SportsWrath

OTAs

BlueInCanada

I've been seeing someone float this around on Twitter. 4 years $56M w/ $28M guaranteed. I'm no cap expert especially with the advent of void years and all the different incentives that could change a contract and hit at different times, but if Schoen somehow manages to finesse the first 2 years of that so that no guaranteed money is on the cap for years 3 and 4, how would everyone feel?

19 hours ago, Dragon said:

I've been seeing someone float this around on Twitter. 4 years $56M w/ $28M guaranteed. I'm no cap expert especially with the advent of void years and all the different incentives that could change a contract and hit at different times, but if Schoen somehow manages to finesse the first 2 years of that so that no guaranteed money is on the cap for years 3 and 4, how would everyone feel?

Yes I can live with 2 years 28 mil guaranteed.  He’s not going to fall off this year and if he falls off in 2024 that’s fine 

I'd even go 3 years, 48 mil, with 35 mil guaranteed with a void year on the end...while protecting the team against potential injury

Throw in a few incentives here and there to bring it up to 50 mil over 3 years and I can live with that.

If he balks at that, then tag him next year too just to be spiteful.

Also the cap is skyrocketing with all these deals the NFL is doing. 

Billion dollar non profit lol 

Anyways even if his hit was in the 12 million range, so what? Who are we getting in FA now that would make as much of an impact as him.

And by next year we have a good hunk of space with Williams/he who should not be mentioned/Toneys caps off the books. 

20 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Love He Who Shall Not Be Named, hilarious.  Phony was his name, right? :huh:

more Golladay but either work lol

At least Toney is bouncing back, Golladay might never play a meaningful snap again while enjoying a big fat payday from the Giants still

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

more Golladay but either work lol

At least Toney is bouncing back, Golladay might never play a meaningful snap again while enjoying a big fat payday from the Giants still

I hear all of that.  In the end... Toney needed a full dose of Daboll, Parcell, Coughlin... even Fassell would have all collectively kicked his ass and got him motivated.  People forget that peeps got on Parcells for giving LT carte blanche.  I agreed with Parcells, you have a guy (arguably the best ever) who changes the game... and physically gets the Giants into the playoffs and two Superbowl's... you let him do what he wants within reason short of rape and murder.

19 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I hear all of that.  In the end... Toney needed a full dose of Daboll, Parcell, Coughlin... even Fassell would have all collectively kicked his ass and got him motivated.  People forget that peeps got on Parcells for giving LT carte blanche.  I agreed with Parcells, you have a guy (arguably the best ever) who changes the game... and physically gets the Giants into the playoffs and two Superbowl's... you let him do what he wants within reason short of rape and murder.

Add taking loaded guns with no safety on them into LQ and I agree. Lol.

Just pay the guy - if this BS of him sitting out rears its head its going to be ugly for all.

I honestly feel Saquon is not understanding the market fully. Or maybe he is banking on the Cap shooting up and Giants making room for him. Either way, we need Saquon next year for the sake of continuity - the leadership, character and work ethic are some of the intangibles that he brings to the table that cannot be easily replaced.

Idt he signs before the deadline. Both sides are gonna take it down to the wire. On top of that if Josh Jacobs signs before Saquon does he'd basically set the floor for a Saquon deal so they may be waiting on that too.