SportsWrath

OTAs

BlueInCanada

I want to see the offensive line together the whole offseason/season.  Consistency I think is a huge piece of the puzzle.  Neal's improvement will be key.

I think we will still be dedicated to the run, but knowing what Barkley brings is the thing.  Getting timing down with the new guys seems to be priority...dont think it's an indication of type of offense

On 5/25/2023 at 10:16 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Starting Oline.

Thomas, Bredeson, John Jacob, Glowinski, Neal. 

We may finally have an average Oline!

Neal's gotta make the jump this year.  I sure hope he does. 

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

You and me both. Between the injury and him just having trouble adjusting to speed rushers it looked bad, but according to social media he hasn't stopped working all off-season. 

8 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Neal, much like Thomas did year one, had a hard time adjusting to the speed of an NFL pass rush.

I have hope/faith he'll turn it around with proper coaching, but that's the thing about every draft pick who knows what the turn into by year 4.

It's why I've never been opposed for sending picks away for vets, even firsts if they are fulltime role guys.

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

With the new fair catch rules there really isn't a point to return a punt or kick. 

People were still running kicks out of the end zone.  There will still be returns. 

Adoree doesn’t need to be one of the guys doing it though.  

Just now, The P said:

People were still running kicks out of the end zone.  There will still be returns. 

Adoree doesn’t need to be one of the guys doing it though.  

Isn't it 25 yards regardless now? Even if caught in the end zone?

From my understanding anyways. 

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

Isn't it 25 yards regardless now? Even if caught in the end zone?

From my understanding anyways. 

Yeah.  But it was 25 if you caught it in the end zone before, and plenty of players returned kicks out of the end zone.    So I believe plenty of players will also still be returning kicks from say the 5 yard line too.  Less, but it will still be happening. 

Just now, The P said:

Yeah.  But it was 25 if you caught it in the end zone before, and plenty of players returned kicks out of the end zone.    So I believe plenty of players will also still be returning kicks from say the 5 yard line too.  Less, but it will still be happening. 

Yeah guess it depends if a lane forms that the returner thinks he can hit. 

Even so I just don't see why anyone would return the ball when you get it on the 25 and need maybe 28 yards for a FG attempt.  

I don't watch enough college football to see what the returns are like on average. 

9 hours ago, NeMesiS said:

The key for this team to flourish, it’s for the offensive line to do the damn job. As bad as Neal was last year, the interior offensive line was even worse. Absolute garbage.

Thibs and the pass rush is a close 2nd.  Was just okay last season...needs to take a big step forward this year.  With and improved secondary, despite losing Love...which I think will hurt more than we realize...the pass rush should be better.

Hopkins I understand (outside of not getting atleast one pick for him) he wants to go chase a ring and the Cardinals have forfeited this year since Murray's knee is made of wet tissue paper.

But Cook? Dude is still a dyanmic RB #1.

We should sign Cook lol