SportsWrath

First Preseason Game

GorillaNJ

Secondary does look much deeper and seems confident.  The few designed pressures did their job.

Offensive line is still thin and has some work to do to gel.  

Only about 50% starters...Beasley is gonna end up on this roster if this continues.  The lunchpail guys like Sills are likely gone...which is a shame cause you like to have some of them on your team.

I'd like to see Gray get some carries at some point with 1st team this preseason so we didn't end up drafting a return guy only.

Still no Hyatt sightings...not sureif he dressed for game.  Maybe 2nd half

I only watched until part way through the 3rd Q, when everyone on the field looked like they’d be delivering Amazon packages in a couple weeks.

a few takeaways- I was pretty happy with the performance of the few guys who played last night who will be on the team. The only one who didn’t really show anything was Hyatt, other than he can survive an NFL gang tackle. 

When DeVito came in the game I cracked that the Giants put a Make a Wish kid at QB. Then he shut me the fuck up. Kid has some skills, didn’t see that coming.

JMS looked really good, I saw him get pushed back once, but otherwise when I was dialed in on him he was in control.

the one significant negative among guys who will make the team, I saw a Detroit backup cornerback set the edge against Matt Peart. Good lord dude. Even I could have trucked that guy. Peart pulled up like he didn’t want to hurt the little tyke. Softest man in the NFL.

8 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

They are trying to make the team...

On the Detroit feed they mentioned that both coaching staffs told their special teams, nothing but live returns for this game. They wanted to get the work in.

the Detroit broadcast was pathetic, they had like high school kids doing it. They did well for high school kids. But it’s the NFL. So cheap and Mickey Mouse.

14 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Devito looks like he's played a year or two in the NFL.

Got some poise.

Keep him around plz 

Hahah, probably the 6 years in college helped with that.    

He’s only 1 year younger than Daniel Jones. 

fuckin like him though.    We kept calling him DeVito the guido, since he’s from jersey.  

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

On the Detroit feed they mentioned that both coaching staffs told their special teams, nothing but live returns for this game. They wanted to get the work in.

the Detroit broadcast was pathetic, they had like high school kids doing it. They did well for high school kids. But it’s the NFL. So cheap and Mickey Mouse.

Wow man... just too bad.  Yes, its preseason so use a top notch local cpverage team at least.

Biggest takeaways from last night:

Defense looks ready for week 1, nice to have depth at the secondary and Pinnock looks like a player. LBs seemed to be all over the field as well, and the DTs/IDL played well for being backups without allowing a lot of runs up the gut. 

Depth at the WR position seems to be there with the Giants signing all those guys. Good problem to have too many good WRs. 

Oline needs depth help ASAP and the Giants need to sign anyone and everyone they can after camp cuts. I give a pass to Schimdt since it's his first NFL action, but even the starting Oline looks horribly underwhelming, granted without the starting tackles. But the guards are still going to be a problem if anyone gets hurt. 

Don't call him Danny DeVito. Seriously this kid can play ball, found our new back up and if Dimes ever gets hurt I'd have no problem with him in a game situation. He looked poised for a rookie, as P said guess it's all those years in college but still he didn't seem to get fazed. Also can move well. Shit accuracy beyond the 25 yard throws though lol 

No backup/change of pace RB stood out, albeit because the Oline couldn't block worth a damn out there. 

Gano is still the MVP. 

No doubt offensive line was the worst part...but missing tackles and starting QB and no gameplan...a lot can be excused there.

Would definitely scour any cuts teams make to improve roster, but good backups don't usually get cut, so will hold breath on any signings that do come