SportsWrath

Schedule

Herc

Not fully released until tonight but stuff will trickle out all day.  So far we have a game in Germany on 11/10 vs Carolina.  It doesn’t specify which team is “home” so I’m guessing Carolina is bc they are listed second.

Yeah for sure.  Is this the first year they are doing this?  I can’t imagine it would do numbers but I’m not a tv programmer so what do I know.  

ranaan just hinted that we got a thanksgiving game.  Prob Dallas 

7 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah for sure.  Is this the first year they are doing this?  I can’t imagine it would do numbers but I’m not a tv programmer so what do I know.  

ranaan just hinted that we got a thanksgiving game.  Prob Dallas 

I guess NFL network does not have a ton of programming this time of year

A Dallas Thanksgiving game would be cool since it will be one of the day games.   The late game on Thanksgiving is the worst

2 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

The Germany game would be better during Oktoberfest, but I can wait for November to have breakfast brats and beers

Nice... would want a game during the Fest with a pilsner beer and a nice juicy Saint Pauli girl... :bounce:

3 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

The Germany game would be better during Oktoberfest, but I can wait for November to have breakfast brats and beers

Man, brats and eggs sounds fucking delicious.

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

u8vr2zfkutuxzusltct1.jpg

I guess the benefit of no expectations this year is not too many primetime games

I count four, counting the Thanksgiving Day game. That's a lot for a shitty team. 

I think its telling that the primetime games are mostly in the first half of the season. The Giants are still a popular team, they're always in primetime whether they deserve it or not, but the league doesn't expect them to be an interesting team late in the season. 

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I count four, counting the Thanksgiving Day game. That's a lot for a shitty team. 

I think its telling that the primetime games are mostly in the first half of the season. The Giants are still a popular team, they're always in primetime whether they deserve it or not, but the league doesn't expect them to be an interesting team late in the season. 

Last year it was 4 in the first 6 weeks and a total of 6 primetime games.       We thankfully have more 1:00 games this year too, I love the 1:00 start

32 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I think we have a good shot to go 3-0 before we start getting our shit pushed in. 

Agreed, and then we have Dallas at home on Thursday, which is a pretty good draw, home on Thursday is an advantage. I can see a best-case scenario that this team is in the hunt for a playoff spot, not because I think this is a playoff caliber team, but the schedule falls kind of nicely and there aren't many good QBs to contend with. Burrow and LJax, and the rest are real average types, possibly a few rookies and other young guys. 

38 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Agreed, and then we have Dallas at home on Thursday, which is a pretty good draw, home on Thursday is an advantage.

Dude, on a Thursday night all of the Meadowlands Geezers will be selling their tickets.  That stadium is going to be 75% Cowboys fans. 

Jeez CD, do you even Giants Fan? 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Dude, on a Thursday night all of the Meadowlands Geezers will be selling their tickets.  That stadium is going to be 75% Cowboys fans. 

Jeez CD, do you even Giants Fan? 

LOL! Giants won't have a real home field advantage ever again, the PSLs killed that. But no travel for a Thursday game is still a good thing. 

Yeah I like going to giants games but it’s always really noticeable how mild of a crowd we are.  

unfortunately the ny market means we always get a decent amount of prime time games.  Just glad we don’t start the season at night.  Was worried the 100 years thing would lead to that