SportsWrath

Dumpster Dive Wish List

Sephiroth

19 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

No one so far has had any indication they would be more then equal to our bench players.

Some big names released though, just goes to show you the draft is a total crap shoot. 

I mean... I agree with you, but Leatherwood in particular can play both G and OT.  I'm not thrilled with trotting out Devery Henderson if one of our guys go down... at least Leatherwood is athletic with upside. 

50 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I thought for sure we'd reach out to whichever TE didn't make it in BUF.

OJ Howard though? Meh. 

Same argument as above.  He's better than literally any of our backups, though he's admittedly not very good. 

I think people fail to realize just how fucking atrocious this roster is.   I see us careening towards five wins. 

20 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

OT Alex Leatherwood 

I perked up when I saw this too.  The new raiders front office seem to be trying really hard to signal “god look what gruden left us with!” with all these moves.  Or he’s just a massive bust.  I have no idea

1 hour ago, Herc said:

I perked up when I saw this too.  The new raiders front office seem to be trying really hard to signal “god look what gruden left us with!” with all these moves.  Or he’s just a massive bust.  I have no idea

Everything I read says the later.  Might be too soon to give up on a guy and possible he was just overdrafted...but also might be good on the Raiders for knowing when someone sucks

12 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Everything I read says the later.  Might be too soon to give up on a guy and possible he was just overdrafted...but also might be good on the Raiders for knowing when someone sucks

shit half of giants fans wanted to cut Toney this offseason because he showed up late to Voluntary workouts. 

Id take a flyer on him if we can fit it under our cap. 

4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I mean... I agree with you, but Leatherwood in particular can play both G and OT.  I'm not thrilled with trotting out Devery Henderson if one of our guys go down... at least Leatherwood is athletic with upside. 

Same argument as above.  He's better than literally any of our backups, though he's admittedly not very good. 

I think people fail to realize just how fucking atrocious this roster is.   I see us careening towards five wins. 

Yeah, seven wins at best. 

I love the typical talking head Giants take this preseason: "they're headed the right direction. Five wins."

And they're not wrong. The roster is just that shitty.

I think we're far enough away that more questionable dudes isn't the way to go. 

4 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Still shocked we haven't seen a request for KG to take a pay cut.  I'd gladly take a year off the end of his contract too so he can try and cash out again

Seems impossible with his contract this year. 

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

He could always restructure...but probably won't

restructuring would just move money to later years.  Good idea if you want him to stick around for his entire contract, bad idea if you’re looking to be rid of him before then. 

Leatherwood was a reach last year as he was projected late 2nd round and the Raiders got mocked for picking him at 17. We need to stay away from examples such as him. 

Can't remember the clown we brought in last year that was nothing but trouble wherever he played and we take him and the fucker is sleeping in meetings. No more of these guys.

10 hours ago, 기둥서방 said:

restructuring would just move money to later years.  Good idea if you want him to stick around for his entire contract, bad idea if you’re looking to be rid of him before then. 

Restructures can include a pay cut simultaneously.  Only thing you can't fuck with is the signing bonus that was already paid and the need to account for it.