SportsWrath

It's nice not knowing

BlueInCanada

Having a GM and staff that don't give away their hand weeks before a draft so that the media and the division rivals don't get to trade ahead of you. 

It's a good feeling to see mock drafts come out where not a single pundit can agree or have any idea who the Giants will grab. 

Good guy Schoen actually wants to be a real NFL GM.

Didn't Schoen go full Tyrion Lannister last year too and leak fake players to some of the scouting department guys and then he fired those guys after the draft?  I seem to remember hearing that the Giants were "in love" with Charles Cross and hearing that had been planted by Schoen. 

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Didn't Schoen go full Tyrion Lannister last year too and leak fake players to some of the scouting department guys and then he fired those guys after the draft?  I seem to remember hearing that the Giants were "in love" with Charles Cross and hearing that had been planted by Schoen. 

Id love to read more about that. I don’t remember it. 

56 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

The dude learned from one of the best in the business.

20 hours ago, mastershake said:

How did DG tip his hand exactly? Maybe on Barkley he gushed about, but what else.

Wasn't DJ and Dexter Lawrence not expected?

We certainly knew about Barkley and DJ.   

11 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

yeah, DG pretty much told the whole world DJ would be the pick, and we didn't believe it because Duke, Dave Brown, etc. 

Did he? I always thought it was a surprise. I must have missed something.

I know they were gushing over him for sure at the combine and senior bowl, or something like that...but I also thought they said they're taking the best player available.

Got jumped for DeVonta smith by the Eagles too, and we ended up with Don'tKareous Phony. 

JR was infamous for this as well.  Got jumped twice in the same draft by Tennessee and Chicago to nab Jack Conklin and Leonard Floyd respectively, and we got caught with our pants down and ended up with Eli Apple.  

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

Got jumped for DeVonta smith by the Eagles too, and we ended up with Don'tKareous Phony. 

JR was infamous for this as well.  Got jumped twice in the same draft by Tennessee and Chicago to nab Jack Conklin and Leonard Floyd respectively, and we got caught with our pants down and ended up with Eli Apple.  

Eli Apple I always thought was JR panicking and passing on Leremy Tunsil (who really should have been the pick, but the pot smoking story freaked him out).

I remember me also wanting Corey Coleman that year.....BOY was I wrong about that one.

1 hour ago, The P said:

Considering the reactions:

It doesn’t read like everyone knew Jones was the pick.   Nobodies mocks that year reflected that either.

it’s actually quite funny to read. 

I seem to remember lots of mocks having us taking EDGE Josh Allen (and then fans crying when we didn't draft him at #6), plus DL Ed Oliver or OT Jonah Williams.

4 hours ago, The P said:

Considering the reactions:

It doesn’t read like everyone knew Jones was the pick.   Nobodies mocks that year reflected that either.

it’s actually quite funny to read. 

we were in denial, lol

a couple people in there did say we'd pick Jones.... and nobody was excited about it.

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

This^^^

We were still burning about the Dave Brown Experience/Experiment.  The worst QB pick in my lifetime worse than Pisarcik and/or Brunner back in the mid to late 70's.

Bro I thought we had a gentleman’s agreement to never say that name.   :(

Every GM and front office leads other teams with "leaks". Nothing special about that. The end of the day you've done your homework and you build the squad. Reese got draft picks right, Gettlemen did also. in years we'll know how good Schoen was in the draft, because if he's any good, 2/3 of the team should be draft picks.