SportsWrath

SO now everyone is counting us out..

Nas

Ok Giants fans. Enough. Yes we made mistakes against Seattle.. and against Philly. Our defense does look clueless out there. But nothing I saw that wasn't correctable in the short term. We have 2 weeks to get ready to beat the crap out of the skins (another division opponent). The way I see it, whether we lost by 1 or 100, it still is a loss.

We're 1-2 after facing 3 worthy opponents. In one of those losses we played very well in case you forgot. I say to those Giants fans who will be at the stadium in 2 weeks, rock the place. Cheer our team to 2-2 (and 2-0 division record.. we know that's very important).

I'm not counting this team out and I'm not giving up on my beloved Giants. I think what we need to do is obvious:

• Run the damn ball. This will open up our receivers so we can have more effeicient passing game. Right now the only team that's been able to stop our run is Philly and we did the same to their running game and everyone else's running game for that matter.

• Discipline. These guys are professional. Get a play off (no false strats), catch the damn ball, and Hold on to the damn ball.

• Rotate our DL. Fresh legs are needed there. Rotate Strahan, Osi, Tuck, and Kiwanuka. They're far deadlier that way.

• Rotate our LBs too (not AP). But Lavar and Emmons can definitely take a seat sometimes.
That's it. I'm looking forward to meeting the skins. Go Giants!!!

Ehhh...you want to be winners you win, you beat the best. We stole a game and miserably lost two others. While our team as a whole only catch on during garbage time. We're not the best...we may not be even average.

You should know the Giants better than this. They don't make dramatic turnarounds for the better. I can't see anything happening at this point. The team has gotten progressively worse over three games. We played probably the best team in NFL pretty tough...then we played a good divisional opponent and stole a win...then we played the best team in the NFC and got blown out. But for 10 of 12 quarters of football we looked like GARBAGE. This optimism stems from from TWO OKAY QUARTERS IN GARBAGE TIME!

The Giants will at best finish 8-8. Unless they pull a very un-Giant-like turnaround. We can't correct our miserable coaching in the short term.

No team morale + incompetent coaching = losing season

yeah its pretty simple.

I do have to say.... history shows that when the Giants are the underdog... they have a tendacy to surprise.... so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. maybe? Im holding out some kinda hope.

yeah its pretty simple.

I do have to say.... history shows that when the Giants are the underdog... they have a tendacy to surprise.... so maybe this is a blessing in disguise. maybe? Im holding out some kinda hope.

History shows that the Giants haven't had consecutive winning seasons in a LONG time.

The problem isn't so much execution, execution can be worked out throu a season. Our problem is stubborn coaches who continue to run game plans that fail week after week. 2 weeks in a row we took the ball out of our best players hands in the 1st quarter and relied on a young QB to throw too often. And this dates back to last year too, how many games did Eli throw the ball 40+ times? We have a great running duo yet we take the ball away from them.

The problem isn't so much execution, execution can be worked out throu a season. Our problem is stubborn coaches who continue to run game plans that fail week after week. 2 weeks in a row we took the ball out of our best players hands in the 1st quarter and relied on a young QB to throw too often. And this dates back to last year too, how many games did Eli throw the ball 40+ times? We have a great running duo yet we take the ball away from them.

I agree. I'm sorry, but Huffnuts is just too damn predictable. I swear to you, this past sunday was the first time I saw a play action pass being called. Our RB were averging more than 6 yards a carry in the first few runs, and we go to the pass when were clearly struggling.

I hate to sound like a Pollyanna, but Hufnagle did the same thing last year: pass heavily early in the season, rely on a relatively fresh Barber late in the season. Over the course of the season, this makes a degree of sense--your passing ability is potentially reduced to weather conditions in the north east in November/December, and you need a strong running game then. If you rely on the running game early on, you risk wearing your backs down by season's end.

Of course down 21-0 by the second quarter, rushing doesn't seem to be an option.

But then, I don't think our problem is offense--we have yet to score under 25 points. We're developing "Dan Fouts Syndrome."

I hate to sound like a Pollyanna, but Hufnagle did the same thing last year: pass heavily early in the season, rely on a relatively fresh Barber late in the season. Over the course of the season, this makes a degree of sense--your passing ability is potentially reduced to weather conditions in the north east in November/December, and you need a strong running game then. If you rely on the running game early on, you risk wearing your backs down by season's end.

Of course down 21-0 by the second quarter, rushing doesn't seem to be an option.

But then, I don't think our problem is offense--we have yet to score under 25 points. We're developing "Dan Fouts Syndrome."

The reason we were down 21-0 is because we got pass-happy and threw interceptions.

This team needs to get back to basics. Run the ball. And Hufengul (sp) can keep Barber fresh by utilizing Jacobs more.

The reason we were down 21-0 is because we got pass-happy and threw interceptions.

This team needs to get back to basics. Run the ball. And Hufengul (sp) can keep Barber fresh by utilizing Jacobs more.

Thank you Nas. Its about time someone said what the problem was. Turnovers will kill ya everytime. We threw 3 INT's early on, which they scored on. Thats 21 points, not from a deadly Seahawk attack, but from turnovers. And sorry people, but we played ONE terrible game. The Colts game was played great, and the Eagles just got a jump on us, one which we came back and beat. The Seahawks put a pounding on us, but again, not because we are horrible and they are great, but because of mistakes. What this team needs is a kick in the ass, better play calling(more running) will only help.

Dont let on e bad game happen, then start spewing garbage like we suck. :brooding:

Thank you Nas. Its about time someone said what the problem was. Turnovers will kill ya everytime. We threw 3 INT's early on, which they scored on. Thats 21 points, not from a deadly Seahawk attack, but from turnovers. And sorry people, but we played ONE terrible game. The Colts game was played great, and the Eagles just got a jump on us, one which we came back and beat. The Seahawks put a pounding on us, but again, not because we are horrible and they are great, but because of mistakes. What this team needs is a kick in the ass, better play calling(more running) will only help.

Dont let on e bad game happen, then start spewing garbage like we suck. :brooding:

Yes sir. Case in point we outgained the Seahawks.