SportsWrath

Shockey says G-Men were "outcoached"

shooboxx

I dunno if this is going over the line for a player speaking out after a game or just speaking the truth...

"We got outplayed, and outcoached. Write that down," the volatile tight end said after he was told of Coughlin's frustrated outburst.

Shockey had four catches for 58, inconsequential yards.

When asked what he meant by "outcoached" Shockey said, "You saw the game."

Giants Flattened

We need less talk and more on-the-field performance. Shocky needs to learn his 1 of 53 players. I'm tired of his over-hyped ass making comments like this to the press. Be a fucking team player and grow up.

yeah I have to agree with you there. Its all good to be pissy after the fact...but it doesnt make a difference once the team has basically been humiliated.

yeah I have to agree with you there. Its all good to be pissy after the fact...but it doesnt make a difference once the team has basically been humiliated.

YOu know what...I actually don't blame him for saying it. He called out both the players and coaches with that comment.

I gotta agree with Shockey there, though.

Shockey hasn't exactly been the superstar he's supposed to be either. Every week in the NFL 16 coaches or so get outcoached by other coaches.. so what's his point? Is he saying TC sucks? Come on now.. let's be men and not point fingers.

If Shockey is a Giant next year, I'll be surprised. Between his frustration and this teams coaching, it's a bad mix. There are dozens of coaches out there that would love to have him. Imagine what parcells would do with him.

He's not lying. We were out everythinged.

If Shockey is a Giant next year, I'll be surprised. Between his frustration and this teams coaching, it's a bad mix. There are dozens of coaches out there that would love to have him. Imagine what parcells would do with him.

I know we were outcoached. I made that claim long before shockey did. I pointed to our play calling. But let's face it, the players didn't show up either.. including shockey. The point is you don't embarrass the coaching staff by saying shit like that to the press. It shows lack of discipline. Has shockey not dropped a pass before? Has he not been called for a false start?

Just look at Eli's mannerism and how he handles adversity. Shockey should learn from the kid.

And let's not kid ourselves. Shockey hasn't lived up to the hype. He's talented I know but he has not been consistent. And ALWAYS limping.

I know we were outcoached. I made that claim long before shockey did. I pointed to our play calling. But let's face it, the players didn't show up either.. including shockey. The point is you don't embarrass the coaching staff by saying shit like that to the press. It shows lack of discipline. Has shockey not dropped a pass before? Has he not been called for a false start?

Just look at Eli's mannerism and how he handles adversity. Shockey should learn from the kid.

And let's not kid ourselves. Shockey hasn't lived up to the hype. He's talented I know but he has not been consistent. And ALWAYS limping.

Eli showed up a vet Bob Whitfield at the line of scrimmage last year in one game.

No offense, but Eli makes more mistakes out there than Shockey. Shockey is wide open on certain plays and he's looked off.

Eli showed up a vet Bob Whitfield at the line of scrimmage last year in one game.

No offense, but Eli makes more mistakes out there than Shockey. Shockey is wide open on certain plays and he's looked off.

Sometimes a QB has to get someone's attention that way. But that's beyond the point. The point I'm making is Shockey should learn to be a good team-player. Him embarrassing the coaching staff like that was uncalled for. We all know we were outcoached... but the players were outplayed too... so what's his point?

I'm sorry, but I can't get mad at Shockey at all. I know what he's feeling...kind of. The coaching staff needs to be called out. They can't just pin it on the players. The won't adjust they won't succeed.

AP is right:

"Right now," linebacker Antonio Pierce said entering New York's bye week, "we're a horrible team."

:TD: Double digit losses are looming.

I'm sorry, but I can't get mad at Shockey at all. I know what he's feeling...kind of. The coaching staff needs to be called out. They can't just pin it on the players. The won't adjust they won't succeed.

AP is right:

:TD: Double digit losses are looming.

Hey, I'm not disagreeing with shockey.. at all. I was the first to point out the horrible play calling.. long before the game was over. I'm contesting Shockey's method of going to the press to say that. It embarrasses the coaching staff and it's not good for the chemistry of the team.... he can say all that shit in the locker room.. not to the press.

Sometimes a QB has to get someone's attention that way. But that's beyond the point. The point I'm making is Shockey should learn to be a good team-player. Him embarrassing the coaching staff like that was uncalled for. We all know we were outcoached... but the players were outplayed too... so what's his point?

Bob Whitfield is a 13 year vet. He made a false start because he had just got in the game for the first time.

I think Shockey is a very good team player if you ask me. He wants to win.

Shockey hasn't exactly been the superstar he's supposed to be either. Every week in the NFL 16 coaches or so get outcoached by other coaches.. so what's his point? Is he saying TC sucks? Come on now.. let's be men and not point fingers.

You dont think he's right about what he said? Did you watch these last 3 games....and I guess the Panthers game also?

We are out coached. Better yet, other teams are coached, we arent. Its pathetic. Remember, Tiki also said this last year after the fabulous Panthers game.

You dont think he's right about what he said? Did you watch these last 3 games....and I guess the Panthers game also?

We are out coached. Better yet, other teams are coached, we arent. Its pathetic. Remember, Tiki also said this last year after the fabulous Panthers game.

I'm not contesting what he said per se. I'm contesting his method and his platform. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see we were both outplayed and outcoached. Why make matters worse by throwing your HC under the bus when you haven't lived up to your potential either?

I'd rather keep Shockey than any coach we have. He wasn't lying, our coaches suck and are keepijg this team down. I was a big supporter of TC because I thought his discipline would be just what was needed for this team, yet we3 continue to have way too many penalties. False starst sould not be a reaccuring theme year after year.

Kudos to Shock for speaking the truth, I think he should stop shwoing up Eli ofcourse, hbut what he said about the coaches is spot on. Tiki said it and now Shockey said it, I'd say there's truth in that.

I'd rather keep Shockey than any coach we have. He wasn't lying, our coaches suck and are keepijg this team down. I was a big supporter of TC because I thought his discipline would be just what was needed for this team, yet we3 continue to have way too many penalties. False starst sould not be a reaccuring theme year after year.

Kudos to Shock for speaking the truth, I think he should stop shwoing up Eli ofcourse, hbut what he said about the coaches is spot on. Tiki said it and now Shockey said it, I'd say there's truth in that.

Hardly anyone disagreed with what he said. It's the platform in which he said it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how the coaching fucked shit up for.. be it not running Tiki even when we were running well.. or our DC and his defenese-less packages.

Hardly anyone disagreed with what he said. It's the platform in which he said it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how the coaching fucked shit up for.. be it not running Tiki even when we were running well.. or our DC and his defenese-less packages.

Coaches have to be acountable too. The only ones who can make them accountable are the players, and now 2 of our best players have called them out.

Coaches have to be acountable too. The only ones who can make them accountable are the players, and now 2 of our best players have called them out.

I created a thread in which I stated we shouldn't blame the players. This one was given away by terrible play calling and lack of defensive schemes.

Shockey is correct.

The Giants had FAR less talent on defense with John Fox and never played consistently this poorly.

They would have the occasional piss poor game, but never for stretches of long duration would the defense look so pathetic.

The Giants are also one of the dumbest teams in the league with penalties, and the irony is it was the not the defensive players BUT the offensive players calling out the coach.

Their offense misues Shockey, does not go to the no huddle until too late, and as Shockey mentioned, "Was not prepared for the defense."

That is all on the coach.

At this stage Coughlin should be sent away from the Giants and back to Iraq doing something less important/insignificant.