SportsWrath

Shockey says G-Men were "outcoached"

shooboxx

Next time any of you have a bad day at work, go to the press and tell them that your boss is an idiot.

If my boss kept putting me in a position to fail, and stubburnly refused to make much needed adjustements, if I had the power of a pro athlete, then anybody with a backbone(not booyah, the internet does not qualify) would.

Heres my theory.

Our players are good players, loads of talent. They aren't performing well, and after what Shock said, I'm starting to think our players dont like this coaching staff. And I bet it started from the Panthers debacle.

Call me stupid, whatever, but this team is done for the season. Players dont want to play for this staff anymore, and it's obvious.

Maybe next year. :brooding:

Heres my theory.

Our players are good players, loads of talent. They aren't performing well, and after what Shock said, I'm starting to think our players dont like this coaching staff. And I bet it started from the Panthers debacle.

Call me stupid, whatever, but this team is done for the season. Players dont want to play for this staff anymore, and it's obvious.

stupid

Heres my theory.

Its only week three, there's still hope. But things better change quickly or else we are going to see another double digits lost season.

No offense, but Eli makes more mistakes out there than Shockey. Shockey is wide open on certain plays and he's looked off.

It's because Shockey has 'brick hands' and Toomer is catching BETTER than the hobbled one called Shockey.

P.S. Eli should be getting in those two crybabies faces more often (ELI should cuss Shockey's ass out AND get on Plax's ass at times).

Guys, we all know Shockey is right. But what he did was inexcusable, you can't call out your coaches like that, you have to bite your tongue.

That was point. It's not like Shockey was the only one to say this. Obviously this team doesnt like this staff.

If my boss kept putting me in a position to fail, and stubburnly refused to make much needed adjustements, if I had the power of a pro athlete, then anybody with a backbone(not booyah, the internet does not qualify) would.

let me know how that works out for you. my suggestion would be to go sit down behind closed doors with your boss and tell him your feelings. that's what team players do. thats what champions do.

Shockey ended up apologizing for his comments. He's frustrated as are we all. I never thought I'd see the Jets having a better record than us in week 3. Hopefully the Gmen pull their heads out of their asses and get it together.

Jeez Jersey, the Jets beat the titans and the bills and lost to a pats team on the downside. We played the Eagles/Seattle and the Colts. Day and Night girl.

let me know how that works out for you. my suggestion would be to go sit down behind closed doors with your boss and tell him your feelings. that's what team players do. thats what champions do.

You assume they hav't done this yet. Tiki is as classy as they come and he called the coaches out, you think he never voiced his concerns with TC? You think Strahan hasn't had a closed door meeting with TC?

I could be wrong, but I would think Tiki has told the coaches he's concerned about things. Half our players are practicing in Miami, you don't hear anyone ever defend TC or the coaches. The players do not repect their coaches, TC's way isn't working and the rest of the staff is a joke.

It doesn't matter, you still gotta bite your tongue.

Why? It's obvious the veterans are concerned about the team, and I would think someone has tried talking to them. Look at Plax being benched after a couple dropped balls, how do you bench a coach? The players get the shitty end of the stick by being benched and the coaches are supposed to be given a free pass? Fuck that, I'm glad we have players that have the balls to call their coaches out, things won't change otherwise.

Why? It's obvious the veterans are concerned about the team, and I would think someone has tried talking to them. Look at Plax being benched after a couple dropped balls, how do you bench a coach? The players get the shitty end of the stick by being benched and the coaches are supposed to be given a free pass? Fuck that, I'm glad we have players that have the balls to call their coaches out, things won't change otherwise.

We need T.O. on this team, that would get the word out.... :LMAO:

You assume they hav't done this yet. Tiki is as classy as they come and he called the coaches out, you think he never voiced his concerns with TC? You think Strahan hasn't had a closed door meeting with TC?

I could be wrong, but I would think Tiki has told the coaches he's concerned about things. Half our players are practicing in Miami, you don't hear anyone ever defend TC or the coaches. The players do not repect their coaches, TC's way isn't working and the rest of the staff is a joke.

I don't think Strahan has had a closed door meeting with Coughlin. Remember the time Strahan was on time for a meeting and found out he was 5 minutes late!. I'm sure Strahan is a big supporter of Tom.

I think Shockey was feeling the moment and his immediate feelings and expressing them. Its really no surpirse that Shockey has some issues restraining at times. Was he right? YES Was he right to say it when he did? No. Why? Because, its bad enough that this team has the performance to look back on and see how ass-out all aspects were. The players do nothing to improve the situation by feeding the press. That is all this sort of thing does - feeds the press. It doesnt make coaches chance, in fact, I would say it give them more incentive to be hardnosed and stubborn. But the press loves it and encourages it.

i can almost guarantee that shockey has never asked to speak to the coach in private to voice his concerns.

i can almost guarantee that shockey has never asked to speak to the coach in private to voice his concerns.

I doubt shockey has either, but i'm sure other veterans have. It's apparent our coaches are unwilling to change their game plans. dating back to last year we have the same mistakes and have the same gameplan that doesn't work. Talent alone won last week against the eagles, coaching nearly lost us that game.