SportsWrath

DOOMED!

BronxRik

Giants                                                 27-26                                                                  Vikings

Kirk Cousins gets hit more than any quarterback in football. That was the case during the Vikings' tight win over the Giants just three weeks ago and will be the case again with the Vikings on Sunday without right tackle Brian O'Neill. All season, the Giants made due with scheme over talent. But with Dexter Lawrence dominating alongside Leonard Williams, Kayvon Thibodeaux and Azeez Ojulari, defensive coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale can get truly wild with his blitzes and stunts. They are healthy and peaking at the right time. When the Vikings have the ball, the coaching matchup should be a fascinating back-and-forth. When the Giants have the ball, give Brian Daboll the edge.

I've been picking against the Giants all year as they searched for the right mix of players and cohesion. They finally found it in December. This receiver group is good enough. The Vikings played more man coverage and blitzed more late in the season, but they are ultimately a passive defense that struggles against RPOs. I hate picking the trendy upset of the week, but the Giants wanted this matchup for a reason. It will be cruel when Minnesota's first one-score loss of the season comes when it matters most. 

Every time the pundits pick us it's a disaster. I wish they would have just had us as the underdog and shit talked us. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/super-wild-card-weekend-nfl-game-picks-2022-nfl-season#:~:text=New York Giants,13-4

It's almost split the places I've been checking.

Granted I don't think we end up in the big dance but holy fuck imagine a playoff win after the last 10 plus years.

At that point just give Daboll the largest NFL coaching contract ever and lock down Jones, Barkley and Sexy Dexy for the next 8 years. 

If they beat Minny, hope survives for the big dance.

I don't think they get past Philthy or the 9'ers if they do beat Minny, but defense wins championships so if that holds true we do stand a chance. Granted, we beat some really shitty teams to get here, but holy cow, after all the years of mediocrity it's finally good to be in the hunt again. 

8 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

These are 1981 to 1986 vibes all over again

I agree TBCV ….. as long as we don’t have an 82 and 83 season next . We are building from the ashes towards something special in a few years time under Daboll I feel

1 minute ago, Herc said:

yeah we are everyone's favorite pick this weekend everywhere I look.  makes me nervous but I feel really good about the game anyway.  

Same. I hate when giants are the favorites. People don’t realize coaches are paid to make adjustments to not repeat the same mistakes.  I think we’ll have a hard time with the Vikes this time around because they can now estimate the strength of our WR and exploit the shit out of it. They will have better defense against DJ and Barkley.  

if we are to win, will win by our defense. 

5 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

I agree TBCV ….. as long as we don’t have an 82 and 83 season next . We are building from the ashes towards something special in a few years time under Daboll I feel

For sure UK

For sure

1981 straight onto 1984 onward :)

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

How old are you guys?!?!?  Goddamn.  

58, soon to be 59 in March :laugh: 

The Last time during the Golden Era the Giants went to the playoffs was in 1963 a year before I was born in 1964.

The Giants did not return to the playoffs till 1981, the first year of LT.

They won the Wildcard Game against the Egals (who the year before went to the Super Bowl and Lost) and then Lost to 

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

58, soon to be 59 in March :laugh: 

The Last time during the Golden Era the Giants went to the playoffs was in 1963 a year before I was born in 1964.

The Giants did not return to the playoffs till 1981, the first year of LT.

They won the Wildcard Game against the Egals (who the year before went to the Super Bowl and Lost) and then Lost to 

Damn. So when we met you were 50?  You looked mad young.  Thought you were no more than late 30s.  Guess blacks don’t age is right.  

Damn. So when we met you were 50?  You looked mad young.  Thought you were no more than late 30s.  Guess blacks don’t age is right.  

Bro 

Black don't Crack :afro::laugh::laugh:

I was once dating this Asian female, and I was 30.

She Looked 18 and she was really 32.

She was Chinese and her name was Imei- eyebrow, right?

I did not start getting grey until age 53

It started in my beard and worked its way up. :laugh:

Just imagine me in 1968 being the only one at preschool at 4 years of age Loving the Giants over the Champion Jets

I had to tell people I Loved blue over green even though I Live in Queens near to where the Jets used to play (Flushing Queens Shea Stadium) and where they practice at Hofstra University in East Meadow Nassau County