slump will take lots of coaching (what we don't have) because it seems he can't take himself out of it.

If he remains unresponsive and plays just as shitty as he has the last three games. The QB position becomes a major question in the offseason.

I agree with you...the West Coast Offense would work wonders for this kid in that there are at least 4 targets available each pass play. Even the Giants of old would check down to a pass to a running back and make an occasional first down or two.

Sorry man, But Eli throw WAy to many over and under thrown balls.