SportsWrath

New Raiders coach: Antonio Pierce

Herc

Still surprised anyone would hire McDaniels after that shit show in Denver. 

Anyways good for Pierce, typically these interns jobs don't end well, the only one I can think of was Arians taking over the Colts and then him going in to win the SB with the Bucs. 

I never thought McDaniels was a good coach or even offensive coordinator. He's like Adam Gase and Peyton Manning; he was only ever thought to be "good" because his QB was a hall of famer. When they don't have a hall of fame QB, they're a disaster.

Honestly, what do you really need to do to coach Peyton Manning or Tom Brady (after years of them already being established star QBs?).

Usually when a player goes to another team and whatnot, I feel pretty ho-hum about it. 

However, I'm ecstatic for Antonio Pierce.  I always loved that guy;  not the most athletic, but got by on smarts, toughness, and tenacity.  My favorite kind of player. 

I hope he has a long career as a coach in the league and would love to see him have success for the remainder of the season. 

I am with you guys.  All for Pierce... and I will follow the Raiders more closely like my Orthodontist... Dr. Goldstampt and/or my Indian fuck buddy.  They both love the Raiders.  I was big Raiders fan with Madden and The Left Handed Snake QB Stabler.  Lets hope Antonio gets them to play up to snuff and if they beat the Giants, more power to him and them.

There were stories/rumors before Monday night's loss that there was serious dissention in the locker room. Apparently McDaniels  gave the team the Monday or Tuesday off after week 7. DaVante Adams went to the facility to workout anyway. When he got there, he was told there was no practice and told to leave. As he walked by the practice field McDaniels and all the white players were practicing. Not a single black person to be seen anywhere. Today, McDaniels, the GM and the OC were fired. :confused:

Can't verify this anywhere, but people all over the stadium have been talking. 

I know, I know...every year there's an interim HC appointed and they come in with fire and end up flamed out, but man, looking at the clip of his presser you gotta wish he was your coach. You gotta hope he stays on after the interim. You gotta root for him (even though it's the Raiders). I loved him as a Giant, and considering our season, I almost wish he wins just because of the feel good story....almost

https://www.nfl.com/news/new-las-vegas-interim-head-coach-antonio-pierce-i-was-born-a-raider

7 hours ago, BronxRik said:

There were stories/rumors before Monday night's loss that there was serious dissention in the locker room. Apparently McDaniels  gave the team the Monday or Tuesday off after week 7. DaVante Adams went to the facility to workout anyway. When he got there, he was told there was no practice and told to leave. As he walked by the practice field McDaniels and all the white players were practicing. Not a single black person to be seen anywhere. Today, McDaniels, the GM and the OC were fired. :confused:

Can't verify this anywhere, but people all over the stadium have been talking. 

Wow... talk about crazy and stupid.  In 2023 you have to know this is wrong.  In a league that is 70% Black players.  I have to say that crazy loon owner Davis would not go for this...

5 hours ago, BronxRik said:

I know, I know...every year there's an interim HC appointed and they come in with fire and end up flamed out, but man, looking at the clip of his presser you gotta wish he was your coach. You gotta hope he stays on after the interim. You gotta root for him (even though it's the Raiders). I loved him as a Giant, and considering our season, I almost wish he wins just because of the feel good story....almost

https://www.nfl.com/news/new-las-vegas-interim-head-coach-antonio-pierce-i-was-born-a-raider

Didn't watch the presser but always like AP as a player.

Still root for Giants, but yeah, if AP gets his 1st win and Giants get a better draft pick given our season so far...will not be too broken up over it.

Along same lines, I almost want to see Crosby break DJ in half just so Giants can realize and experience the true jackassery they've created by rushing Jones back and keeping the passer who isn't allowed to pass on the active roster....almost.

7 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Didn't watch the presser but always like AP as a player.

Still root for Giants, but yeah, if AP gets his 1st win and Giants get a better draft pick given our season so far...will not be too broken up over it.

Along same lines, I almost want to see Crosby break DJ in half just so Giants can realize and experience the true jackassery they've created by rushing Jones back and keeping the passer who isn't allowed to pass on the active roster....almost.

I want everything you wrote to happen for real.  Don't want DJ hurt........ just sobered... so he can take his cash and run.  Sit in a booth and announce games.  He is not the answer and the sooner the Giants get off of this train the better.  Same with the practice squad QB.  Also Taylor is nothing more than the perennially hurt backup.  Move on from all of them