SportsWrath

And Then There's This...

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

I don’t want to reach for a wr at 6. 

Do you think Nabers is a reach? I keep going back and forth between him and Odunze over who I like better. 

I can really see the draft going this way. At least the picks up until 5. I think if there is a trade, it might change things. If all the QBs are gone though, then the BPA. Possibly at 6; Odunze, Alt, Nabers, and Harrison Jr. 

6 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Do you think Nabers is a reach? I keep going back and forth between him and Odunze over who I like better. 

Me too. I think in most drafts it’s a sure fire bet that either would be off the board by 6.

15 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I don’t want to reach for a wr at 6. 

Nabers isnt a reach at six. In fact on a lot of reports, they have him as the top WR prospect even better than MHJ. I like this draft - not reaching for a QB at 6 OR for Penix Jr

6 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Nabers isnt a reach at six. In fact on a lot of reports, they have him as the top WR prospect even better than MHJ. I like this draft - not reaching for a QB at 6 OR for Penix Jr

Same for Odunze. There are some stories about him doing shit like counting rotations on the ball before he catches it that bring to mind one of our old favorites, Hakeem Nicks. Then the guy put up some pro day numbers that bring to mind Julio Jones. 

And I'm not so sure I don't like Nabors better than either of them. 

23 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I like Odunze more but would be happy with a Nabers.  I would be happy with a top tier QB.  I see pick six as a great opportunity to get the best available athlete as in the old days.

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I’ve seen McCarthy and the other 3 qbs mocked higher than I’ve seen Nabors mocked. 

Why is a qb a reach at 6 but not wr?

That depends on the QB, but QBs go high because they’re so rare.

6 minutes ago, jranieli said:

P would have a fucking heart attack. I think everyone else would too. No way the draft ends up that way. 

I'd have no problem with Joe Alt dude is a 12 year starting tackle in the NFL.

The QB in round 2 would actually have a real Oline.

Something we haven't seen since 2009.

Also with all the draft talk, the Giants will not take a QB at #6 unless for some freak reason they land Williams or Daniels falls.

They ain't taking Maye or McCarthy at #6  

However I can see them aggressively trading back up into the first if McCarthy drops or Penix is there near the end of round 1. 

There is way way to many NFL ready day one guys there at #6 to take one of the "tier two QBs"

Williams and Daniels are ready to play day one, after that the otherr QBs (outside of Penix but that's a whole other can of worms) are all project type QBs.

They need a team around them to be successful and learn. 

We don't have that team.

But with the #6 we fill a massive need and beat play talent wise there to becoming that team.

He it Nabers, or Alt, or Rome, or that CB. 

And trust me being done with Jones for the past two years, I want no I need to see a new QB in blue next year.

But I don't want to pass up the talent that is there at #6 with a roster as void of talent as the Giants are. 

12 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

We all said and thought the same of Neal right?

12 hours ago, jranieli said:

P would have a fucking heart attack. I think everyone else would too. No way the draft ends up that way. 

12 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'd be 100% fine with them drafting Alt. 

Like we all said three months ago, the offseason priorities need to be O-line, O-line, and O-line. 

13 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I would not complain if they draft the opposite book end to Thomas and solidifies the line for the next 8-10 years

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

We all said and thought the same of Neal right?

If that's the attitude why even bother drafting?

In all super seriousness business tho, not sure if the stats have been delved into but I'm willing to say that any position pick within the top 10 is significantly much more likely to work out than a QB in the top 10.  

However the repercussions of missing on a QB set the franchise back longer than missing on another position.

But just opinion l, I'm sure some draft nerd has done the research on it. 

36 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

If that's the attitude why even bother drafting?

In all super seriousness business tho, not sure if the stats have been delved into but I'm willing to say that any position pick within the top 10 is significantly much more likely to work out than a QB in the top 10.  

However the repercussions of missing on a QB set the franchise back longer than missing on another position.

But just opinion l, I'm sure some draft nerd has done the research on it. 

If that’s the attitude then why can’t we act like the qb’s are a sure thing too?

Drafting Alt will put a 12 year starter at tackle, drafting a qb will put a 15 year starter at qb. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

If that’s the attitude then why can’t we act like the qb’s are a sure thing too?

Drafting Alt will put a 12 year starter at tackle, drafting a qb will put a 15 year starter at qb. 

Hey I think a team should draft a QB ever year even a late round pick.

You never know if you get the next Brady.

However as I said I'm not a draft nerd but im willing to bet more OTs work out than QBs in the draft.

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Hey I think a team should draft a QB ever year even a late round pick.

You never know if you get the next Brady.

However as I said I'm not a draft nerd but im willing to bet more OTs work out than QBs in the draft.

yes more work out, it’s an easier position than quarterback. 

but quarterback is the most important position, and a much bigger need. 

hell when I asked who would protect Penix’ blind side if we drafted him my concerns were all waved away.