SportsWrath

Patrick Graham

Sephiroth

3 minutes ago, Nas said:

I don't know how to feel about that... I know our D wasn't as bad as our O but I don't remember the defense being spectacular either.  

We're gonna miss him I think. 

To his credit, in the first 5 games or so he tried running "his" defense and realized his personnel couldn't cut it so he reverted to what worked for them. 

16 minutes ago, jranieli said:

I am not even pissed about this. 

Probably should be. Not because he's leaving, but because he's not staying. You would think with him being left from the "old regime" he would want to stay and be a part of change. Only he's not. He chose to make a lateral move instead of staying. What does he know about Shoen and Daboll the rest of us don't? 

10 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Probably should be. Not because he's leaving, but because he's not staying. You would think with him being left from the "old regime" he would want to stay and be a part of change. Only he's not. He chose to make a lateral move instead of staying. What does he know about Shoen and Daboll the rest of us don't? 

He's leaving a team that hasn't had a winning record for last 8 years and is about to jettison most of the defense talent to save cap space, for a team that has a defense full of talent and was in the playoffs.  

I don't see why people think the Giants are a good situation.

We're gonna be a horrible team for a couple more seasons until we purge the roster and free up cap space. 

50 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's leaving a team that hasn't had a winning record for last 8 years and is about to jettison most of the defense talent to save cap space, for a team that has a defense full of talent and was in the playoffs.  

We're gonna be a horrible team for a couple more seasons until we purge the roster and free up cap space. 

Also I wonder if the pay is higher.

12 hours ago, Herc said:

We weren’t exactly the 2000 ravens.  We weren’t even the 2016 giants.  He was fine and I wouldn’t have cried if we kept him but he’s a little overhyped imo 

People stay and/or go for their own reasons.  He was not the Second Coming nor was he a dope.  There will be others.  We had Belichick as a DC for Christ's sake.  I guess I am spoiled that way.  He was alright to good if he had better personnel.  Not all world to me.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think this as well.  Been through repeated rebuilding programs going back to 1968.  We as the people connected to the Giants view them as "dream" jobs.  When in reality for people in football they are just another job.  Raider Nation has more to offer him right now.  Who knows if he plays his cards right, he may end up as head coach there?  Something I don't think the Giants under Mara would do in the future.  It would mean that Daboll in the short run would have had fucked up royally.

4 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

The pay, the power and the potential (possible head coaching there or another team), that the Giants cannot offer right now.  Simple is as simple does.

Yea... that too.   I'm sure a lot of factors play into these kinds of decisions... Good luck to him.  

For sure.  No animosity for him whatsoever.  Just hope he made the right decision for himself and his family.  I think he does think he made the right decision... for now.  It is up to see if the decision is right for the future as well.  Smooth sailings for him.

Graham could also be thinking of being a scape goat next year.

The Giants finish the year with some abysmal record, the GM and HC have no alligence to you, you were last regimes hire. 

So instead of figuring he'd be thrown under the bus to save face, he jumped ship to a HC who wanted him.