SportsWrath

Who's your "not seeing it" player this year?

4 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Jones....

well yes, 6 years into someone’s career saying they were drafted early isn’t the same as on draft day saying someone was drafted early. 

13 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Staubach though a hated Broke Back was a great QB in Landry's (ex-Giants player and coach for the young ones)  system.  He was the 70s Joe Montana.  Craig was hit by LT to cough up that ball for the 1990 Championship game that ended the Three Peat.  

LT did that to a lot of people D.

Craig played at my High School's cross town rival back in the 70s. He was a fucking man playing against boys. He put 370 years on us.

In the 80s I worked construction with one of his cousins and I got met him a handful of times. He is a great fucking guy. ...like, run into you at O'Hare airport 35 years later and he still remembers you type of great fucking guy.

I have no idea why he isn't in the Hall of Fame...if Marcus Allen, J.Bettis, and Terrell Davis are. He was probably the most fundamentally sound back ever and could do everything at a 90 percentile level....block, chip, run, catch, read coverages and blitz packages. I think he even threw a TD pass or two....but I need to double check that.

I think he finally gets in this year but its way over due and shouldnt have had to been done by the Vets Committee.

C.W agon

7 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

LT did that to a lot of people D.

Craig played at my High School's cross town rival back in the 70s. He was a fucking man playing against boys. He put 370 years on us.

In the 80s I worked construction with one of his cousins and I got met him a handful of times. He is a great fucking guy. ...like, run into you at O'Hare airport 35 years later and he still remembers you type of great fucking guy.

I have no idea why he isn't in the Hall of Fame...if Marcus Allen, J.Bettis, and Terrell Davis are. He was probably the most fundamentally sound back ever and could do everything at a 90 percentile level....block, chip, run, catch, read coverages and blitz packages. I think he even threw a TD pass or two....but I need to double check that.

I think he finally gets in this year but its way over due and shouldnt have had to been done by the Vets Committee.

C.W agon

For sure I agree... Roger Craig was always a class act and he was one of the few running backs for opposing teams back then I did not dislike.  Kudo to you.  Yes LT changed the game and was the source of nightmares.  Danny White for the Broke Backs was so focused on him that Carl Banks planted him on a blind sack and broke his wrist in 86.  He was never the same again and the Giants won the SB that year.

18 hours ago, Mr. P said:

well yes, 6 years into someone’s career saying they were drafted early isn’t the same as on draft day saying someone was drafted early. 

Maybe - but you said, if someone gets drafted early, its not getting drafted early, the mock drafts were wrong. Im saying Jones got drafted early and the mock drafts werent. But then again - the Giants really fucked him up too in every way possible - so its up for grabs.

5 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Maybe - but you said, if someone gets drafted early, its not getting drafted early, the mock drafts were wrong. Im saying Jones got drafted early and the mock drafts werent. But then again - the Giants really fucked him up too in every way possible - so its up for grabs.

and I’m explaining the difference between saying that on draft night and saying it 6 years later. 

On 4/19/2024 at 3:08 PM, mastershake said:

Wilson and a few others who are projected 2nd rounders (Pearsall, Franklin, McConkey) might end up with more productive careers than the top 10 or top 20 WRs in this draft.

Any of those guys would be great in the 2nd if available. Wouldn't mind a trade down to 11-15 for Bowers in the 1st then taking a WR in the 2nd, assuming we can't get Jayden Daniels.

I'd love to see us get Denver's 1st this year and 1st next year in this trade scenario, setting us up for a high QB draft pick next year.